Taking over beach end 74-75 season

Mind might be playing tricks but seem to remember we arrived early at pittodrie & took over the beach end 74-75 season .Young mutton molesters charged us & got raced . They ran down & ended up on the pitch just as Maclean was crossing for dj to score at the opposite end . Think we watched game on sportscene on way home . Any older bears help me out

Mind might be playing tricks but seem to remember we arrived early at pittodrie & took over the beach end 74-75 season .Young mutton molesters charged us & got raced . They ran down & ended up on the pitch just as Maclean was crossing for dj to score at the opposite end . Think we watched game on sportscene on way home . Any older bears help me out
Was the beach end not ours at that time? I remember the assistant manager of tennents in byres road telling me when us and the rhabids started singing in there the noise he said was incredible. He reckoned it was due to the vaulted roof. As for your question i have no idea, only ten at the time:)

Seem to remember the Bears got the Beach end, then the opposite end was the away end for a while ?
74/75 might have been before segregated ends though, thus the Sheep mixing in with the Bears ?

I can't remember the 74-75 game which is a pity as victories at Pittodrie were and are always more than acceptable. We used to drink in the Pittodrie Bar up to the league winning day in 85-86 so the memory was always a bit of a blur on a long day out. We were definitely in the Beach End for the second last game of the 72-73 season when we drew 2-2. I remember being in the opposite end (The Paddock) on a number of occasions and a 3-3 draw on a Wednesday also sticks in the memory. So I am sorry that I can't give a definitive answer to the OP.

I always liked the story (I have no idea if it is true but hope that it is) that during Bill Struth's days, he used to get the team to walk from the station in Aberdeen up to Pittodrie wearing their crombies and bowler hats. Maybe an idea for Pedro to consider!!

I remeber bricks and bottles being hurtled back-and-forth when the Beach End was shared. Not sure when that (mental) arrangement ended.

I was at the cup game that season and they had the whole of the Beach end and we had the opposite end and half the South terracing before it was seated and half the main stand.

I remeber bricks and bottles being hurtled back-and-forth when the Beach End was shared. Not sure when that (mental) arrangement ended.
The Beach end was shared in the early 70's though they had the entire end by the mid 70's and then that was where we were mainly housed sometime around the early 80's.

Gers fans chased at least 20-30 dons fans down beach end slope . My recollection is they vaulted the bottom seats / wall straight on to the pitch & ran up the right hand side but alcohol & dementia might be involved .

Remember being back in the Beach End at the end of a particularly successful season and The Rangers support were in full "Let's all do the Anton" mode. At this time of night, the specific season is not springing to mind but might have been one of Super Alfonso's Golden Boot years.

Back