Taking our chances.

bilkobear

I am not complaining about today's performance.
Far from it, I thought the team were very good, the football was at times competent, confident and delivered with aplomb.
In this, the side produced some great moments and made a heap of chances.
We took three of them and they were all efforts gained from graft and skill and the odd moment of magic.

However, we made a heap of other chances which we spurned and we created great moments to score which we fluffed.
If we have put six past this lot today it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection of the play.

If Stevie is looking to pat the players on the back then he also should kick them up the arse for missing these chances.
Goal difference at the end of the season is always important and ....well you never know. :cool:

Last edited:
I’ve said the same numerous times mate that the points we have dropped this season more often than not we have been the far better team and created so many chances and the finishing has been abysmal that we could be top of the league just now

I’ve said the same numerous times mate that the points we have dropped this season more often than not we have been the far better team and created so many chances and the finishing has been abysmal that we could be top of the league just now
There is a reason.
It has to be that not enough goals are spread around the side.
Alfie scores, Jermaine scores, Scotty scores and Tav scores, who else is contributing on a regular basis?

We don't score many from the centre back position, but for me, Katic is an eight or nine goal a season player if he is given the games.
Midfield needs a regular contributor, someone who shoots from outside the box.

I am not complaining about today's performance.
Far from it, I thought the team were very good, the football was at times competent, confident and delivered with aplomb.
In this, the side produced some great moments and made a heap of chances.
We took three of them and they were all efforts gained from graft and skill and the odd moment of magic.

However, we made a heap of other chances which we spurned and we created great moments to score which we fluffed.
If we have put six past this lot today it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection of the play.

If Stevie is looking in pat the players on the back, and then kick them up the arse for missing these chances.
Goal difference at the end of the season is always important and ....well you never know. :cool:
Totally agree with you . What I would say is we’re definitely on track and 3-1 away to hearts and your right could have been 6 is very pleasing.
We are improving in results and the players look stronger mentally.

There is a reason.
It has to be that not enough goals are spread around the side.
Alfie scores, Jermaine scores, Scotty scores and Tav scores, who else is contributing on a regular basis?

We don't score many from the centre back position, but for me, Katic is an eight or nine goal a season player if he is given the games.
Midfield needs a regular contributor, someone who shoots from outside the box.
Exactly mate, take today for example Candeias had 2 shots in front of goal in the 1st 15 minutes and put them wide by about 10 odd yards ... he is an attacking player it’s been our downfall all season and has cost us a lot of points

Back