Tam Forsyth has passed away

Sad news. First game I ever went to was against Ayr Utd in the mid 70's and my old man gave me the pick of the stall at one of the sellers outside the ground. I came away with a 'Big Tam' pennant that stayed on my bedroom wall until i moved out nearly 20 yrs later. RIP big man.

One of my heroes growing up, was lucky to meet him a few times & he was an absolute gentleman, rest in peace Tam, thoughts & prayers to your family & friends.

Very sad to hear this news
He was a legend of successful gers teams in 70s and 80s
Jaws was his nickname but he had real talent

Horrible news hearing this tonight, one of my first heroes for club and country the 73 scf gave Tam legendary ry status, what a player he was Rest in peace Tom.

Bobby McKean, Johnny Hamilton, Sandy Jardine, Colin Jackson and Tam Forsyth from the 1975~76 squad all gone,add Davie Cooper from 1977/78 squad, that's some amount of talent from the Jock Wallace era with Jock also that are hopefully looking over the club.
May They All Rest in Peace

Gutted, the guy is a legend. Will always remember his thunderbolt from 6” against them to win the Scottish Cup and his tackle on Mick Channon against England.
RIP absolute star and Rangers to the core

An absolute giant of a Ranger.

He got a red v St Mirren in the 3-3 in 77. He told me he was innocent of punching McGarvey and Jock had him up against a wall by the throat. To be fair Jock was under pressure at the time.

As I said an absolute giant of a Ranger.

I'm half cut and the tears are blinding me.

Ps

I reckon he rattled McGarvey a full yin:)

Won a European trophy with `The Teds’

Played for Scotland in a WC

Scored the winner in an OF Cup Final

We’d all take that as a life well lived.

Sandy and Bomber will be there with the angels to welcome you.

Thanks for the memories.
Great defender,loved by many of us but he never won the ECWC. Still one of our best central defenders though

One of those special players that you hear stories about, watch footage of and read up on as you start discovering your love of Rangers.

Sad news. RIP Jaws.

Really really sad news, was fortunate enough to meet him on a few occasions, he was nothing but a true gentleman, rest easy Big Man !!!

Was part of the Rangers team when i started going to Ibrox regularly. Loved his enthusiasm to win every tackle. Was never the most skifull player but no one gave more than Big Tam. R.I.P. Jaws.

You need to do some homework.

Aw who phuckin cares

Homework done. Post edited. I didn’t realise he only signed in Oct 72.

In my defence I was only born in May 73, a couple of weeks after his winner in the SC Final.

In my mind the defence for the whole of the seventies was McCloy, Jardine, Greig, Forsyth Jackson with Dawson replacing Greig.

Back