Taiwan True Blues

rangerstilidie54321

Hi everyone

I've posted on here before in regards to our small RSC in Taiwan. There aren't many of us, but we meet up in Taipei from all over the island to watch the bigger games together.

If you are in Taiwan, or know anybody in Taiwan that would like to join us, then please get in touch.

Bring on 55!

Cheers,
WATP

I'll have to keep you in mindi have a customer I visit in Hsinchu, covid allowing.
I was there in August and had to do the 2 weeks quarantine. Watched the games in my laptop.

Good on you for watching it, question what time is a game on over there?
There's an 8 hour difference in winter, 7 hours in summer. Not so bad for a Saturday 3pm kick off as it's 10pm or 11pm here. The difficult ones are the midweek games.

Thanks to RTV and the watch As-Live feature I just turn my phone off and watch the game at work the next day without knowing the score.

Not missed a game in years. All thanks to RTV. Would have moved home by now if I didn't have that!

Where do you meet up?

I am in Taiwan at least once a quarter and float between Taoyuan, Taipei (Songshan), and Kaohsiung depending on the workload.

Watched a few games in the American Club and a sports bar but mostly end up in my room with a few beers and some take out depending on the kick off time.

There's an 8 hour difference in winter, 7 hours in summer. Not so bad for a Saturday 3pm kick off as it's 10pm or 11pm here. The difficult ones are the midweek games.

Thanks to RTV and the watch As-Live feature I just turn my phone off and watch the game at work the next day without knowing the score.

Not missed a game in years. All thanks to RTV. Would have moved home by now if I didn't have that!

Brilliant stuff mate. WATP.

Where do you meet up?

I am in Taiwan at least once a quarter and float between Taoyuan, Taipei (Songshan), and Kaohsiung depending on the workload.

Watched a few games in the American Club and a sports bar but mostly end up in my room with a few beers and some take out depending on the kick off time.

I'll send you a PM mate!

I'll send you a PM mate!
Cheers.

Due to the restrictions at this time we can’t get entry to Taiwan, they went from 2 weeks to 3 weeks isolation and now a blanket hold on entry from Canada. We are looking into going via the work permit route but this is a bit of a pain, I was supposed to be in Taiwan last week, so now pushing it to mid March.

Will give you a shout when I know that we can get back out. I am normally over for 2 weeks although I will go over to China for a few days to visit customer sites and support distribution channels.

Hi everyone

I've posted on here before in regards to our small RSC in Taiwan. There aren't many of us, but we meet up in Taipei from all over the island to watch the bigger games together.

If you are in Taiwan, or know anybody in Taiwan that would like to join us, then please get in touch.

Bring on 55!

Cheers,
WATP

When we are finally allowed to travel again, I will be in Taiwan from time to time. Good to know that you guys are there! Will you set up a Facebook page or something?

Slightly O/T

Is the Chengdu Loyal still going?

I was going to visit last summer while on my holidays in China but obviously was unable to go.

I think they meet in The Leg And Whistle pub.

Any info?

Been to Taiwan 4 times and something that struck we was there were no bars, I ended up just drinking in the hotels, why don’t they have pubs or was I just unlucky?

Been to Taiwan 4 times and something that struck we was there were no bars, I ended up just drinking in the hotels, why don’t they have pubs or was I just unlucky?

Some years ago I went travelling around Taiwan for a few weeks and found the same thing, there are not many bars. There are quite a lot in Taipei where most of the westerners live but not that many in the other cities.

A good way of finding them is by searching 'bars near me' in google maps, we ended up in some proper local places but they were good fun. A lot of locals in Taiwan love to go out drinking and playing darts on electric dart boards.

Don't think there is a huge culture of drinking alcohol in Taiwan so even in cities with a big population you would find the bars all empty on week nights, only a bit busy on Friday and Saturday. Even then a lot of locals don't drink in pubs like we have, they will drink beer in restaurants.

Last edited:

When the games were late on a Sunday one of the landlords would leave the tv on inside the boozer at the window and some chairs out in the car park and we'd get some cans in.

Some years ago I went travelling around Taiwan for a few weeks and found the same thing, there are not many bars. There are quite a lot in Taipei where most of the westerners live but not that many in the other cities.

A good way of finding them is by searching 'bars near me' in google maps, we ended up in some proper local places but they were good fun. A lot of locals in Taiwan love to go out drinking and playing darts on electric dart boards.

Don't think there is a huge culture of drinking alcohol in Taiwan so even in cities with a big population you would find the bars all empty on week nights, only a bit busy on Friday and Saturday. Even then a lot of locals don't drink in pubs like we have, they will drink beer in restaurants.
The drinking is mainly done in karaoke bars and where they have the talking girls. Not pubs. They don't drink like we do though, it's mainly cups of beer with ice.

Slightly O/T

Is the Chengdu Loyal still going?

I was going to visit last summer while on my holidays in China but obviously was unable to go.

I think they meet in The Leg And Whistle pub.

Any info?
Alright mate,

Chengdu Loyal going strong. Got about 10 of us meeting up for games. If you're ever in town drop me a line.

格拉斯哥流浪者雄起!

Alright mate,

Chengdu Loyal going strong. Got about 10 of us meeting up for games. If you're ever in town drop me a line.

格拉斯哥流浪者雄起!
Great to know. I visit China at least once a year (pandemic permitting). Chengdu is a favourite city. Hanzhong is usually my base and is only a short bullet train ride to Chengdu.
Hopefully see you next season.

Oh thank god.

Was worried for some creepy unsettling video like the Thai tims, but thankfully its just another global supports club showing just how far rangers fan base reaches!

Brilliant. Pre-Covid, I was in Hsinchu once a quarter. Would visit an ex-Pat football bar in Taipei, tv at every seat. Think it was the ManU supporters bar, also. Look forward to seeing Bears next visit. Hopefully soon.

Back