Taking the car to the piggery on the 29th

SOB-WATP

Official Ticketer
I'm assuming there's no issues with parking the car besides the busses on Sunday?

I travelled by bus last year and seem to remember a handful of cars being parked up beside them.

Biggest worry - is there a police presence beside the busses/ cars before & during the game.. wouldnt put it past the scum to have a go at a few motors if left unattended.

I'm assuming there's no issues with parking the car besides the busses on Sunday?

I travelled by bus last year and seem to remember a handful of cars being parked up beside them.

Biggest worry - is there a police presence beside the busses/ cars before & during the game.. wouldnt put it past the scum to have a go at a few motors if left unattended.
Take an extra set of wheels. :D

I've parked my car there the last couple of times. I'll be doing it again on Sunday. I've had no issue.

Bump

Any word from the SLO on the parking arrangements?

Have we to be there for 10.30?

I eventually got to park next to buses last year.

When I first arrived, biker cop said they had instructions space was buses only. When I explained they wouldn't need same area for buses carrying 800 fans as they would for buses bringing 8000 they had a wee confab and let us in.

Worked no problem, when I got back after game there was plenty of cars, dozen buses and still free space.

I eventually got to park next to buses last year.

When I first arrived, biker cop said they had instructions space was buses only. When I explained they wouldn't need same area for buses carrying 800 fans as they would for buses bringing 8000 they had a wee confab and let us in.

Worked no problem, when I got back after game there was plenty of cars, dozen buses and still free space.

Yeah I remember there being an issue the first game there last season.

Would rather not park amongst that lot if possible.

Do you mean in the bus car park area?
I’d say this would be a poor idea as they’re unlikely to be attended and as you say, potentially at risk.

Happy to be corrected if things have changed significantly but I’d suggest parking outside a house or close in the Troon St/Lily St bit next to the bus park would be better?

Was thinking of doing the same but with union flag ref plates on my car and van feck that....

Back