Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather i agree with it or not, i won't be booing any Rangers player. I also think politics should be kept out of sport, and how long does this need to go on for?
What's it got to do with politics? Tav has just explained yet again it's nothing to do with politics and we still have this nonsense being spouted.

They are not different things and it is free advertising. BLM don't give a toss about black lives. That's been proven time and again. Kneeling only pays homage to these rats. I am totally against the knee for too many reasons to write here. I think Rangers do more with their own welcoming message than the knee ever will. There is so much more that could be done without a nod to BLM. All that being said I would never boo the players ever, never mind for the gesture of the knee. I firmly believe that politics, left and right, white and black divisive virtue signaling has no place in sports, period. Especially for me at Rangers. Sports and football in particular was always an escape from this garbage. Let's get back to concentrating on football, zero politics and find new innovative ways to deliver a message of inclusiveness and racial issues.
Really need to look at yourself and how others see you. Tav and Goldson have made it crystal clear what they would like us to do to support the team. Not a lot to ask and in no way political.

Football brought racism into the ground we have to support the players. Standing against racism isn’t political.

"Many people have given arguments for and against certain political organisations. Arguments against their actions, and what they purport to stand for. I’ve no interest in all that, neither do my teammates or coaching staff. We will take the knee to stand against racism, nothing more, and nothing less."

From our captain.
If you still boo after reading that and are subsequently called a racist, that's on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back