Tangled up in Blue. New Book

Buzz07

As a collector of Rangers Books, I see there is a new book out called Tangled up in Blue.
It is by Stephen O'Donnell.

Has anyone read it yet. I am wondering if it is another hater cashing in on our name

Written by a Tim for Tims.

It does my heart good to know that a Celtic legend like Paul McStay can go cap in hand to that mob begging for crowdfunding to publish his autobiography and fail miserably to raise funds whilst they are falling over themselves fund books to read about and write about us.

Obsessed just about covers it.

It does my heart good to know that a Celtic legend like Paul McStay can go cap in hand to that mob begging for crowdfunding to publish his autobiography and fail miserably to raise funds whilst they are falling over themselves fund books to read about and write about us.

Did mcstay’s project never get off the ground ?

It's written by a bitter Yahoo. He tagged in all the Celtic accounts on Twitter trying to promote it. Also assured them 'its deals with all the sectarian stuff too'

Remember and leave a review on Amazon.

DESCRIPTION

Tangled Up in Blue explores the stories behind two of Scottish football's defining issues, which are separate but closely linked. First, the historic and fractious rivalry, based on a religious divide, between Glasgow Rangers and Celtic; and, second, the recent catastrophic financial collapse of Rangers, which ultimately led to the club's liquidation.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Stephen O'Donnell is an author and freelance writer of football-themed fiction and non-fiction, based in Glasgow. His novels Paradise Road and Scotball were published to critical acclaim. Recently, he has switched to non-fiction, focusing his work on the reasons for the apparent decline of Scottish football in recent years. Stephen is also a contributor to The Blizzard and Nutmeg magazines.

I wonder if he mentions who created the religious divide?

Review

‘A lucid and occasionally pitiless account of the rise and demise of Rangers FC which never loses sight of those who matter most in Scottish football - any football - the fans. It achieves an uplifting conclusion after all the staggering unlawfulness of the suits who ruined Rangers and the cynicism of those charged with running the game, who ran it into the ground at Ibrox and then “did walking away”.’ Alex Thomson, Channel 4 News

Seems like a book that will give the unwashed obsessives their fix of all things Rangers.

You read till ...

and, second, the recent catastrophic financial collapse of Rangers, which ultimately led to the club's liquidation.

... and know the score. Hand them a few dozen one star votes at Amazon and tell them that neither club nor OldCo were liquidated, and make sure that you note that anyone who wants an unbiased report on the Old Firm should look at:

Bill Murray - The Old Firm
Bill Murray - Bhoys, Bears and Bigotry - The Old Firm in the New Age

.. and those Yahoos who want to know their history, as unfortunate as it is, would have to find:

Tom Campbell & Pat Woods - The Glory and the Dream, The History of Celtic FC - 1887 (sic!) - 1986.

Some enlightening facts in the latter book, including Walfrid`s intents and aims as well as the Scum`s doings in the early days.

As an aside, it saddens me that we have had no books on some of my boyhood heroes such as the late Eric Caldow or Davie Wilson, Ralph Brand and Jimmy Millar - what stories these true legends could have told of a golden era. Although I did enjoy Dixon Blackstocks two volumes on the Rangers Greats and Bob McCallum's The Best of The (Light ) Blues. Ian McMillan (the wee PM) is another whose story has been sadly neglected.

I think the name of the author is a definite hint as to what's likely to be within its pages. Honestly, has any Rangers supporter ever written a book about them? It's not like there's not a lot of dirt out there to write about is it? But I personally wouldn't waste my time and energies as they simply are not worth the effort.

Through all of our trials and tribulations since 2012 I've taken great comfort in the fact that, even with all that we've been through, we are still haunting their very existence and they know that one day right will out and we will be back on top again, treating them with the contempt that they deserve. Roll on 55.

Who would want read about them nevermind pay money for the privilege, they are the Truly Obsessed.

As a collector of Rangers Books, I see there is a new book out called Tangled up in Blue.
It is by Stephen O'Donnell.

Has anyone read it yet. I am wondering if it is another hater cashing in on our name
Hope you're enjoying the books you picked up the other day!

What is it that drives these crackpot bastards? Hatred? Bigotry? Jealousy?
Why on earth would you want to write a book about your rivals? I just can’t get my head round how you would motivate yourself to do it.

The author's website is tinpot and funny as %^*&; http://stephenodonnell.weebly.com/

"Stephen, already halfway through his next book, will be a welcome intellectual addition to the Scottish literary scene. He brings a fresh and exciting new voice to the current debates" - he blatantly wrote that himself. Cringeworthy.

I hate saying the word C***** far less write a book about them.
Imagine if anyone had the guts to write the story about that place it would be a best seller.

As an aside, it saddens me that we have had no books on some of my boyhood heroes such as the late Eric Caldow or Davie Wilson, Ralph Brand and Jimmy Millar - what stories these true legends could have told of a golden era. Although I did enjoy Dixon Blackstocks two volumes on the Rangers Greats and Bob McCallum's The Best of The (Light ) Blues. Ian McMillan (the wee PM) is another whose story has been sadly neglected.

Davie Wilson's book came out not that long ago.

wilson__69296.1588850302.jpg

What is it that drives these crackpot bastards? Hatred? Bigotry? Jealousy?
Why on earth would you want to write a book about your rivals? I just can’t get my head round how you would motivate yourself to do it.

Money primarily, hating Rangers is more important and financially lucrative to that mob than liking Celtic.

That’s the reason all yahoo blogs only ever write about Rangers. If they tried to write a blog focused fully on the yahoos they’d starve to death within a week.

It is one of life's mysterys. Why would anyone want to read this? Rangers fans won't, so they are relying on celtic fans to buy a book about Rangers. Can you imagine what would need to happen in your life to make you buy a book about Celtic?

I'm surprised nobodies ever written a book about the sinister goings-on at the (ahem) alleged 'separate entity' with all the proven convictions.

Over to you Journos. Make a name for yourself.

I'm surprised nobodies ever written a book about the sinister goings-on at the (ahem) alleged 'separate entity' with all the proven convictions.

Over to you Journos. Make a name for yourself.

Adrian Goldberg said that he might write a book about it.

EDIT: Here

Forward with Rangers - Willie Henderson
Wilson on the Wing - Davie Wilson
My Story - John Greig
Sent off at gunpoint - Willie Johnson

I'm sure there's others.

I'm pretty sure he's not getting rich from the sales of this. Hopefully it'll help put an end to his pitiful writing career

Back