Swiss league leaders in talks to sign Kamberi (The Sun)

He’s done it in this league though and he’s done it against the scum.

Personally I’d pay the money. Zero risk squad filler. If he gets a chance and comes good, great. If he doesn’t we could punt him in January for more than we pay for him now. In the meantime we have him as cheap back up.

It’s possible to sign the likes of him and still recognise and act on the fact that we need better for the first XI. The two aren’t incompatible.
Genuine question. If he has such a poor 6 months with us that we would want to punt him in January, why would anyone pay more for him then than they can buy him for now?

We aren't exactly battering down Hibs door to sign Kamberi. I suspect we are looking at other options.

That will delight many on here who seem to have deluded themselves into thinking we can go out and splash a few million on a 3rd choice striker.
It’s probably a new first and second choice we are going to need with Defoe dropping down to third

Going by the stuff the people write in this thread, SG must have had a total blackout when he snapped him up from Hibs in January, not to mention having the audacity to play him!

At times you wonder what world people still live in hereabouts, going by what standard of player is good enough. As if we are bound to find the next Alfredos at every other corner with no-one else sniffing about.

Genuine question. If he has such a poor 6 months with us that we would want to punt him in January, why would anyone pay more for him then than they can buy him for now?

Right now Hibs are desperate to get shot of him, so he's undervalued. We'd be signing him on the cheap. I don't anticipate him being utter horseshit, it would be more a case of him not getting a game. With four English clubs reputedly interested I strongly suspect we'd at least get our money back on him in January if he looked surplus to requirements at Ibrox. Also at that stage there will be clubs in relegation zones looking to make a change and take a punt on someone who might offer them goals.

Average/poor who really cares, is it ok to have a different opinion different from you?
Instead of you attempting to be a smart arse?

You'll have seen that in my originally reply to you I said "personally...". That was my opinion.

You challenged that.
I responded.

It's a message board, it's called discussion. Get over it.

Will celebrate when this happens if only to put an end to the weekly Kamberi threads.

Absolutely nowhere near the quality we need. Not even as a back-up.

Very glad Gerrard seems to agree.

Right now Hibs are desperate to get shot of him, so he's undervalued. We'd be signing him on the cheap. I don't anticipate him being utter horseshit, it would be more a case of him not getting a game. With four English clubs reputedly interested I strongly suspect we'd at least get our money back on him in January if he looked surplus to requirements at Ibrox. Also at that stage there will be clubs in relegation zones looking to make a change and take a punt on someone who might offer them goals.
Fair enough. As I say, genuine question. Still not sure I agree his value would increase after a less than successful spell with us and as you suggest, limited game time. Probably a moot point anyway, as I suspect we'd have moved by now if we intended signing him.

Kamberi isn't good enough. 1 goal in 6 for us speaks for itself.

Just because he works hard doesn't necessarily make him good enough.

I'd say fire in, good luck, decent enough player, but I'm unsure that he truly would have been a difference maker for us.......

You'll have seen that in my originally reply to you I said "personally...". That was my opinion.

You challenged that.
I responded.

It's a message board, it's called discussion. Get over it.

No way!

I was responding to the comment 'so he's went from average to poor now'

I find it odd that we're still undecided on whether to bring him back or not.

This is a guy out of favour at a Hibs team who have spent a quarter of a million replacement on a guy who's had experience in the lower leagues of Scotland.

He's not a bad player but he isn't a Rangers player. The only reason he looked remotely decent at us is because the squad was going through a horrible malaise and he was genuinely putting in effort in a team that clearly wasn't.

We can't really sign players based on effort. If we sign Kamberi this window, we'll only be grumbling that we can't offload him because of his wage in a future window when he's classed as deadwood.

He's not a bad player but he isn't a Rangers player. The only reason he looked remotely decent at us is because the squad was going through a horrible malaise and he was genuinely putting in effort in a team that clearly wasn't.

The last part of that paragraph is a massive concern though.

Surely 100% effort is the least we expect?

The last part of that paragraph is a massive concern though.

Surely 100% effort is the least we expect?

At the very least mate, 100%. Was one of my main gripes last season that players were getting picked regardless of performances and effort.

He wasn't suggesting buying him just because he's cheap. At that price, he's value for money.
Depends how you look at it.
At the end of the day, the quality isnt there.
We have enough in numbers and thats the problem.
If defoe and morelos are here then he will be on the bench at best.

They can have him.

We aren’t winning the league with striking options of Morelos, Defoe and Kamberi.

Going by the stuff the people write in this thread, SG must have had a total blackout when he snapped him up from Hibs in January, not to mention having the audacity to play him!

At times you wonder what world people still live in hereabouts, going by what standard of player is good enough. As if we are bound to find the next Alfredos at every other corner with no-one else sniffing about.
He is a far, far better and more skilled player than many people here give him credit for.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back. He is also pretty versatile.

Latest posts

Back