Talksport touting Edouard to Leicester in this window

Would be a good signing for the likes of West Brom. I think they'll get about 12 million for him, good business for both parties at that price all things considered.

We've all been saying how bad Morelos' goal return is in the league this season, and it is bad, but Edouard's is worse.

His already terrible stats are skewed by a hat-trick against Hamilton in the first game of the season and penalties. In his last 14 appearances since the Hamilton game, he's scored 1 goal that wasn't a penalty.

Interesting that both his and Morelos' scoring form have collapsed this season, the difference is we've got goals coming from other places.

English media saying West Ham looking at a £13m deal to take him.

Lennon said he had a knee injury and that’s why he missed the fun in the snow. I think he will be told to head elsewhere now this window. They will need the cash
Think that's a likely. West Ham are desperate for a striker.

They need the money for a rebuild, the silly figures of 30 million they won't get anywhere near that especially with the way he's played this season and with covid money is tighter around football now.

Is the 40% sell on fee a definite? I can’t see any club never mind the beggars agreeing to a 40% sell on fee to PSG, that’s fkn terrible business if its true, maybe 10/15% but fk me 40%. Is this serious, or a made up rumour?

My cousins are Leicester and Rangers fans they said they wouldn’t mind if he signed for them. He is a good player but has a can’t be bothered attitude. Then again he’s probably dying to get a away from them. I don’t think he’s worth £20m though. They have vastly overrated him, not like he’s scoring goals for fun.

What was wrong with him on Wednesday anyway, why was he not playing? Maybe he is offski and they didn’t want to risk him on that pitch at Livingston.

We've all been saying how bad Morelos' goal return is in the league this season, and it is bad, but Edouard's is worse.

His already terrible stats are skewed by a hat-trick against Hamilton in the first game of the season and penalties. In his last 14 appearances since the Hamilton game, he's scored 1 goal that wasn't a penalty.

Interesting that both his and Morelos' scoring form have collapsed this season, the difference is we've got goals coming from other places.

Ive seen him a few times in recent months Sebo.

Copenhagen. Non Existent. Scored a Panenka penalty but was nothing apart from that.

Hearts. Missed three great chances. Hit the keeper with all three.

Yes, he has quality, and has improved in holding the ball up, but I think he would fail in the Premiership against the better quality, as he has more or less in the EL.

He regularly becomes the invisible man.

He is a good player of that there is no doubt and would prob go as far as to say he's the best finisher in Scotland when he wants to be but he is lazy and this season has shown he doesn't have the heart for a fight, either that or he doesn't want to play for TLB.

In any scenario I think you'd be insane to pay anywhere near £20m for him.

He really doesn’t suit the way Leicester play so I’d say this is a non starter.

unless it’s as a back up but I guess that’s what iheanacho is
He's far better than Iheanacho.
He's downed tools with the mhanks but no doubting the guys a good player

Ive seen him a few times in recent months Sebo.

Copenhagen. Non Existent. Scored a Panenka penalty but was nothing apart from that.

Hearts. Missed three great chances. Hit the keeper with all three.

Yes, he has quality, and has improved in holding the ball up, but I think he would fail in the Premiership against the better quality, as he has more or less in the EL.
I’m not too sure that he would fail mate, he’s brilliant at working himself a yard to get shots away. If he can get fitter than Lennon’s got him, allied to having good, well coached players surrounding him, I reckon he could cut it down there no problem.

He can’t be any worse than Neil Maupay, Chris Wood or Ashley Barnes can he?

He is a good player of that there is no doubt and would prob go as far as to say he's the best finisher in Scotland when he wants to be but he is lazy and this season has shown he doesn't have the heart for a fight, either that or he doesn't want to play for TLB.

In any scenario I think you'd be insane to pay anywhere near £20m for him.

100% with you mate.

Morelos is definitely behind him in finishing & in touch & pace, but you get a commitment & honesty from Morelos Edouard doesn’t have. Morelos never hides & his injury record is significantly better.

I’m not too sure that he would fail mate, he’s brilliant at working himself a yard to get shots away. If he can get fitter than Lennon’s got him, allied to having good, well coached players surrounding him, I reckon he could cut it down there no problem.

He can’t be any worse than Neil Maupay, Chris Wood or Ashley Barnes can he?

OK, if you put it like that LOL

He really doesn’t suit the way Leicester play so I’d say this is a non starter.

unless it’s as a back up but I guess that’s what iheanacho is
First thing that came to mind.
Leicester tend to be a quick fast fwd type of play.
I think eduard is a good hold up and turn defenders type, he is a big unit.

Edouard is a good player but not sure he’s suited to playing the lone striker role, never mind being a lone striker in the EPL

Unsure if he’d suit Leicester tbh

100% with you mate.

Morelos is definitely behind him in finishing & in touch & pace, but you get a commitment & honesty from Morelos Edouard doesn’t have. Morelos never hides & his injury record is significantly better.

Spot on Grigo. Edouard is a clever player, he links up and moves very well and when he's on it he is deadly but Morelos offers more for me. Morelos isn't afraid to go in where it hurts and he has that typical South American mindframe where he doesn't care if its cheating or dirty as long as he gains advantage.

The European record between them speaks for itself. Morelos is a proven European goalscorer and not just against minnows.

The orcs can bang on about international football if they want but it's laughable the guys about 40 playing for an under-21 team. Who gives a sh*t :))

Edouard is a good player but not sure he’s suited to playing the lone striker role, never mind being a lone striker in the EPL

Unsure if he’d suit Leicester tbh
Would Brenda trust him enough to change how they play?
Vardy is getting on TBF.

He's far better than Iheanacho.
He's downed tools with the mhanks but no doubting the guys a good player

I don't disagree he's a good player - but i don't think he suits the way Leicester play - they have pace in there front free with Vardy / Barnes / Perez (albrighton) etc) an as much as i don't think Ineacho is a great player - he is pacey and strong - i don't consider Edouard to be quick?

with all that said i am sure if the deal was right Rodgers would take him.

Spot on Grigo. Edouard is a clever player, he links up and moves very well and when he's on it he is deadly but Morelos offers more for me. Morelos isn't afraid to go in where it hurts and he has that typical South American mindframe where he doesn't care if its cheating or dirty as long as he gains advantage.

The European record between them speaks for itself. Morelos is a proven European goalscorer and not just against minnows.

The orcs can bang on about international football if they want but it's laughable the guys about 40 playing for an under-21 team. Who gives a sh*t :))

Funny LOL

But it does raise another point wrt Alfie v Edouard. Edouard is shocking in the air, and not even close to some of Alfie’s headed goals in the EL.

I don't disagree he's a good player - but i don't think he suits the way Leicester play - they have pace in there front free with Vardy / Barnes / Perez (albrighton) etc) an as much as i don't think Ineacho is a great player - he is pacey and strong - i don't consider Edouard to be quick?

with all that said i am sure if the deal was right Rodgers would take him.
His pace is good enough, he's caused us some bother plus he's strong. Just imagine if he could be arsed to actually try all the time?

He is without doubt a good player who has pretty much downed tools this season. He picked up again in the last 3 weeks before the window opened, I wonder why that is???

He has pace, might not be blistering but he is not slow. Despite looking quiet small in stature he is quite strong and difficult to get off the ball as we seen in the game on the 2nd January. He is also quite a composed finisher, quite a natural finisher. I want to say he's shit because he plays for them but he is a very good player on his day. However £20m in this window, I don't see that happening. He has 18 months left on his contract, is clearly unhappy there and wants a move or a new contract would've been signed by now. If any bid is rejected I expect him to hand in a transfer request and further down tools.

I expect Celtic will get somewhere in the region of 10-13m for him and probably add a sell on clause as well because he has the potential to go for a higher fee. That in turns leaves Celtic making next to no money on him.

OK, if you put it like that LOL
You never know with any player do you. Roberto Soldado looked class in La Liga but couldn’t cut it in a Spurs side which, arguably, suited his style of play. And yet, players like Calum Wilson when given service and on top form can look momentarily like world beaters.

I’ve no doubt that Alfie and French Eddy (both playing for the right team/manager) could be a success in England. They have the physique for a kick off. Given time, they’d find the net.

Funny LOL

But it does raise another point wrt Alfie v Edouard. Edouard is shocking in the air, and not even close to some of Alfie’s headed goals in the EL.

That's a good point actually, never thought of it before.
He does have a heed like a biscuit tin does Edouard.

Most of his goals involve clever link up play, losing his marker then a tidy finish.
Were as Alfie has a better arsenal.
Albeit 95 out of 100 will sail in to row Z lol.

Hopefully some lurking papists on here read our comments about their £40m hero.
Cry harder Declan, cry harder.

That's a good point actually, never thought of it before.
He does have a heed like a biscuit tin does Edouard.

Most of his goals involve clever link up play, losing his marker then a tidy finish.
Were as Alfie has a better arsenal.
Albeit 95 out of 100 will sail in to row Z lol.

Hopefully some lurking papists on here read our comments about their £40m hero.
Cry harder Declan, cry harder.

Heed like a biscuit tin LOL

Hurty knee.
Without doing any training or playing???
I'm wondering as someone on Clyde the other night said he house shares with Ntcham, who looks likely to be the one with covid. If either is isolating could scupper any move this window

I can't deny he is an excellent footballer (their best which isn't saying much just now) but, it's quite clear he has downed tools. Very little movement off the ball and work rate is almost non-existent. Personally I'm happy he is leaving (of true) as he is still a dangerous player in a 1 on 1 situation and set plays. We've dealt with him without too much fuss the past few games against them though.

I'm wondering as someone on Clyde the other night said he house shares with Ntcham, who looks likely to be the one with covid. If either is isolating could scupper any move this window
Some else said they were his neighbour and he lives alone, took over the property from the cock who wore the police hat, the one Kent scared off.

Back