Talksport right now

An English sounding fella has just stated that, Dave King is stepping aside with a far East consortium taking over from the current board and that Stevie Gerrard has been promised money to spend.

I smell shite .
No different to what has been said on here recently.

An English sounding fella has just stated that, Dave King is stepping aside with a far East consortium taking over from the current board and that Stevie Gerrard has been promised money to spend.

I smell shite .

Was it someone phoning in with that or was it a presenter saying it?

Would be good news as save king doesn’t have the money to move us forward significantly. If they do go, they will have deserve a lot of praise

Makes sense. Liverpool are a huge brand in the far east. The Gerrard association would be a fantastic marketing tool particularly over there.

But it could just as well be shite.

Are the guys behind Copper Dog,the advertisement below the large screens at Ibrox,Hong Kong based ?

Something to do with them maybe

Just posted similar, admin merge threads but be interested if he posts here and can back this 'opinion' up or even how he forms this opinion.

Jordan and Strachan doing their best at talking Gerrard out of coming

For all the board are a clusterfuck at the moment, selling out to far eastern businessmen makes me very uneasy.

I know we need massive investment but I’m hoping and I think this is a load of shite.

Was this “English “sounding guys name chris mutton,if so it would be right,cause he knows everything,and is never wrong.

Rangers fan on now saying we should never have got rid of Warburton

Yen yen yen btw ;)

Are the guys behind Copper Dog,the advertisement below the large screens at Ibrox,Hong Kong based ?

Something to do with them maybe
Piers Adam London based, he bought the craigellachie hotel from my family and wanted to open a bar in Copland house. Very wealthy man and a big bear!

Far East money! How many times lordy lordy!

tenor.gif

He was getting mixed up on rumours. Was a punter saying stevie g wouldn’t take the job unless real investment and rumours of investment but King would sell out. Last bit I suspect was nonsense

The thing that doesn't add up for me is this.. if we are about to have major new investment why are we trusting it to a guy that's never managed?

I really can't believe anything like this is on the horizon and I certainly wouldn't believe it coming from some random guy phoning up a radio talk show.

Maybe but then why would they not insist on a high profile manager?
I'm way too cynical to give any credence to any talk about investment, until it's heard from the club. but I guess that scenario could occur because of identification and fanbase as opposed to direct managerial results. Former players like Gerrard will have more fans than direct fans managers.

If there was some for of advertising linked with the investment, then it would get greater exposure through a high profile ex player who's a manager than an all out manager of xxxx number of years.

Back