Swiss league leaders in talks to sign Kamberi (The Sun)

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Swiss league leaders St Gallen could jump ahead of Rangers and offer Florian Kamberi a passport into the Champions League.

SunSport understands they’re in talks to take the Hibernian striker back to his homeland this summer.

Gers, who took Kamberi on loan in January, have asked to be kept informed of the player’s plans.

But St Gallen — top of the league with six games left and out to seal Champions League football — are now negotiating to buy him.

Norwich, Hull, Middlesbrough and Huddersfield are also interested, while several other European clubs are monitoring his situation.

Selling Kamberi would help balance the books after the £250,000 signing of Kevin Nisbet and the cost of the Covid-19 crisis.

It would also remove a player whose relationship with Hibs fans was left in tatters in January after joining Gers on loan.

Kamberi, back training at East Mains with ten months left on his deal, insisted it had been his “dream” to play for the Light Blues.

Easter Road supremo Ron Gordon is anxious for funds to help stem horror losses from the pandemic.

As SunSport revealed last week, there are plans to make up to 70 employees redundant at all levels of the club, including coaches and scouts.

Players, who have had a percentage of their wages deferred, have also learned Gordon intends to scrap appearance money and win bonuses for the new campaign.

Good luck to him if he goes there, was a decent option off the bench for us but he's definitely not a priority in this window.

I get the feeling if we actually wanted him he would be here already and it pleases me we aren’t. He’s not of the required standard and it hopefully means we are looking at an improved standard of signings

He’s not going make a significant enough difference for us to really challenge for the title anyway so he can go where he likes. Our priority shouldn’t be squad filler, it should 3 or 4 winners to go straight into the starting 11, because the current team have shown they’re not up to it and I don’t see them having suddenly turned into winners during lockdown.

O9k0fPf.gif

Finding a lot of the comments on this and other threads pretty derogatory towards him which isn't necessary tbh.

If he's not coming back and going elsewhere, good luck to him. Gave his all everytime he was called upon in his short time, which can't be said for a lot of his teammates during the same time.

I said this at the end of the transfer window and took pelters for it. Kamberi and Dykes are not what we need. Sign them and we are no more improved than we were when the season was suspended.
I said this at the end of the transfer window and took pelters for it. Kamberi and Dykes are not what we need. Sign them and we are no more improved than we were when the season was suspended.

id be happy with dykes as a squad player. He holds the ball up well and has technique. When Morelos is injured we really really struggle to impose ourselves with Defoe due to our style.

Kamberi won't win us the league. Decent enough to make up the numbers but I won't cry if he goes elsewhere.

Finding a lot of the comments on this and other threads pretty derogatory towards him which isn't necessary tbh.

If he's not coming back and going elsewhere, good luck to him. Gave his all everytime he was called upon in his short time, which can't be said for a lot of his teammates during the same time.

I’d agree with that.

Miles ahead of Morelos attitude-wise after the break as well.

Wish him well, we need goalscorers in our team. His record for doing that is average at best.
He’s done it in this league though and he’s done it against the scum.

Personally I’d pay the money. Zero risk squad filler. If he gets a chance and comes good, great. If he doesn’t we could punt him in January for more than we pay for him now. In the meantime we have him as cheap back up.

It’s possible to sign the likes of him and still recognise and act on the fact that we need better for the first XI. The two aren’t incompatible.

Florian, to echo the words of dear old Vera Lynn who said, we’ll meet again, don’t know where, don’t know when.

He’s done it in this league though and he’s done it against the scum.

Personally I’d pay the money. Zero risk squad filler. If he gets a chance and comes good, great. If he doesn’t we could punt him in January for more than we pay for him now. In the meantime we have him as cheap back up.

It’s possible to sign the likes of him and still recognise and act on the fact that we need better for the first XI. The two aren’t incompatible.

His goalscoring record in our league is poor, to say he's done it in our league is plain wrong.
I didn't mention him for for the 1st team you're answering a question that wasn't asked by me

Last edited:
Good move for him if he's getting Champions League football similar to Morelos being linked to Lazio ST Gallen have a good striker called Cedric Itten already on their books wonder if there is interest in him.

Totally agree.

Whether good enough or not, he was one who could look himself in the mirror with his effort and performances from after the winter break. I can see the arguments for and against signing him.

He should go with our best wishes rather than with sarcasm.

If we’re getting another striker, which we need, then it’s got to be a 1st striker with 30 goals in him. Either replaces Morelos as he’s sold or he provides real competition for him. If there’s another striker banging them in then I doubt Morelos will have dips in form!

His goalscoring record in our league is poor, to say he's done it in our league is plain wrong.
I didn't mention him for for the 1st team you're answering a question that wasn't asked by me

So he's gone from average to poor now...

I don't think he's what we need, but he is a very honest player who appears to have a great attitude to the game. I hope he gets a good move elsewhere, and does well.

He said his goal scoring record is poor which, all things considered, it is.

He did contribute for us though so I can see both sides of the argument.
Read the thread. He started off saying it was average. Then in his next post it becomes poor.

Just the usual verbal gymnastics on here when someone disagrees with another poster's point.

Back