Talksport touting Edouard to Leicester in this window

It's not about making a profit, it's about keeping the wolf from the door.

Miss out on the CL group stage (again) next season and they're in serious financial trouble.

And we’ve got some posters on here, who would prefer, given the opportunity rangers be either Aberdeen or hibs to prevent them from stealing the second place berth from the scum.

Not that I think that either of them are capable of getting there, mind

Will be shocked if they didn't sell him before the end of January as he could pick up an injury late in the season and miss the summer window completely.

With the league being gone for them they probably need money and the longer they wait to sell French diddy the less they'll get.

Leicester need better back up for Vardy. He is more than good enough for that. Be good to see him go.

Leicesters forwards are all busy or pacy (or both) players - Vardy, Barnes - even Perez & Iheanacho to some extent

will the lazy looking Edouard fit with Rogers ?

Such lazy journalism. Eduard doesn't even fit Leicesters system. Hes nothing like Vardy as a player. More than that £20M is hugely overpaying for someone who clearly doesn't want to be there and that you could easily get cheaper in the summer, when he enters the last year of his contract.

I want him to stay. I want them all to stay and witness what happens in May.

Double bonus of his value going through the floor after this window shuts and they get coppers for him only strengthens that sentiment.
This. For no other reason that it means gloomy, disinterested players polluting their team and training sessions, adding to the misery they must all be feeling. Can only lead to more dropped points and a quicker, easier trot to the title for The Rangers. Could have it sealed by the end of February at this rate.:))

If I was looking at a player, I'd be very dubious of buying due to the fact he has downed tools, its disrespect, bad influence, a gamble and mentality problems

Most in here seems p!ssed off when Arsenal signed Tierney for £25M. It didn't bother me the money Celtic got because their recruitment has been sh!te the last few years, all I was concerned about was beating them on the park so I was happy they were getting rid of a good player & replace the NG him with a bunch of bang average 1's.

If they sell Edouard to Leicester, Arsenal, or Crawley to play with Mark Wright, I'm not fussed, as I think he's a very decent player on his day, & if they buy more Ateji's & Kimalla's then all the better.

se
Like it or not he's a decent player.

Even having a poor season he's 11 goals in 23 games for them this year.

It's no coincidence that he was invocled in their 3 wins leading to the old firm, and Celtic haven't won a game since he's been out.I'd be delighted to see him go, and for as little as possible.

Edit:further to my point, a quick look suggests celtic haven't won a game this season without him in the side.
sell him now then and see if they can keep that record going

It would actually be the smart move given the title is almost certainly gone.

If they wait until the summer he’ll be in the final year of his contract and his value will start to decline with potential suitors able to sign him on a pre contract just six months later.

Wouldn’t be surprised, he’s a good player. Seems to have been went off the boil but could be his head was turned

Such lazy journalism. Eduard doesn't even fit Leicesters system. Hes nothing like Vardy as a player. More than that £20M is hugely overpaying for someone who clearly doesn't want to be there and that you could easily get cheaper in the summer, when he enters the last year of his contract.

Mate, I think Leicester may allow themselves to buy a striker who isn’t exactly the same as Jamie Vardy. You could actually argue that they need an alternative for when opposing teams sit to deep for Leicester to counter attack.

It’s also hardly unheard of for a manager to go for a player he’s bought and been successful with at a previous club.

He’s a good player so I’ll be glad to see him leave - and I don‘t think they’ll replace him a similar standard.

13m sounds about right. I’ll be surprised if it’s much more.

He’s likely desperate to leave. His frustration when we scored on January 2nd was a delight.

If I was looking at a player, I'd be very dubious of buying due to the fact he has downed tools, its disrespect, bad influence, a gamble and mentality problems
This happens all the time and it doesn’t affect transfers most of the time.

Mate, I think Leicester may allow themselves to buy a striker who isn’t exactly the same as Jamie Vardy. You could actually argue that they need an alternative for when opposing teams sit to deep for Leicester to counter attack.

It’s also hardly unheard of for a manager to go for a player he’s bought and been successful with at a previous club.

Really? Leicesters success has been as a counter-attacking team who defend from the front. Im not sure how a lazy striker who's greatest success occurs in and around the box helps either of those philosophies. Maybe they would like another option, as you suggest, but with Vardy going down injured, id imagine their primary option, will be a similar type of stirker to plug and play.

Brendans been at Leicester for 2years now, if he liked Edouard that much he would be there by now. I think Brendan knows that Edouard wouldn't work in his team/system and thats why he won't sign him.

Cant believe the chugging over oddone by some of our fans. Strange considering the stick our Alfie takes on here who in my opinion is a better All round player. The last time oddone looked a threat against us we had Rob kiernan and senderos at the back. Obviously scored a few since then but nothing spectacular . A total joke for the most part in Europe too just like the rest of his team . Most of his goals are against Hamilton and the like and he's not even been doing that this season. Awful attitude too by the looks of it, can't see many lining up to sign him.

He’s their best player.

Quicker he’s gone the better.

They’re not signing a guy of his ability again in a hurry. They simply won’t splash £9m on a striker this summer.

giphy.gif

It’s the way off FF, and pretty much any fans forum, that players from rival teams are automatically shite, no matter who they are.

Edouard is clearly a good player, but he has also clearly went in a major huff this season when the beggars refused to sell him in the summer.

It’s worked out well for us as they have been stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be there and I barely trying, and will now get less cash than they would have got had they sold him last summer.
It's the same as most half decent players from the meccano dome. Theres a happy medium, we have people on here pishing their knickers and painting some of their players as world class, then we have the other end of the spectrum with the uber staunch making out that they wouldn't get a game at yoker athletic. As with most scenarios similar to this, the truth is somewhere inbetween.

Is Edouard a good player? Yes, by scottish standards very good. Would I have him over Morelos, probably not as hes not only inconsistent but looks like he'd rather be anywhere other than scottish football. I really dont get this "fear" that people have when talking about some of their players. Aye, some of them are good, but who's won the last 3 derbies, dominated probably 5 of the last 7, who's top of the league by 20 points, still in europe and unbeaten? I think some people are living with PTSD from the banter years.

It's the same as most half decent players from the meccano dome. Theres a happy medium, we have people on here pishing their knickers and painting some of their players as world class, then we have the other end of the spectrum with the uber staunch making out that they wouldn't get a game at yoker athletic. As with most scenarios similar to this, the truth is somewhere inbetween.

Is Edouard a good player? Yes, by scottish standards very good. Would I have him over Morelos, probably not as hes not only inconsistent but looks like he'd rather be anywhere other than scottish football. I really dont get this "fear" that people have when talking about some of their players. Aye, some of them are good, but who's won the last 3 derbies, dominated probably 5 of the last 7, who's top of the league by 20 points, still in europe and unbeaten? I think some people are living with PTSD from the banter years.
I agree mostly.

Although I think a large part of that is the coaching.
Lennon inherited a pretty good side from a very good coach in Rodgers, and has made it progressively worse.

Gerrard inherited a shambles from Pedro and has made it progressively better.

Im certainly not scared of any of their players but I do respect a few of them for their ability as a few are decent.

Thankfully a good few are also woeful.

Cant believe the chugging over oddone by some of our fans. Strange considering the stick our Alfie takes on here who in my opinion is a better All round player. The last time oddone looked a threat against us we had Rob kiernan and senderos at the back. Obviously scored a few since then but nothing spectacular . A total joke for the most part in Europe too just like the rest of his team . Most of his goals are against Hamilton and the like and he's not even been doing that this season. Awful attitude too by the looks of it, can't see many lining up to sign him.
Always one uber staunch post isnt there

Heard one lunatic talking today.....

"He's had a poor first half of the season, so if he leaves now bidding will likely start at £30m, but if he stays and has a good second half of the season, bidding will start at £40m in the summer." :)) :))

As the window gets closer and closer to closing with very few clubs doing any business celtic have effectively placed a gumtree style add in today's Record for half their 1st team. :))

Getting desperate now....

Olivier Ntcham - £5m​

The French midfielder has never really fulfilled his obvious potential in Glasgow and, following another season flitting in and out of the team, it's probably time he was moved on.

Ntcham can be unplayable but he just doesn't have those days often enough for Celtic to keep on persisting with him. That being said, his inconsistency hasn't stopped consistent interest being shown in his three-and-a-half years at the club.

He cost £4m from Manchester City in 2017 and if Celtic can make even a small profit then it could be considered a decent deal.

Kristoffer Ajer - £12m​

AC Milan were tracking the Norwegian not so long ago and it was reported Celtic had valued him at £15m.

In a downsized market, few players will command the same fee as perhaps they would've pre-pandemic but, alongside Odsonne Edouard, Ajer is one of Celtic's top assets.

At 22, he's still a pup in centre-back terms but he has all the attributes to play at the top level.

Ajer would almost certainly represent better value for big clubs than plundering the so-called "big five" leagues for talent and there's money to be made if the time is right.

READ MORE​

Ryan Christie - £8m​

The seeds were sown on the midfielder's possible departure by his dad Charlie last summer, who talked up his son's Premier League ambitions in an eye-catching interview.

Burnley are known admirers and while it feels unlikely he will be valued in the same bracket as Ajer or Edouard, he won't be a bargain for any potential suitors either.

Christie splits opinion among the Celtic support, given his matchwinning abilities are often coupled with a tendency to frustrate.

It's for that reason his departure would arguably not sting quite as much as, say, Edouard while still bringing in crucial funds for the club.

Odsonne Edouard - £20m​

The jewel in the Parkhead crown, the silky striker has shone a little less brightly this season.

Edouard has been beset by Covid-19 and resultant patchy form but he remains Celtic's classiest operator on his day. It's ensured he's no stranger to some of the Premier League's big hitters, while Juventus have also been credited with an interest these days by the Italian media.

The end of the 10 In A Row season has always felt like the natural moment for his farewell but that quite unfortunately framed under the assumption Celtic would actually win it.

That now looks highly unlikely but it's even less probable Edouard would be of the mind to hang around for another year to take back the title.

It'll be a painful one but if Celtic want to rebuild from the wreckage of this campaign then selling their best player may be a hit they'll need to take.

READ MORE​

Jeremie Frimpong - £7m​

The young right-back is probably the least likely of the five to leave in the summer but Southampton and other Premier League sides are all reportedly keeping an eye on his progress.

Frimpong's impact this season hasn't been quite as explosive as his debut campaign but he's still only 20 with bags and bags of potential.

His decision-making in the final third has been the source of fan frustation this term but it's an aspect that will, along with his many other attributes, improve with time.

There's a contradiction here, though, that, given his age, clubs surely won't put big money on the table while Celtic won't be too open to selling for anything less than big money.

Back