Talksport on Lennon

Said it before and will say it again. Celtic can do far worse than Lennon. If they replace him there is more chance of them appointing a Mobray/Barnes/Deila type. Lennon was a 'safe' appointment.

If they keep him they may continue to self destruct. If they get rid and bring in someone else they might get even worse.

Said it before and will say it again. Celtic can do far worse than Lennon. If they replace him there is more chance of them appointing a Mobray/Barnes/Deila type. Lennon was a 'safe' appointment.

If they keep him they may continue to self destruct. If they get rid and bring in someone else they might get even worse.

While I agree, I'm not sure it's possible for them to get any worse than they are currently!

Wee specky English man was an Ulsterman ! Left when TS sold out to owners of the Sun , as he is a Liverpool supporter and Sun is hated by thier fans. Colin Murray .
The 10am show was brilliant when he was on it white is awful always backtracks when challenged. I like Simon Jordon though he's not scared to get to the point or upset people his argument with Mino Raiola yesterday was quite funny also admitted he has a soft spot for us

Last edited:
Let’s not kid ourselves Celtic were well on top in the game last night.
They have some very good players who have a winning mentality.
Their goal was a cracker from a very dangerous striker.

However they have a very poor defence and clearly don’t know the best way to fix it. Last night’s major changes had no effect and to add to their woes Brown seems to really have imploded. Bringing back Foster at Christmas would help their team greatly.

The Lennon factor is hard to gauge. Any manager under the pressure that has built around him can become a drag on the team. I would rather he was there than he was not as I think overall in the current circumstances he is having a negative influence.

Going out of Europe in the longer term will help them this season.

I do worry when I read post after post as if they are hopeless, as they are capable with a few changes of keeping pace with us.

Yes, get #bringbackbarnes trending, maybe a Liverpool legend can best another Liverpool legend and Celtic can prove Barnes' claims to be racist false.

However they have a very poor defence and clearly don’t know the best way to fix it. Last night’s major changes had no effect and to add to their woes Brown seems to really have imploded. Bringing back Foster at Christmas would help their team greatly.

The Lennon factor is hard to gauge. Any manager under the pressure that has built around him can become a drag on the team. I would rather he was there than he was not as I think overall in the current circumstances he is having a negative influence.

I do worry when I read post after post as if they are hopeless, as they are capable with a few changes of keeping pace with us.
You sound like Neil Lennon in the first part of your post. Sparta hammered them in the first half and should have went in 3 or 4-1 up.

As regards their players, yes they have some good players but some of their players who the media have fawned over for the last few years are now being shown up as average as they now have a challenge.

The two legs against Sparta were an embarrassment.

They have won 2 games in 9.

they have 1 point and are out of their second European competition before the end of November.

they have an under pressure manager who the fans have turned against working with coaches he never even got to pick.

their team is over paid and over hyped.

If we keep our foot on the gas and worry about ourselves and “the next game” only, then it looks like the pressure of a severely tainted “ten” is going to choke them to death.

You sound like Neil Lennon in the first part of your post. Sparta hammered them in the first half and should have went in 3 or 4-1 up.

As regards their players, yes they have some good players but some of their players who the media have fawned over for the last few years are now being shown up as average as they now have a challenge.

The two legs against Sparta were an embarrassment.
I don’t sound like anything other than a football fan.
Watch the game if you want to comment and it would be hard to come to any other view unless you are so blinded to want a certain narrative.
My post was more about their flaws and their ability.

Now that's the kind of positive attitude I like!

What was the score with Forster? Did he sign a new contact at Southampton? Is he just sat on the bench there and didnt fancy it at Peado FC?

In what way does being humiliated in Europe “help them this season”?

It’s an odd narrative when failure is a good thing.

Watch the game if you want to comment and it would be hard to come to any other view unless you are so blinded to want a certain narrative.
I did watch the game. They scored a good goal as you pointed out but the majority of the first half they got battered. Sparta hit the post and missed a few other chances.

They had a decent spell in the second half with Eduoard missing a sitter and that’s about it.

There’s players in their team who have lived off beaten dross in Scotland but fail miserably when stepping up against better teams. The biggest culprits are Christie and McGregor.

Don't worry mate, just live in the moment and enjoy it. Ride the wave of ridicule the way they have for 8 years. Yes they could get better they equally could lose their manager and 2 best players in Edouard and Christie. Forster won't be allowed to leave, Southampton sent Gunn on loan and there's ZERO hope a team with Euro ambitions run with 1 senior GK

If he lasts to Christmas I would be more than fine with that, hopefully more points dropped before we play them,the game at Ibrox is not even anywhere my thoughts where as it’s the only thing consuming them only thing is they need to win their games beforehand.

What was the score with Forster? Did he sign a new contact at Southampton? Is he just sat on the bench there and didnt fancy it at Peado FC?
Wanted a permanent move, reported 90k per week (%^*&!) £5m fee scared pig eyed Pete off.southampton happy to sell, remember manager saying as such and it was Forster who didn't want a loan again. No takers, so punted Gunn on loan, now 2nd pick

It would be Brendan Rodgers stalker Jack Ross, so the players would probably respond to his poofy tribute act and polo necks.

Sorry to take space up Admin.
For what its worth Commons says ceptic must stick with Lennon at all costs.
As usual he was talking crap say septic have the best training facilities in the country.
Jim White is still a sooker of the ass!
They don,t even own their training facilities

Are you Stephen Craigan?

Im mates with a rabid mentally challenged bastard but we make a point of never speaking about anything football related as he is a proper froth at the mouth moon howler.

This morning however he broke ranks and went off on one over WhatsApp about how atrocious TLB is - and apparently the rumours of strachan coming back are not without foundation

would he be able to sort them out? could go either way but I desperately want TLB to be given more time. they have 5 home games out of 6 coming up in the league, can see him taking maximum points from them and limping through til we play them at new year - at which point we need to fuckin maul them.

must keep winning. and they must keep TLB!

see the thing is, I think they would improve simply because he'd be out of the equation and players who obviously don't like him would start playing again. I still think they are a poor team but a better manager would get something out of that team unfortunately

I reckon he's got one league life left, if he makes a mess of it, it's over or he'll be allowed to get to the final V Hearts (if he's winning the league games) and if he loses that, he's done

I watched the game and to say that the filth were ‘well on top’ last night is a blatant misrepresentation of the overall game. They started well and scored a decent goal precipitated mostly by slip shod defending...Thereafter they hardly crafted an opportunity whilst Sparta really could and should have been out of sight at half time.

As with the first half the filth had a good ten minutes at the beginning of the second before the inevitability of them being picked off as they chased the game, kicked in. By the end of the game you’d honestly have thought Sparta were the team with a squad assembled for a kings ransom and a wage bill to boot.

Sparta played to the filths weaknesses pretty much as they had in Glasgow and once they equalised it never looked anything other than a Sparta win...The only question thereafter was by how many!

where I do agree with you is in terms of the danger of them getting it together domestically given the paucity of the rest of the Scottish premiership. Thankfully given our excellent start to the season, even if they keep pace and win their games in hand the destination of the title will be in our hands...No room for complacency!

Last edited:
I want Rangers to win every game and I also want Celtic to lose every game.

I can see the benefits of Lennon remaining in charge but they don't outweigh the benefits of Celtic losing vs St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

Are they going to get another Brendan Rodgers? Nope.

They may well end up with another manager worse than Lennon.

Keep winning Rangers. Keep losing Celtic.

Im mates with a rabid mentally challenged bastard but we make a point of never speaking about anything football related as he is a proper froth at the mouth moon howler.

This morning however he broke ranks and went off on one over WhatsApp about how atrocious TLB is - and apparently the rumours of strachan coming back are not without foundation

would he be able to sort them out? could go either way but I desperately want TLB to be given more time. they have 5 home games out of 6 coming up in the league, can see him taking maximum points from them and limping through til we play them at new year - at which point we need to fuckin maul them.

must keep winning. and they must keep TLB!
Tbh home games mean fek all to alot the club's the now the mhanks included. No tramps to cheer them on. I can see the dropin a couple of points tbh.

Celtic will still end up winning most domestic games under Lennon this season, anyone that thinks that we will stroll to the title is deluded.
We are in great position though and we can only throw it away.

I didn’t watch the game but how can you be on top of the game and still get pumped 4-1.

Good players in the team? I can think of maybe 4.

they’ve had it easy over the past 9 years and been gifted all the titles they won in that period.

We should have won possibly the last 2 league titles if it weren’t for our squad depth.

They’re crumbling at a challenge.

I reckon he's got one league life left, if he makes a mess of it, it's over or he'll be allowed to get to the final V Hearts (if he's winning the league games) and if he loses that, he's done

I agree, regardless of league form, if they lose to Hearts he'll be punted

I agree with all this. Think also , while the current situation is hilarious for us, it can still all change very quickly. Think some of our fans are getting carried away, we have won nothing as yet.
A simple thing like 2 or 3 wins for them could see them get their act together again.
They cannot become shit overnight.

I didn’t watch the game but how can you be on top of the game and still get pumped 4-1.

Good players in the team? I can think of maybe 4.

they’ve had it easy over the past 9 years and been gifted all the titles they won in that period.

We should have won possibly the last 2 league titles if it weren’t for our squad depth.

They’re crumbling at a challenge.
I remember being 3-0 down to Celtic after 40 mins but thinking we were the better team.. we scored and then had another perfectly good goal chopped off before half time.
Things need to go your way at certain moments in a game and everyone then forgets how in the balance a game was.

White is a bottom feeder and when you're swimming in a cesspit of shite like he does, it's truly remarkable that he's managed to gnaw his way to the bottom.

I agree with all this. Think also , while the current situation is hilarious for us, it can still all change very quickly. Think some of our fans are getting carried away, we have won nothing as yet.
A simple thing like 2 or 3 wins for them could see them get their act together again.
They cannot become shit overnight.
You didn’t watch the game either then if you agree with all of that

Need to stop the head through the day. Bad habit.

Back