Tackle on Harvey Elliot

Pol1_

Looked a sore one that lad took, hope he comes back from it.

One of the tackles sky won't replay back

I watched it once only in real time.
The tackle did not look that bad, however I didn't rewind to watch again.

I rewinded it on my TV its horrendous

I wound it back too but couldn't quite make out what happened.

I really don't want to have another look, was his shin and foot pointing in an unnatural position out the way?

Wasnt a bad dirty challenge but got their legs tangled and the guy elliot's ankle pointing in a different angle than it should. Horrible looking injury.

The seriousness of it was pretty obvious when Salah decided to ignore the match to scream at the medical team to get on

I've not seen it back but if you snap someone's leg in a tackle then it should be a red card.

I know it sounds strange but if its a clean break then it's much better than ligament damage when it comes to rehab.

If it's a clean break then I wouldn't be surprised to see the lad back playing in January/February.

Rewound it a couple of times. Looks like both tib and fib have been broken. Horrendous injury. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. I do think it was a complete accident though and the Leeds boy looked devastated by it. Noalice at all in the tackle

I always think that there is maybe a weakness in the break area before it’s happened. Some totally innocuous challenges end up with horrible breaks.
I broke my foot in March and the pain was horrendous when it happened but I felt literally no pain afterwards or during the healing process.

As far as I'm concerned, and I don't want to see challenge again, any over physical challenge that leads to horrific injuries like this boy has just suffered should be red cards.
It wasn't overly physical. It was bad luck and a horrendous injury.

Not a red card.

I've not seen it back but if you snap someone's leg in a tackle then it should be a red card.

I know it sounds strange but if its a clean break then it's much better than ligament damage when it comes to rehab.

If it's a clean break then I wouldn't be surprised to see the lad back playing in January/February.
Disagree. A players leg can get caught in the ground causing the break, doesn’t have to be a bad tackle.

Unfortunate incident in this case I think. Horrible to see him trying to get back up too!!

Disagree. A players leg can get caught in the ground causing the break, doesn’t have to be a bad tackle.

Unfortunate incident in this case I think. Horrible to see him trying to get back up too!!

I've now seen it on twitter and it's 100% a red card.

No intent and it is unfortunate for both players but diving into slide tackles at full pace from behind like that is reckless and dangerous.

So you judged from your pov

Yeah I don’t get that train of thought personally. If it’s an unfortunate tangle of legs and he hasn’t made a dangerous tackle and hasn’t been “out of control” then why should he be sent off?

You’ll see plenty worse tackles resulting in no injury at all and you’ll certainly see far worse tackles go unpunished too. You can make a pretty harmless tackle and even just the unfortunate way an opponent lands could lead to a serious injury. Sometimes it’s just bad luck.

As far as I'm concerned, and I don't want to see challenge again, any over physical challenge that leads to horrific injuries like this boy has just suffered should be red cards.
Was it overly physical? You can’t punish people for subsequent injuries. People get injured in innocuous incidents all the time.

Wish the lad a speed recovery, horrible unfortunate injury, I dont think it's a red after watching it a few times, if that's a red then cooper should have been off as well.

Was it overly physical? You can’t punish people for subsequent injuries. People get injured in innocuous incidents all the time.
IMO, yes it was overly physical. HE's studs didn't catch on the turf and the physical actions of the Leads player led to the injury.

Back