Talksport 4pm. Durham about to scorch Celtic

He's wrong on that champions thing though. Top 20 countries should qualify for the Champions League with TNS and Red Imps etc having to qualify. Not 4 teams from one league.
I have no problem with teams in UCL who haven't won their league.

Where I DO have a problem is that Celtic (or us next year) as Champions of Scotland have to play the Champion of another country. Whereas, clubs from countries who get additional places play other also rans to qualify. That's just not right.

If you are champions of Iceland, then you have won your league! If you have finished 4th in England - you have won nothing. There's 3 other teams been better than you.

Honestly can’t stand the arrogance of some English football fans though, if we were all dealt a fair deck in comparison to history, fan base etc then the likes of that Man City fan would still be watching his side as a ‘mid table championship club’ instead of a fake plastic oil enhanced franchise.

That said Celtic are carrying a wage bill that is comparable with Ajax and many other clubs that compete at Champions league level, so they can’t really use finance as an excuse.

Saying Celtic are a mid table championship team and saying their fans are delusional/ arrogant just shows off the English media/ punter's own delusion arrogant. Championship is vastly over-rated. Both Rangers and Celtic current squads would be promoted out within 2 years.
Don’t even think 2 mate , tough but so is Europe mid week .

I have no problem with teams in UCL who haven't won their league.

Where I DO have a problem is that Celtic (or us next year) as Champions of Scotland have to play the Champion of another country. Whereas, clubs from countries who get additional places play other also rans to qualify. That's just not right.

If you are champions of Iceland, then you have won your league! If you have finished 4th in England - you have won nothing. There's 3 other teams been better than you.

I’d rather play the champions of Iceland than the 3rd best teams from England, Spain and Italy though.

I’d rather play the champions of Iceland than the 3rd best teams from England, Spain and Italy though.
I think you’re in the minority. You’d rather face whoever the Icelandic champions are than the likes of Spurs, Real Madrid, Inter etc?

Semi-related note, if anyone wants a laugh listen to the celtic record podcast recorded prior to the game (if you can stomach giving them a hit). From 25.00 minutes on they're talking about how much they're going to "hammer" Cluj. Didn't listen to the preceding 25 minutes but it seems to all just be "Rangers are shite none of their squad would make the celtic team."

Look forward to hearing their breakdown of the game in the next one...

https://play.acast.com/s/recordceltic/f5b7c634-d12a-47fc-ad2d-cccc22fe6332

Why would you be interested in the filth being promoted.

What I think would happen with the rancids, is that England, as a country, would have had enough of them within one season of them infesting their country.
This is actually a good point. That lot with their IRA love in would not be treated with anywhere near the level of sympathy they get in the press up here, they would be despised wherever they went.

Semi-related note, if anyone wants a laugh listen to the celtic record podcast recorded prior to the game (if you can stomach giving them a hit). From 25.00 minutes on they're talking about how much they're going to "hammer" Cluj. Didn't listen to the preceding 25 minutes but it seems to all just be "Rangers are shite none of their squad would make the celtic team."

Look forward to hearing their breakdown of the game in the next one...

https://play.acast.com/s/recordceltic/f5b7c634-d12a-47fc-ad2d-cccc22fe6332

Simply astounding arrogance from the mentally challenged c.unts.:))

Apart from the fact he winds them up the guys a f*cking tube.

Some of the stuff he comes out with is utterly embarrassing.

Darren gough is alright,seems pretty level headed in his observations,admitted on air a couple of months ago we were his Scottish team.

Anyone else a bit sick of hearing how amazing Ajax are? Last season was the first time they have been out of the Group Stages since 2006, only been out the Group Stages 3 times this century.

Yet we still have posters wishing we'd adopt "the Ajax Model".

Living down South, all i've heard today from English fans is the usual " Scottish league is garbage" .." Rangers and Celtic wouldn't last down here "..." pub league "...etc etc. I have to listen to this on a daily basis down here, and allways fight my corner, but it really does my head in

I think you’re in the minority. You’d rather face whoever the Icelandic champions are than the likes of Spurs, Real Madrid, Inter etc?

As a means of entering the competition proper? You'd have to be batshit mental to want to take on Inter, Spurs, Real Madrid to qualify.

Obviously I know you don't mean that, but that is what the context if the conversation was previously alluding to.

Back