Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why fans boo?

Haven't paid any attention as we've not been in the staduim for so long.
At the Madrid game in particular there were alot of pissed up fans getting a bit overly ‘shouty’for a friendly.

The way I perceived it was a reaction to Madrid choosing to stand as we took the knee. The nuances of ‘taking the knee’ will be lost on alot of people and the booing was knee jerk to what people perceived as Madrid going against the grain.

Like I say, my perception which no doubt people will argue is wrong. But thats how I took it at the match.

At the Madrid game in particular there were alot of pissed up fans getting a bit overly ‘shouty’for a friendly.

The way I perceived it was a reaction to Madrid choosing to stand as we took the knee. The nuances of ‘taking the knee’ will be lost on alot of people and the booing was knee jerk to what people perceived as Madrid going against the grain.

Like I say, my perception which no doubt people will argue is wrong. But thats how I took it at the match.
There was booing against Arsenal and Brighton as well when both took the knee unfortunately.

The club and fans need to discuss this because it’s going to be embarrassing.

There is no movement ffs. The Rangers players taking the knee aren't slipping secret hammer & sickle pins into the turf. BLM or any other organisation doesn't get cash wired to their account every time someone does it. The players just see it as a way to raise awareness for an issue they care about, no more or less.

I personally think it lost effectiveness ages ago and would rather we moved onto exploring other ways to tackle the issue. But I'm also not an idiot that thinks booing Rangers players and their choices is the right way to voice that.

Its going to be deleted as nothing good comes from it.

Uneducated morons are just that, and they won’t change for anyone.

Ban them from Ibrox. There are plenty waiting for a ST who will support our club.
Why ban them?
There worse thing you could be that nobody has called for a ban for.

Why did Clubs stop taking it, us included, then start again?

I didnt hear anyone booing when it was Show Racism the red card boards.

Are folk booing because of the politics behind the BLM ? Or the fact it now is a token gesture that isn’t really addressing racism?

So you are ok with booing our own BAME players for doing what they believe is needed?

Sorry where did I say it was ok to boo our players?

The taking the knee movement has done its purpose and got world attention. Its moved on now imo and we should look at other ways to stamp it out.

Kneeling before a game for 3 seconds no longer has the effect it once had. Move it along to more productive measures.

Last edited:
Is there a resource where people can be directed to so that they can get the individual players’ take(s) on why they will be doing this for every match here on in? Said on the previous thread that the club could give the players concerned more access to RTV, match-day program etc to give 5hem a grater platform.

If so, it would be great if ir could be publicised / signposted so that fans
( of whatever club ) can access it to try to understand why they get knee before every home game.

I honestly believe that some supporters - who aren’t racist - maybe feel like they are being lectured for something ( which is, in the main, a criminal act btw ) when they themselves aren’t racist and just want to attend a football match. Because outwith the realms of Rangers you can’t do much without getting labelled fascíst, misogynist, bigot, nazí, sectarian, global warming deniers etc. from SKY, Beeb, YouTube snd so on.

A Kamara chant to drown the boos out? For me that’s a great idea.

Last edited:
Won’t be booing but I certainly won’t be applauding it.
First sensible post mate,everyone is entitled to their opinion,I'm on team Gardenhall bear,certainly don't believe in booing our players it's their choice,and I'm certainly against racism,I've had enough aimed at me over the years,just don't like the woke sinister left of BLM,That's my opinion though,suggesting people lose their ST over it,is nonsense we still have fans who vote Scots natzis,Sadly that's THEIR democratic right!Surely a post on the club website by the club,to respect the players stance would make most bears stay silent even if they don't agree!

I think these threads have merit if it is a general 'stop booing' message. I don't like the knee but don't find booing players before a match to be productive.

If people say 'No' you should be adult enough to move on without pishing your pants.

It's promoting swathes of ideological/political opinions that these threads don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back