TalkSPORT- Steven Gerrard speculation

alba73

Saying that with Liverpool’s number 2 leaving then a possilty he’ll be promoted to Liverpool first team management team

It would be another embarrassment for us but could be a blessing in disguise.

I think it’s more likely that he will be coming with Gerrard though. That’s what I thought when I first saw the news.

My hunch from the first leak is no way we will have Gerrard (right or wrong) the if we do not get him now the board and club look pathetic, as another target passes us by. The only thing worse than the way the club is performing is the PR (Traynor) they are clueless

Would be a blessing in disguise. The same lot screaming about him turning us down were all having fits when McInnes did likewise. Two months later they were all pretending they never wanted him anyway.

If it means getting an experienced manager in instead of Gerrard I'll be delighted he knocked us back and will be much more confident about next season. Couldn't give a shit about bad press or whatever, everything apart from results on the park is just noise.

I think it’s more likely that he will be coming with Gerrard though. That’s what I thought when I first saw the news.
That's what I thought too. Didn't even cross my mind him stepping up as Liverpool assistant which now I think of it makes perfect sense for him/them :(

The guy who has worked with klopp his whole career is going to leave him now to come here to be Gerrard’s number 2? Seriously?

Would be a blessing in disguise. The same lot screaming about him turning us down were all having fits when McInnes did likewise. Two months later they were all pretending they never wanted him anyway.

If it means getting an experienced manager in instead of Gerrard I'll be delighted he knocked us back and will be much more confident about next season. Couldn't give a shit about bad press or whatever, everything apart from results on the park is just noise.

After being knocked back by McInnes and Gerrard no manager worth their salt will want to touch us with a barge pole

IMO the whole Gerrard thing has been to try and flog season tickets. Was never gonna happen but the board knew sales were low after the semi and anticipated yesterday which wouldve made them go from low to non existent.
And that’s me had enough for one day. Someone wake me up when this is done.

Is there a Steve McLaren express?
tumblr_ltyiqcsyR11qcuqfe.jpg

IMO the whole Gerrard thing has been to try and flog season tickets. Was never gonna happen but the board knew sales were low after the semi and anticipated yesterday which wouldve made them go from low to non existent.

Did the board ask the the Liverpool assistant to take a break till the end of season to facilitate this sting on Rangers fans? Just to give it some additional credibility?

As a couple of posters have mentioned, the Asst Manager has been given a leave of absence for a few months for personal reasons. The Belfast Tele are running the story. He is due back in the summer.

Employing Gerrard wouldn't be master stroke to improve ticket sales, I haven't renewed yet, if Gerrard is in the dugout I will have serious doubts as to whether i will.

Not gonna lie i was getting a bit carried away with Stevie G.

But when you sit down and think about it we need an experienced manager thats been around the block a few times.

Saying that with Liverpool’s number 2 leaving then a possilty he’ll be promoted to Liverpool first team management team
Or Liverpool's #2 comin
PLEASE DONT GET THIS DONE.
After yesterday’s performance we NEED an experienced manager, Murty has shown we need experience in the dugout SO come on board get your finger out and get someone in who knows what he is doing.
WATP
We need a leader of men in the dugout. A winner, A footballing brain. Stevie G is all that.

Whether you think Gerrard is right or not, there’s absolutely no fucking way we can have another public humiliation of a manager turning us down

If Gerrard doesn’t come I won’t shed any tears, I want a seasoned manager in to sort this shambles out.

That said, I would seriously worry about the backlash if the board fail to land Gerrard.... not just on ST sales but on what’s left of any credibility we have as a club.

Some other guy is taking over the assistant post at Liverpool, Krawietz I think his name is, part of Klopp's coaching staff

Has the club come out and said they want Gerrard as manager? From what I've read it all speculation.. This board has just gone crazy about it

Tbh when i saw that news i thought this could throw a spanner in the works. If yiu are Gerrard, either manage Rangers or become Klop's assistant? Which would you take for the sake of your career (take your feelings towards Rangers out of it). If he is asked to be no2 to his boyhood club that would be near impossible to turn down tbh.

To become Liverpool manager, you have to have managerial experience which you don't get as a no 2 as McCoist proved.
I'm still 95% certain Gerrard will be our next manager and expect him to be a success. Experience means nothing as PLG, Caixinha, Mowbray and Deila all proved.
I don't know how many managers post on FF, but 99% of us would not have played that team. No Martin, no Windass, Dorrans further up park, Morelos instead of Cummings.

We are not interested then why hasn’t Gerrard or his agent denied it. Unless he’s trying to smoke out other offers

PLEASE DONT GET THIS DONE.
After yesterday’s performance we NEED an experienced manager, Murty has shown we need experience in the dugout SO come on board get your finger out and get someone in who knows what he is doing.
WATP

The only experience we need is experience of winning - and accepting nothing less than winning. Steven Gerrard fits that profile.

You do wonder where the board would turn to next if this one blows up in our face.

Can we really expect them to suddenly come to their senses and go out to get a proper manager with an proper CV?

Or would it more likely be off cap in hand to see Alex Neil?

I just hope they have a plan B and have not thrown all their eggs into one basket again aka McInnes.

I am not fan of either DM or our board, but to be fair the board, who in their right mind would have thought DM would turn us down, especially in the last minutes of the deal being done. Still baffles me, but glad he did, even though we are at a low atm, it is still a bullet dodged!
s

I can’t see us offering him the kind of money that Liverpool would (Buvacs).

Back