Tav’s Inability to Keep the Ball Down

Tav puts a good cross in now and again but the majority of his attempts are either straight at the defender in front of him or a country mile away from where they should be

Gar steven was possibly the best full back in the country at the time , he had the engine,pace and possibly one of the best crossers of a ball.. tavineer is nowere near him..
Before my time, but I've seen footage of it and yep, terrific goal mate and I know he was an absolute top drawer right back.

However, you'll go a long way before you see a better strike from a full back than Tav's against Peterhead at Hampden.

Did you give Lockie my best wishes ?

I did indeed mate.

Was going to PM you later.

He knew you alright and asked me to pass on his best.

Got to say, the weather for our parade was horrific on Saturday, but to be fair to him, he followed us right up the Shankill Rd.

As an ex Hearts captain he's maroon through and through and that's always been his team, but he definitely has a genuine affection for Rangers.

The way he spoke about Doddie and Sandy Jardine was brilliant.

So much respect for them, it was bordering on hero worship.

Gary Locke is a really decent lad.

Gar steven was possibly the best full back in the country at the time , he had the engine,pace and possibly one of the best crossers of a ball.. tavineer is nowere near him..

At no point have I said he is.

Gary Stevens is on a totally different level as a full back.

Maybe if you'd read my post properly 1st next time, before replying mate?

It's not just Tav, our shooting as a team needs to be better. It was almost a shock to see Kamberi strike the ball so well for his goal (and he did the exact same thing for the one chalked off), as we've become used to piss weak shots from a lot of our players.

I must admit I was really impressed by the finishing of Kamberi.

Which leads me to something that I asked in another thread -- do we have an attacking coach, that helps our forwards with their finishing ?
Every player should be constantly trying to improve, whether it's crosses or scoring.

Is Tav being shown how to improve his crossing -- whether it's in timing, accuracy, variation, or whatever ?

He's basically Popeye but where all the strength is in his feet, that's why he constantly over hits it.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed this but Tav has this thing where he constantly skies his shots over the bar in attacking positions.

It’s so frustrating. Every time without fail, it is honestly school boy stuff.

Get over the ball and shoot through it. He did it yesterday again, but it happens regularly at Ibrox. You’d think a player the calibre of Gerrard would pull him aside and practice on his technique.
He has a lot of inabilities.

This has been annoying me for ages, he hardly ever hits the target never mind scores and its pathetic

Said it during the game - where has the 15-20 goal a season guy gone? I get the standard of opposition has gone up since those days but that doesn’t explain his complete lack of goal threat these days.

He started missing penalties that's where the "15-20 goal guy" has gone.

He's really not that good and never a Rangers captain.

Said it during the game - where has the 15-20 goal a season guy gone? I get the standard of opposition has gone up since those days but that doesn’t explain his complete lack of goal threat these days.
I agree, his goal threat from open play has completely dried up, his shooting when he tries is deplorable and to be honest his crossing (his biggest asset we're told) isn't all its cracked up to be.

Skies 9 out of 10. Should be Low across the keeper every time. The chipped 10 yard passes up the wing to the other teams defenders and being shoulder charged off the ball need worked on as well.

Still glad he’s back though as he can drive forward given the chance.

Yep then overhit or underhit the cross.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed this but Tav has this thing where he constantly skies his shots over the bar in attacking positions.

Get over the ball and shoot through it. He did it yesterday again, but it happens regularly at Ibrox. You’d think a player the calibre of Gerrard would pull him aside and practice on his technique.
I'm a big fan of Tav's but everytime I see him running onto a ball on the edge of the box or just inside it I know it's going over.

If he was better at crossing and shooting together with his other attributes then he would of never been a Rangers player, he'd be at a top English team.

Tav is the best RB at the club by miles but he is a shadow of the player he was last season imo.

For all you could criticise his defending and you could because it was weak at times he made up for it by what he brought to the side in attack but not now his crosses have got worse and worse looks laboured going forward and it’s a huge miss.

I’d be looking to cash in on him in the summer.

He's been doing it for most of the season, it's so frustrating to watch.
Failing that he hits the first opposing player with the ball.And as far as being a Captain, im afraid he just not got it to be a leader at a big club like ours.imo.

Goldson is one of the worse headers of a ball ive seen, especially in the oppositions half at set p6eces.He's got a heid like a thrupenny bit.

He's still our top scoring central defender this season suprisingly.

Whenever it is really needed Tav time and time again doesnt produce in pressure moments.

When games aren't going our way rather than pick us up by the scruff of the neck, he produces a shanked cross or a miss hit shot.

Generally he has quality, but for me whenever it comes to the crunch when its needed that quality let's us down.

Follow follow has gone full retard!

Some of the “stats” i have read on this thread

9/10 crossed are far too high
9/10 shots go over the bar

I would challenge any of you to find accuracy on that pitch yesterday, he also got the assist for the second!

14 assists this season and he missed a month - not bad for me!

Our problem is not our right back - but don’t let that stop another thread destroying another player

Follow follow has gone full retard!

Some of the “stats” i have read on this thread

9/10 crossed are far too high
9/10 shots go over the bar

I would challenge any of you to find accuracy on that pitch yesterday, he also got the assist for the second!

14 assists this season and he missed a month - not bad for me!

Our problem is not our right back - but don’t let that stop another thread destroying another player

Total lunacy on here now.

I think that the only problem Tav has is that football comes too easily to him.

A fantastic athlete, sublime first touch, has world-class deliveries and free-kicks 'in his locker' - maybe all this hinders him from working to perfect his game in the way that lesser players do.

We certainly missed him when he was out, though.

Tavs pish end off

He almost always leans back and hits it with the laces. It’s frustrating to watch but at the end of the day he is a right back not a centre forward. Even our centre forward has started doing similar such is his lack of form and confidence.

My biggest gripe with Tav has always been his tenancy to switch off, and the fact he’s supposed to be our leader and clearly isn’t a leader. That being said, he’s a very good player on form and not switching off defensively.

Back