Tactics on Sunday

Close them down all over the park,press them “high “,up the park “maintain a high tempo “game,midfield battle so important against rogic and the mpa fella,broonaldo?come on when are we going to learn?take our chances,play for our pride,tight at the back, 11 Rangers players with “attitude”and a point to prove to the club,themselves,and the fans"

Yip, the problem is our defence is too weak to pull it off so when they inevitably break they will score against us.

We'll still get beat, but let's make it as uncomfortable as possible for them and not the canter we gave them 8 days ago. If we can press them high they will make mistakes, their defence is also poor so we can score against them if we pull it off.
Exactly mate, they will break rapidly on our defence, is anyone on here really thinking that would go well?
You need fast, steady central defenders to carry out a high press, not something our guys could bring.
It’s a conundrum, definitely the way to play them.

Let's hope it's not cowering on the pitch like cowards like last time get at them from the off and harass and harry them everytime they have the ball.

100 percent has to be high pressure tactics. Get right in their faces. We've seen what a bomb scare Boyata is, and we scored from pressing him and causing him to brick it. They are really poor at the back.

Same the Brown. He's nowhere near as good as people think. Press him and he can't distribute the ball effectively, and he's what makes them tick.
Yes we must hunt in packs, like we did against Hearts at times, ok no comparison to the mongos, but all the more reason to apply this approach on Sun, difficult as it may be to sustain.

The only chance we have is to go for their throat. We tried that at Ibrox and but for the miss of the season we would have had a deserved 3-3 draw. We tried to sit in at Hampden and got utterly embarrassed.

100 percent has to be high pressure tactics. Get right in their faces. We've seen what a bomb scare Boyata is, and we scored from pressing him and causing him to brick it. They are really poor at the back.

Same the Brown. He's nowhere near as good as people think. Press him and he can't distribute the ball effectively, and he's what makes them tick.

Agree completely.

If we go down, we go down swinging, not with an apologetic whimper like that fucking embarrassment of a display at Hampden.

Yes we must hunt in packs, like we did against Hearts at times, ok no comparison to the mongos, but all the more reason to apply this approach on Sun, difficult as it may be to sustain.

This is actually why I am in favour of Holt starting the game (for the first time in ages). He hasn't got much quality, but he can't half run for a full 90 minutes. Guy has a great engine and I think that may be required to force them into mistakes

Agree completely.

If we go down, we go down swinging, not with an apologetic whimper like that fucking embarrassment of a display at Hampden.

That's the other side of it for sure. It's always a sore one when we lose to them, but if we lose and can see effort and that the players run themselves into the ground, its less sore than losing with that weak and spineless performance the other day

If a team has no heart or desire to win or at least challenge this mhob tactics mean feck all.Just fight for every ball,hit them hard and stop that wee ugly scummy rhatfaced mhutant strutting about in midfield doing as he pleases and we might have a chance.

This is actually why I am in favour of Holt starting the game (for the first time in ages). He hasn't got much quality, but he can't half run for a full 90 minutes. Guy has a great engine and I think that may be required to force them into mistakes
Exactly remember that great sliding tackle on Mongo or whoever it was to win the ball and he nearly scored with a curler in the Clint Hill game last year?

Don't know about tactics but all our players must engage the enemy all over the park. Apart from everyone appearing to bottle it in the semi, Murty has done well in his 3 league games v Them, a couple of draws at the Tattydome so there is a glimmer of hope, though I predict a routine 2-0 win for the Munchers.

Alnwick

Cardoso McCrorie Martin

Tavernier Holt Docherty Dorrans John

Murphy

Cummings​

I'd switch to a more 3-5-2 shape or 3-5-1-1 and try to pack out the midfield (means sacrificing Candeias which is harsh but may have to be done)

Defense is utterly tragic (I'd rather play McCrorie in midfield but we seem to be down to the bare bones at the back) so we need to attack as keeping a clean sheet ain't gonna happen.

Holt and Cummings played their way in against Hearts imo, just need everyone to get into their faces from first minute till last.

What's happening with Bates,is he back training,he can't be that bad if he's flying over to Germany,odd.

What I would like to know, Murty said pre Dundee Presser he was close, but then Hamburg deal was announced against Rangers wishes and left a bit of bad blood. On twitter when Bates announced the move, he said he was getting fit to help us finish as high as we can. If he is fit he must play.

Brown is their playmaker, he's the guy who moves the ball around and dictates their tempo. In total honesty he's good at it.
However, the Sheep in last season's SCF, Jambos, HiV's & us at the piggery all showed what happens when hes not given time, he goes backwards to Boyata & Ajer to start again, he drops into the back line and if no one goes with him he jogs into a better position.

Without his direction they go long, which means you put a man behind and in front of Dembele & it's better than an even chance to win the ball back. Rocket science it's not. They are an ordinary team who need time and space to play, deny them that and they crumble.

Alnwick
Cardoso McCrorie Martin
Tavernier Holt Docherty Dorrans John
Murphy
Cummings​

I'd switch to a more 3-5-2 shape or 3-5-1-1 and try to pack out the midfield (means sacrificing Candeias which is harsh but may have to be done)
Defense is utterly tragic (I'd rather play McCrorie in midfield but we seem to be down to the bare bones at the back) so we need to attack as keeping a clean sheet ain't gonna happen.

Holt and Cummings played their way in against Hearts imo, just need everyone to get into their faces from first minute till last.

I don't think Murty has the balls to drop Candeias.

I do agree with some on here suggesting we just stick Holt on Brown and make his life a misery.

I don't think Murty has the balls to drop Candeias.

I do agree with some on here suggesting we just stick Holt on Brown and make his life a misery.

Could we not keep Candeias on and move Tav into the middle and let him make Browns life a misery rather than Holt ? Physically a better match up. I know it wouldn't happen but I'd rather see that than see Brown put Holt flat on his arse as he is too weak for that job. Give it to Docherty if anyone.

Team I'd play with players I believe to be fit.

Alnwick

Cardoso Martin Mccrorie

Candeias Tav Docherty Dorrans Murphy

Morelos Cummings

Obviously this isn't going to be the case but I would put Tav on top of Brown rather than Holt & I don't believe we should drop DC, Fredo despite being unable to score gives their defence a horrid time and you can then have Cummings running off the shoulder chasing Boyatas inevitable shady passes under pressure from Fredo.

High Pressing game push them backwards and get in their faces, Don't give them any space or time on the ball.​

Could we not keep Candeias on and move Tav into the middle and let him make Browns life a misery rather than Holt ? Physically a better match up. I know it wouldn't happen but I'd rather see that than see Brown put Holt flat on his arse as he is too weak for that job. Give it to Docherty if anyone.
I like the idea of Tav, though as you said, it'll never happen. I'd go with Holt, due to his high work rate and limited impact in a creative role. Docherty can add more in other areas. Holt would just be a pain in Brown's ass.

Honestly i've no idea how we go about this, I dont see our defence line being good enough to stop them. Do we play 2 DM's? Think we need to! Do we have 2 DM's if McCrorie is at CB?

%^*& it get Cardoso back and stick Ross in a DM!

Bugger tactics, just get stuck into them. If we fall behind get stuck right into them. Especially that fat baldy jobby broon

Brown is their playmaker, he's the guy who moves the ball around and dictates their tempo. In total honesty he's good at it.
However, the Sheep in last season's SCF, Jambos, HiV's & us at the piggery all showed what happens when hes not given time, he goes backwards to Boyata & Ajer to start again, he drops into the back line and if no one goes with him he jogs into a better position.
Hope the Rangers manager is reading this because itsi spot on.

Without his direction they go long, which means you put a man behind and in front of Dembele & it's better than an even chance to win the ball back. Rocket science it's not. They are an ordinary team who need time and space to play, deny them that and they crumble.

With Boyata they are vulnerable,but their defence has conceded the least number of goals

With Boyata they are vulnerable,but their defence has conceded the least number of goals

I think with Boyata etc they have a poor defense for sure.

Don't forget though, goals conceded is also dependent on how good full backs are, defensive midfielders are and how good the GK is. Imo their CB area is very weak and I think they know it

Back