Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a chance that we’ll play Slavia Prague in the next round.

imagine what Kamara will think if we boo him kneeling in front of Kudela.

just think about it for a moment. That’s how insane the whole notion of booing is.
Would be interested to hear from those who've been defending the right to boo how they'd feel about this scenario.

Of course it matters - legally it's racist.

That's been confirmed by the courts. It's not a question of conflating racism and sectarianism; the word has been determined to be both sectarian and to be anti-irish racism.

"Racism" in law isn't defined in the limited way some people like to think, I'm afraid. That's the case per the Equality Act so far as civil discrimination is concerned, and in the Criminal Law so far as charges or aggravations to charges are concerned. The F word falls foul of all of these provisions.

UEFA have adopted a similar approach.

The law doesn't make sense.

For someone Scottish to get prosecuted for 'racism' against an Irish person wouldn't they legally have to prove Scottish and Irish people are distinct races? Which they cannot because they are not.

Most people in Scotland have Irish ancestry which can be proved through a simple 23&Me DNA test, if someone scottish was getting prosecuted for saying the f word to a celtic fan cold they just show a DNA proving Irish ancestry and the prosecution would be dropped?

The legal system seems to have adopted the position that people can't be prosecuted for being racist against their own race. White people who say anti-white things don't get prosecuted for it, so it doesn't make sense for scottish people with Irish ancestry to get prosecuted for anti-Irish racism as they would be getting prosecuted for racism against their own race.

Last edited:

just think about it for a moment. That’s how insane the whole notion of booing is.
Unfortunately I suspect being anti- racist is a flexible stance. I'd bet everyone would suddenly be mega supportive of the knee against Slavia as there is a focus of hatred against 'the racist'. (With 'ironic' anti Czech chanting) We could perhaps publically ' sacrifice' Kudela to purge ourselves - 'racism' magically disappears with his ashes as we've dealt with it and we all live happily ever after in peace and harmony.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who says the f word is racist, but it is not racist.

The f word does not refer to a specific race of people. It is sectarian but not racist.

People who don't understand the difference between sectarianism and racism incorrectly conflate the two.

But it does matter. It’s the reason we had part of the ground closed and have expulsion hanging over our heads.

Try explaining that to Gerrard and the players.

It’s also about perception. The same thing tomorrow - one can claim it’s about booing a specific gesture but to the wider audience, you’re booing a player making an anti-racism statement.

I’m not sure if it’s naivety, ignorance or deliberate sabotage, but there is an element of the support content to damage the Club.

Why the %^*& are we taking the knee.

That is soo last season.
Because the players feel it gives them strength and unity against racism. Maybe those who want to boo should forget their own political agendas and trust our players. In booing some think they are defending the world against Marxism. They are the equivalent of the Tims who think they are defending the world against facism.

EMroYEO.jpg

So, in what way is their short, dignified, peaceful protest against racism "a load of bollocks"? Looking forward to this.
I've already told you. It lost its impact over a year ago hence the reason clubs all over the world have stopped doing it.

Anyone who boos the players taking the knee is in the same bucket as those who boo the minutes silence.

Simple as that. Don’t care what colours you wear, a cretinous ignorant scumbag is a cretinous ignorant scumbag.
This is exactly my view on it. I do think that taking the knee has lost all meaning and I don’t quite understand why the players have went from standing against it after the Kamara incident to reverting back to the knee but no one should be booing.

Anyone booing our own players just proves further that there are sections of our support who care more about their bigoted views than they do about our Club, its name or our players. Them taking the knee is harming you in no way, booing is harmful in many ways. It’s that simple but then again so are some of the ‘fans’ who follow Rangers.

When this continues tomorrow, our club need to put a stop to it, this will only snowball into our players feeling betrayed by the minority of brain dead people doing it and could potentially effect players who want to play for Rangers and the morale as a group, never mind our manager having to address the situation.

It really is sad that some moronic people cannot keep their traps shut for 10 seconds the same idiots booing this IMO are no better than those booing any minutes silence of the dead, their is no need for it.

And I am someone who wishes it was binned this nonsense is causing more divide than unity.

What’s the problem with standing in silence?
Absolutely nothing. It’s exactly what I hope our supporters should do when our players choose to take the knee.

Sadly, we all know a few absolute throbbers in our support won’t do that and will embarrass themselves and the club in the process, live on Sky

I've not seen a single poster on this thread say they are planning to boo.
There was one earlier in the thread but that’s not the point. Fans booed on Saturday and Sunday and will do so again. They are the issue.

I’d also argue that anyone they thinks they it’s their right to do so, is also part of the problem. We need to unequivocally support our players on this. No ifs, buts or maybes.

As others have said, we have a press and a political establishment that are positively salivating at the prospect of any dissent from the stand. The damage this will do to Rangers will be huge.

When this continues tomorrow, our club need to put a stop to it, this will only snowball into our players feeling betrayed by the minority of brain dead people doing it and could potentially effect players who want to play for Rangers and the morale as a group, never mind our manager having to address the situation.

It really is sad that some moronic people cannot keep their traps shut for 10 seconds the same idiots booing this IMO are no better than those booing any minutes silence of the dead, their is no need for it.

And I am someone who wishes it was binned this nonsense is causing more divide than unity.

This is the bigger picture no matter what anyone thinks about any of this, nothing achieved by booing but harming the club simple as that.

Put Rangers first, shouldnt be too hard.

You have been a member here since 2017 and not once posted bar on this thread even when we won the league, quite unusual.

The law doesn't make sense.

For someone Scottish to get prosecuted for 'racism' against an Irish person wouldn't they legally have to prove Scottish and Irish people are distinct races? Which they cannot because they are not.

Most people in Scotland have Irish ancestry which can be proved through a simple 23&Me DNA test, if someone scottish was getting prosecuted for saying the f word to a celtic fan cold they just show a DNA proving Irish ancestry and the prosecution would be dropped?

The legal system seems to have adopted the position that people can't be prosecuted for being racist against their own race. White people who say anti-white things don't get prosecuted for it, so it doesn't make sense for scottish people with Irish ancestry to get prosecuted for anti-Irish racism as they would be getting prosecuted for racism against their own race.

I don't want to take the thread further off track, but this isn't correct. As I say legally racism isn't limited in the sort of genetic way you are suggesting.

It relates to an act directed against a person due to their actual or presumed racial group. A racial group means a group of people defined by their race, colour, ethnic or national origins, and/or nationality (including citizenship.)

A white person can be (and has been) charged and convicted of racism against another white person.

My comment is just in general, regardless of any team.

I'm not a fan of it,never have been.But if teams insist on doing it can they ask their black players to stop doing the black power salute?
Iv saw Rashford do this .That salute is not about equality,it's about Black power .If any of the white lads next to him understand the salute,I wonder what they make if it?

Booing your own players before the match has started because you’ve decided your interpretation of their protest is fact should be a bannable offence as far as attending Ibrox goes.
A few posts on here that make NK look liberal.

I'd be careful,Nippy will have that in her manifesto

You have been a member here since 2017 and not once posted bar on this thread even when we won the league, quite unusual.
I’ve been on FF since the days of the old, old board. Plenty of folk on here know me personally.

I stopped posting a while back when the new board started and I lost access to the lounge - kinda couldn’t be arsed getting the post count back up.

can I ask, is there anything about my posts that are even remotely suspicious?

edit: the reason I’ve have stated posting here is I think this could be a worrying watershed for the club if we don’t get our act together.

also, if you doubt I’m a Rangers fan, I’m in the photo in my profile pic.

A few posts on here that make NK look liberal.

I'd be careful,Nippy will have that in her manifesto
Sorry for thinking Rangers should ban people that are happy to spit in the face of Rangers players.

Plenty of people on the waiting list that are more deserving of their seat because they will actually support the team.

My comment is just in general, regardless of any team.

I'm not a fan of it,never have been.But if teams insist on doing it can they ask their black players to stop doing the black power salute?
Iv saw Rashford do this .That salute is not about equality,it's about Black power .If any of the white lads next to him understand the salute,I wonder what they make if it?
You want teams to ask players to stop protesting in a certain way?

"I know you and many of your colleagues are racially abused almost daily, but can you stop doing the, you know, fist thing? Some people aren't too happy with you showing solidarity with other oppressed people. Thanks. BTW, good session in the gym earlier, keep up the good work"

No idea. But kneeling doon for 5 seconds before a game of fitba aint going to end racism.
Do you genuinely think the players believe they are going to end racism? Unless you're arguing that there's pretty much no point in anybody protesting anything ever, it's a pointless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back