Tam Forsyth has passed away

Met Tam in the Wee Rangers Club post match v Motherwell in 2012. Perfect Gentleman.

Will never forget THAT goal against them in 1973. I watched it on TV when living in Adelaide, Oz and being mesmerised at the Rangers support in the 122,000 + crowd.

That's two ex Gers heroes I've had the pleasure of meeting personally, who have now passed away. Him and another equal great - Davie Provan.

RIP Both Tam and Davie. :(

I just watched his 40 meter sorry 40 millimetre rocket against the mhanks. A great Ranger RIP

In the days when you could smoke in the stadium I was standing outside a club deck box watching the warm ups. Tam came to our box and came out and cadged a fag off me:)

Will never forget the Cup Final winner or Tam's celebrations afterwards.
He was also responsible for one of the best slide tackles I've ever seen when he took the ball off Mick Channon's toe when he was clean through on goal in the Scotland v England game.
Just posted this on another thread....see 7:46 in the video below

I wasn’t allowed to go to the 1966 Scottish FA Cup Final that King Kai won for us, so 1973 was the first time I’d seen Rangers win the Scottish FA Cup thanks to that winner from Jaws.
Thank you Tom Forsyth, you were definitely the thoroughbred.
GBNF

I wasn’t allowed to go to the 1966 Scottish FA Cup Final that King Kai won for us, so 1973 was the first time I’d seen Rangers win the Scottish FA Cup thanks to that winner from Jaws.
Thank you Tom Forsyth, you were definitely the thoroughbred.
GBNF
King Kai Cup Final and The Tom Forsyth Cup Final,great memories.

One of my favourite players growing up and following Rangers. And he did not disappoint when I met him years later, an absolute gentleman.

RIP big Tam.

A true Rangers man and a complete gentleman. Tam was much admired and respected by all who met him or saw him play.
A sad loss indeed.

FAO ADMIN -Is there any way to download this entire thread? Im good friends with his son David (who's also a good bluenose but don't I think he comes on here) and would like to pass all these messages on to him.

Had to post. Such a sad loss. One of my favourites growing up and I was lucky enough to be there in 1973. Met him a couple of times at Ibrox , nice down to earth guy.
Got a framed signed shirt for my 60th a few years ago from my cousin and pals I go to the match with. Proud that it says 'To Jim, Tom Forsyth' near the top. RIP Tam.

Just thinking, there was one man (at least) in the stadium on Sunday who worked with Tam Forsyth when Jaws was Tommy McLean's minder at Motherwell. That man being Andy Walker.

Did he say anything about it?

Not a criticism if he didn't. But would have been appropriate if he did.

Back