Talksport on Lennon

You didn’t watch the game either then if you agree with all of that
The tim game? nah , i dont watch them . saw the highlights this morning for a laugh. it did look like timmy had a good few opportunities. Their opening goal was very well taken.

I agree with all this. Think also , while the current situation is hilarious for us, it can still all change very quickly. Think some of our fans are getting carried away, we have won nothing as yet.
A simple thing like 2 or 3 wins for them could see them get their act together again.
They cannot become shit overnight.

They will, sadly, win their next 5 or so league games until they face us, 4 at home against nobody who are in top 4 in the league and away to Hamilton

We better expect them to take 15 points before they get to us, its up to us though to take 18 points we have available, we are away 4x tho, and then heap the pressure back on by beating them at New year

The reaction of some Rangers fans concern me, there is a long long way to go and we have to keep winning to ensure we give them no respite

Last edited:
How good would it be if Celtic ended up making a loss from their euro games this year. The two revenue streams open to them,match tickets and bonus money, are non-existent

Lovely
Thats actually possible.
Only generated €200k for games so far, won't even cover travel costs etc. Good chance much of the money for qualifying has been spunked as player/manager/staff/CEO bonuses.
No crowds has helped cut down on UEFA fines TBF. :)

IMO they have few problems at the moment. 1 There has been some falling out in the dressing room.2 They have no settled pattern of play.3They are relying on individuals to dig them out of a hole.Edouard scored a good goal but it wasn't as a result of great teamwork.
Unfortunately for them,these individuals are currently off form and results are proving that.
I would urge a degree of caution however,as shite as they are they can still beat most teams in the SPFL.
I believe we can win the league but there is still a long way to go and when January comes we will be entering unchartered waters,top of the league with the league title on the horizon.
Hopefully the manager,team and fans can just focus on our games,keep winning and ignore the tramps.
There will be plenty of time to celebrate in May.

I remember being 3-0 down to Celtic after 40 mins but thinking we were the better team.. we scored and then had another perfectly good goal chopped off before half time.
Things need to go your way at certain moments in a game and everyone then forgets how in the balance a game was.
Wow you have a entirely ridiculous line in turd polishing! The filth got murdered last night and Sparta hardly got out of about 3rd gear, preferring as they did in Glasgow to let them stretch the game and then pick them off.

Other than Edouards goal and his glaring miss regale me of all this dominance that the filth enjoyed? They should and could well have been 4-1 down by half time!

Let’s not kid ourselves Celtic were well on top in the game last night.
They have some very good players who have a winning mentality.
Their goal was a cracker from a very dangerous striker.

However they have a very poor defence and clearly don’t know the best way to fix it. Last night’s major changes had no effect and to add to their woes Brown seems to really have imploded. Bringing back Foster at Christmas would help their team greatly.

The Lennon factor is hard to gauge. Any manager under the pressure that has built around him can become a drag on the team. I would rather he was there than he was not as I think overall in the current circumstances he is having a negative influence.

Going out of Europe in the longer term will help them this season.

I do worry when I read post after post as if they are hopeless, as they are capable with a few changes of keeping pace with us.
WTF? Well on top, they got stuffed 4-1, Where are the very good players with a winning mentality? They have won 2 out of the last 9. They have just spent £5m on a keeper, they cant afford to bring back Forster as well, and they can keep pace with us as much as they want, they wont be overtaking us. Good try Mr Hartson.

WTF? Well on top, they got stuffed 4-1, Where are the very good players with a winning mentality? They have won 2 out of the last 9. They have just spent £5m on a keeper, they cant afford to bring back Forster as well, and they can keep pace with us as much as they want, they wont be overtaking us. Good try Mr Hartson.
They will be on the phone begging Lurch to come back, he’s not played for Southampton as far as I’m aware.

For all the quite marvellous football we are playing at the moment, and it is marvellous, we are actually only 3 points better off that last season.

The good news for me is they have 4 points less than they had at this point last season, so its a 7 point swing.

The Europa League shows to me that its night and day between us and them, and seriously we should be favourites.

The big problem is the standard of the rest of the teams. It said in the press that outwith OF games Celtc has lost 1 domestic game in the last 62, I think we are at about 5 in the same number.

The challenge is still there and we need to bury the ghost of the post xmas collapse. Match or outperform them up till NY and win v them in January and the dream is on.

They will, sadly, win their next 5 or so league games until they face us, 4 at home against nobody who are in top 4 in the league and away to Hamilton

We better expect them to take 15 points before they get to us, its up to us though to take 18 points we have available, we are away 4x tho, and then heap the pressure back on by beating them at New year

The reaction of some Rangers fans concern me, there is a long long way to go and we have to keep winning to ensure we give them no respite
I expect them to win their next 5, but I also expect us to win our next 6
Ross C (a)
DUFC (a)
M'well (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hibs (h)
St Mirren (a)
That will give us a 14 point lead before stuffing them at Ibrox .And I make no apologies for looking so far ahead, but take the enjoyment while you can.

They will be on the phone begging Lurch to come back, he’s not played for Southampton as far as I’m aware.
He’s going no where. He’s Southampton’s number 2 right now after they let Gunn go out on loan.

Southamptons current third choice goalie is Harry Lewis who played 30 odd games for Dundee Utd in the Championship a few seasons ago.

They missed the boat with Forster.

Celtic will still end up winning most domestic games under Lennon this season, anyone that thinks that we will stroll to the title is deluded.
We are in great position though and we can only throw it away.
This is very true, they have lost one game and not played well.

This is Scottish Football not Serie A, they can still win without playing well.

We need to focus and don’t give them a sniff, the remaining three games against them will decide it.

I don’t sound like anything other than a football fan.
Watch the game if you want to comment and it would be hard to come to any other view unless you are so blinded to want a certain narrative.
My post was more about their flaws and their ability.
I made an exception to my rule and watched a good bit of their game last night. They did not control it. It was at best a 50/50 encounter against a depleted Sparta team. This isn't a certain narrative.

They fail to track runners, and are destroyed by any pace whatsoever. It is not a confidence issue, it is not a psychological issue, it is a very average team issue.

Laxalt, the worlds greatestest left back is an extremely fast runner who CAN go by a player at speed more often than not runs into trouble and either crosses blindly to no-one or loses it and gets caught way out of position. On the other side the guy they dropped in for ping pong, elhamed, does similar and his crossing was lazy, again throwing into noone.

McGregor looked as if he was running out of air after about an hour. Christie should have been red carded after his latest stamp through petulance. Ntcham is a liability when facing decent, not great, players. Brown is reduced to making last ditch tackles because he is so off the pace. Rogic is and always was skilfull but no stamina

Their latest combo of defenders cannot keep track of runners, any interplay between forwards and they are all over the place. They are decent, not good, in the air. They are awful when faced with movement.

I emphasize again, this was mainly Sparta's 2nd and 3rd choice players. Not saying they weren't decent but they're not someone we would worry much about. If they were offered the same amount of money wasted on Barkas, the mentally challengeds could have bought most of that Sparta team from last night.

Sparta B/C had 13 shots on goal 7 on target. mentally challengeds had 8 and 4 on target. Of those, Sparta scored 4 and hit the post. They scored 1 and fluffed any other decent chances. Sorry, but how does that equate to controlling a game?

Their 'extremely dangerous' striker missed an absolute sitter, falling on his arse 4 yards from goal and went off 'injured' because he couldn't be bothered. Definitely looked a Suttonesque injury.

They are a team devoid of ideas. They look like us 2nd half of last year but with worse players. How you managed to see anything other than that I am not sure.

If you are worried that they are capable of beating the SPFL dross that's fine, they are. If you are worried they can get better, of course they can. If you are worried that they are as good as us, rest easy. They are nowhere near our level. We need to keep winning but unless we implode again this year, and we might, we have their measure. That is the first time in years I have genuinely thought that.

I saw the first 5 mins of their game and that with their lineup I thought they'd take 3 off SP who seem a decent, well organised side but a team we'd be comfortably.

They still have good attacking players and have two decent CHs in Julian and Ajer, but they're so disorganised it's unreal. Two full backs go bombing forward yet offer very little in terms of attacking, they don't have a defensive midfielder athletic enough to cover 2 attacking FBs.

If they bring in a decent manager then we'll have a challenge on our hands (though regardless I think we're the better side with more balanced squad) but the longer they persist with lennon the more chance of us romping the league.

He'll be gone after hearts beat them in the cup!

I don't think people have been watching us and them recently: we will win all our remaining matches this year, but they will not. Come the next game against them I expect the lead to be minimum 16 points.

Celtic will still end up winning most domestic games under Lennon this season, anyone that thinks that we will stroll to the title is deluded.
We are in great position though and we can only throw it away.

I think that is true, if he can arrest the slump which isn't guaranteed. It's gone on since the start of the season where they haven't played well and he's not been able to correct it. The manner in which we beat them highlighted everything that's wrong with them and now people are focusing on that the pressure is beginning to tell.

However they have a very poor defence and clearly don’t know the best way to fix it. Last night’s major changes had no effect and to add to their woes Brown seems to really have imploded. Bringing back Foster at Christmas would help their team greatly.

The Lennon factor is hard to gauge. Any manager under the pressure that has built around him can become a drag on the team. I would rather he was there than he was not as I think overall in the current circumstances he is having a negative influence.

I do worry when I read post after post as if they are hopeless, as they are capable with a few changes of keeping pace with us.
I do not know a single Rangers fan who thinks we are in the position we are in the league because of them and their form.

The bottom line here is very, very simple; Win our games, win the league, regardless of what they do.

ANY, literally any dropped points for them help us but are not needed.

I would be very much happy if they kept pace with us right up until match day 37.

They have won 2 games in 9.

they have 1 point and are out of their second European competition before the end of November.

they have an under pressure manager who the fans have turned against working with coaches he never even got to pick.

their team is over paid and over hyped.

If we keep our foot on the gas and worry about ourselves and “the next game” only, then it looks like the pressure of a severely tainted “ten” is going to choke them to death.

could do with all 9 being in the league though.

again, whilst it’s great to watch them stall, 5 points is easily caught if we have a stumble or take foot off gas (we’ve been guilty of that twice so hopefully we’ve learnt from it)

Im mates with a rabid mentally challenged bastard but we make a point of never speaking about anything football related as he is a proper froth at the mouth moon howler.

This morning however he broke ranks and went off on one over WhatsApp about how atrocious TLB is - and apparently the rumours of strachan coming back are not without foundation

would he be able to sort them out? could go either way but I desperately want TLB to be given more time. they have 5 home games out of 6 coming up in the league, can see him taking maximum points from them and limping through til we play them at new year - at which point we need to fuckin maul them.

must keep winning. and they must keep TLB!

The last thing we need is for them to build up a head of steam by winning half a dozen games on the trot.
I hope they stumble from one crisis to the next until we meet them at Ibrox.

They're honking and even when they look as if they're getting a bit of momentum, they make a dugs dinner of it. Actually surprised at your post.

They were only on top while they were losing 2-1, yet created only one chance. Sparta played with them

Forster is coining it in at the moment without playing (over £5million in wages since he last played a match), so I would guess that any move depends on him being able to wring the cash out of Lawwell. MSN has a story about a loan for a young Man Utd keeper. The car park will be full if that's the choice they make.

Nae bother

Forster is coining it in at the moment without playing (over £5million in wages since he last played a match), so I would guess that any move depends on him being able to wring the cash out of Lawwell. MSN has a story about a loan for a young Man Utd keeper. The car park will be full if that's the choice they make.
Thought foster didn’t want to return to them this season. If he had surely the £5m they spent on the other GK would’ve better spent on Foster

the press was linking them with Henderson of Man U who had great reviews at Sheffield u last season

Thought foster didn’t want to return to them this season. If he had surely the £5m they spent on the other GK would’ve better spent on Foster

the press was linking them with Henderson of Man U who had great reviews at Sheffield u last season

he only re-signed with Man U on some promise of his future
being farmed out to Nonce FC wouldn't cover that

unless he's part of the pie in the sky package
Benitez, Howe etc

he only re-signed with Man U on some promise of his future
being farmed out to Nonce FC wouldn't cover that

unless he's part of the pie in the sky package
Benitez, Howe etc
I doubt he’d be interested in a move to Glasgow

Henderson of Man U is a tremendous keeper ahead of forster

An absolute embarrassment of a post. What's our equivalent of a soup taker?

An absolute embarrassment of a post. What's our equivalent of a soup take
On a football basis pure and simple.. don’t know what age you are but jumping on a bandwagon that they are hopeless is easy.. to point out they are not as hopeless as you seem to think clearly is not..

Back