Talksport Breakfast- Mcoist and Allardyce

See if we could put a sticky somewhere saying that Sam Allardyce can’t take a club job before summer 2019, that would be ideal.

Think I’ll greet if I see his name mentioned again.

he can take a job, it's just palace will be due £2 million if he does

so to say he can't is just wrong,but i don't want him anywhere near Ibrox!

he can take a job, it's just palace will be due £2 million if he does

so to say he can't is just wrong,but i don't want him anywhere near Ibrox!

And Big Sam will absolutely not be paying that, nor will any other clubs outside the English top flight.

It’s a no-go.

See if we could put a sticky somewhere saying that Sam Allardyce can’t take a club job before summer 2019, that would be ideal.

Think I’ll greet if I see his name mentioned again.
Where is this confirmed mate?

JHC - Allardyce wont be coming just because he's a guest on a shitty radio show.

Thank Friar I've a game tonight and can escape this mentalness.

Where is this confirmed mate?

Confirmed when he left I think mate.

His contract at Palace ran out in summer 2019 and he agreed as part of his retirement/release that he wouldn’t take another job until then.

£2-3m compo is what’s been speculated.

It was well reported down here at the time he left palace.
OK cheers. I've looked it up, wasn't aware.

It's just possible Palace may accept less than that, just to get something out of it.

However Gers are probably unlikely to want to pay anything.

I often think, given the money that is pissed away on players, more should be spent on getting the right manager.

Feck Mr McCoist

HE should have built a team of youngsters in Div 3

by now we would have a solid unit of a squad with full experience of league football all over Scotland

Instead he wasted the chance and we are reaping the rewards today

A Legend on the pitch - a Liability off it

Helping himself to a large salary while in the bottom division , his poor signings , tactics and his general laziness and ineptitude condemned us to an extra season in the championship , his "forgetfulness" to vote after assuring the board of his support .

He has a part to play in our current malaise .

Can’t disagree with most of your points mate but X amount of cash spent and transfer windows later, I do think it’s time we dropped the McCoist bashing.

Sure, he’s no angel but he’s nothing to do with the current predicament.

The Crystal Palace chairman seems to like us, maybe we could come to an agreement :cool:

OK cheers. I've looked it up, wasn't aware.

It's just possible Palace may accept less than that, just to get something out of it.

However Gers are probably unlikely to want to pay anything.

I often think, given the money that is pissed away on players, more should be spent on getting the right manager.
To be honest i was thinking the same,i think palace were worried about him doing what pulis did and walking out on them for a job elsewhere(in fact ian dowie also did it a few years back when he left as his family was homesick and took the managers job with charlton not long after!)
Allardyce would be my choice if there was a chance

Keyword in this Allardyce/Palace contractual compensation chat here is “SPECULATED”.

If Allardyce wants to come and Rangers want him then I am sure it will be hashed out. Contracts seem to mean very little in football these days.

Back