Tav - Aggression

Bigbluebear

Maybe just me but over the last month or so I have felt like Tav has been far more aggressive on the pitch, especially with his tackling. He's actually been quite ferocious at times. It was one aspect of his game that was always a little lacking, IMO, so good to see him adding it.

Agreed, he looked like he really wanted it today, charging into tackles, driving with the ball and covering an insane amount of ground when most of his other team mates were strolling about

My MOTM, and his form over the past month at a time when we’ve faltered has been superb, one things for sure - Tavernier is not the issue

Agreed. Tackles harder, body checks are met with more strength and controlled aggression, he’s snapping at the referee, he’s biting at his players. A ball in the oppositions possession that he would usually stand, is now being met with him going to ground and through ball and player.

He was being criticised by a few today near me, no idea why, he looked like one of a select few who actually wanted to stay in the title race

From RTV you could see at certain times when the camera panned to him that he was really trying to rile the rest of the team up and get us going.

Leading the way.

It’s a great point, there have been times this season where he has just upped the tempo of everything at the right time.
A tackle, a shout, a raise of the arms.

I now look to him at times like today when we’re struggling. It’s been a big criticism of him but I think he has grown into the captains role massively.

Maybe just me but over the last month or so I have felt like Tav has been far more aggressive on the pitch, especially with his tackling. He's actually been quite ferocious at times. It was one aspect of his game that was always a little lacking, IMO, so good to see him adding it.
It's called form,

and over time it will dip and then rise,

happened with Barisic,

when it dipped every man and their dog on here wanted him whip slashed to the edge of his life,

then he hit form and he was brilliant,

and probably the same arseholes said he was brilliant,

nothing to do with the geniuses on FF,

happens to every player,

it is called FORM!!

I think it was the Hearts game, we were more physical in that game than we have been for a long time. Looks as if we've tried to carry that into the games since.

From RTV you could see at certain times when the camera panned to him that he was really trying to rile the rest of the team up and get us going.

The free kick he played backwards at the end of the first half he was getting pelters for.

However before he took it, he was clearly habing a go at the the 2 centre backs saying they should have been in the box!

It's called form,

and over time it will dip and then rise,

happened with Barisic,

when it dipped every man and their dog on here wanted him whip slashed to the edge of his life,

then he hit form and he was brilliant,

and probably the same arseholes said he was brilliant,

nothing to do with the geniuses on FF,

happens to every player,

it is called FORM!!

No, what I am referring to is nothing to do with form.

I'm meaning his general demeanour on the park, not how well he passes the ball or takes a free kick etc

He has an aggression in his game that I haven't see from him before

I fucking love Tav, he’s up there with my all time favourites now. I’ll be telling my grandkids time and again about this superhuman right back who scored and assisted goals at an unnatural rate and who led us from the championship to THE championship.
Yeah but anyone can impress in the Scottish Premiership, ah… but he has done it in the EL and (fingers crossed) the champions league.

No, what I am referring to is nothing to do with form.

I'm meaning his general demeanour on the park, not how well he passes the ball or takes a free kick etc

He has an aggression in his game that I haven't see from him before
It is form,
he has his bad and good days

I fucking love Tav, he’s up there with my all time favourites now. I’ll be telling my grandkids time and again about this superhuman right back who scored and assisted goals at an unnatural rate and who led us from the championship to THE championship.
Yeah but anyone can impress in the Scottish Premiership, ah… but he has done it in the EL and (fingers crossed) the champions league.
He's been that good your grandkids probably won't believe you! A class act

He had a good few moans at Kamara first half and rightly so.

Was always driving forward when he had the ball too

Guy behind me today was so bang out with his abuse of literally every single player we had on the pitch, but Tav was getting it the worst.

Thought Tav was 6.5/10 today, decent performance and I agree with the OP that he’s been carrying himself a lot more like the traditional captain.

A love you for this post!

He is superhuman. He is relentless. He constantly drives up that right wing. His fitness levels and energy is incredible.

Joint top scorer against Aberdeen.

So glad we have Tav as captain. A wonderful wonderful footballer.

Agreed, he looked like he really wanted it today, charging into tackles, driving with the ball and covering an insane amount of ground when most of his other team mates were strolling about

My MOTM, and his form over the past month at a time when we’ve faltered has been superb, one things for sure - Tavernier is not the issue
Cant add much to this.
He reminded me of big ham n egg, putting every thing into it.

The Motherwell equaliser which our goalkeeper let dribble past him on his near post. That one? If he had been aggressive in that situation he would have given away a penalty.
Aye that 1, where tav and goldson both made feeble attempts at the winning the ball.
McGregor letting it in doesn't change that.
He can be aggressive without fouling ffs

Guy behind me today was so bang out with his abuse of literally every single player we had on the pitch, but Tav was getting it the worst.

Thought Tav was 6.5/10 today, decent performance and I agree with the OP that he’s been carrying himself a lot more like the traditional captain.
I had exactly the same mate...every single pass or tackle from a Rangers players was "terrible" or "ridiculous" or "shite" but when we strung some nice moves together....silence!
They were particularly scathing of Tav for some unfathomable reason (maybe regulars on the matchday thread) but I thought he had a great performance today, never stopped the whole game, always made himself available and drove the team on at every opportunity...a real Captains performance!
It was a close toss up for me between Tav and Bassey for MOTM!

The one thing he will never lack is effort and application!

Most of the time he is the only player on the park that's wants the ball. Could be doing with having him further up the field sometimes

He was everywhere.
Carries the team in my opinion.
Those that wanted Paterson instead earlier in the season were off the head as he’s been like that all year.

I’d say the same for Goldson.
We can argue all day if they are good enough, should be captain etc…
But they give everything.

Tav has terrific under Gio in what has been a very mixed bag so far under him.

I'd dread to think where we'd be if he was also out of form like Barisic.

He has proven himself to be a real leader. Never hides and you can see the determination and willingness to get us the right rest. We really need him to keep these performances up!

On RTV you could see him raging with McGregor throughout the first half because he kept fucking up the kick outs to him and borna.

Second half in particular he looked like a one-man team at times. He was everywhere and really trying to drive the rest on.

Worth noting that after listening to Gio's interview on RTV afterwards he said they changed things in the second half in order to let Tav push further forward.

He really is putting massive amounts of effort in and driving the team forward at times when we looking flat.
He really is a leader on the pitch.
He is going to take some replacing.

Back