Tav and Goldson Contracts - what do we do ?

Simple as this. Sign a new deal or play elsewhere next season. But I’m sure there has been conversations and both parties are on the same page. What ever page that is
Would we accept £10m offers for either at this age? Would be interesting if anyone in England came in with a decent bid. So far we've only ever had derisory offers for Tav.

We've not had any key players extend their contracts recently. Only youth players getting tied up on their first big deals.

I think Wilson and Co are waiting until the title is wrapped up before making those kind of moves. Keeps everyone focused during the season. Highly likely the players and their agents are also waiting to see if they can get a better wage post winning the title. That cuts both ways because they'll both receive interest from down south. I'm fairly confident that Tav will stay but I'm less confident about Goldson. He might want to take the chance of playing in the Premier League.

It will be all down to money. We either have to get them on a new contract or sell. This I think will depend on who we sell. If we sell Morelos then we might have a bit more money to play with in regard to contracts. This I think is why we have not give a few of the players new contracts. Some like Morelos we might expect to leave what we don't want is 3-4 leaving in the one season. Also with Tav and Goldson if they get new contracts we are unlikely to get much money later if we want to sell them. It's a complicated situation.

CL will give us more money than we'll get for tav and goldson prob.

Does the EPL even want them?

Personally, Tav especially, has been through thick and think and been loyal the whole way. He will do what's best for Rangers and get us a fee if he moves on.

I think Tav will be at Rangers until he retires to be honest, he didn't exactly have the hottest of careers before us and will get regular european football from now on. Plus his age aswell. No reason to go elsewhere when he's clearly loving life at Rangers (despite some fickle fans at times).
Fucking right. Captain of the best team in the world. I’d be hanging around. This is the highlight of his career IMO.

CL will give us more money than we'll get for tav and goldson prob.

Does the EPL even want them?

Personally, Tav especially, has been through thick and think and been loyal the whole way. He will do what's best for Rangers and get us a fee if he moves on.

I think Tav will be at Rangers until he retires to be honest, he didn't exactly have the hottest of careers before us and will get regular european football from now on. Plus his age aswell. No reason to go elsewhere when he's clearly loving life at Rangers (despite some fickle fans at times).

I agree. Had Tav been 4/5 years younger I think I'd be resigned to losing him at some point. As it is, I think he will stay.

Both have been brilliant this season and fantastic servants to the club .

Ideal scenario is they sign new contracts but what do we do if they want to have a crack at the CL next season and move onto the EPL for free after that ?

Do we allow it as they have been good servants ?

Or do we cash in with plenty options at CB and young Patterson looking excellent at RB ?

My preference would be to get them to sign extensions on the promise next year would be the final season and then cash in ( good age to do it before value plummets ).

Get us into the Champions League through the qualifiers next year and win the league which would hopefully guarantee us CL football the following season and leave as legends to an EPL club for a sizeable few.

Just don’t think it makes good financial sense to let them run down their contracts .

If we can’t agree on a deal then we should let them go imo.

Thoughts ?
We won’t let them run down for %^*& sake. Wouldn’t be surprised if talks are ongoing but we are fully concentrated on the league

I think they are waiting to win the league as they’ll then be in a stronger position to negotiate with the club

Both have been brilliant this season and fantastic servants to the club .

Ideal scenario is they sign new contracts but what do we do if they want to have a crack at the CL next season and move onto the EPL for free after that ?

Do we allow it as they have been good servants ?

Or do we cash in with plenty options at CB and young Patterson looking excellent at RB ?

My preference would be to get them to sign extensions on the promise next year would be the final season and then cash in ( good age to do it before value plummets ).

Get us into the Champions League through the qualifiers next year and win the league which would hopefully guarantee us CL football the following season and leave as legends to an EPL club for a sizeable few.

Just don’t think it makes good financial sense to let them run down their contracts .

If we can’t agree on a deal then we should let them go imo.

Thoughts ?
Ensure both play in the qualifying campaign for the CL. If they don’t sign new deals after that then sell and replace regardless of whether we are in the CL or not. You simply can’t have players in the squad who aren’t committed.

Darren Moore seems like he is a fan of Tavernier, in 2018 when he was WBA manager he made a £3m bid for him.

Moore was recently appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager, maybe he will make another bid.

The average weekly wage in the English Championship is £30k, clubs there can afford to pay much better salaries than the SPL.

Both will NEVER go to a team who will play Europa never mind UCL football imo,which may be a huge incentive. A lot of players are interested in the money which is totally understandable. If the boys leave then I would wish them both well. Imho I don't see both as greedy. I think that they would happily stay.

Darren Moore seems like he is a fan of Tavernier, in 2018 when he was WBA manager he made a £3m bid for him.

Moore was recently appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager, maybe he will make another bid.

The average weekly wage in the English Championship is £30k, clubs there can afford to pay much better salaries than the SPL.
For the “star players” that is the average but it’s nowhere near that for the league average. We can pay the same as that and certainly pay more than Sheff Wed. He wouldn’t go from us to them regardless.

No chance they are leaving! Can you really see our Captain and Vice Captain being offered new deals and the Champions League, after just winning 55 and them say ‘Nah your alright, we’re off to Sheffield!’. Just not happening. Both will be here at least next year on new contracts.

I think we should be doing everything we can to keep Goldson at the club. He will be very difficult to replace given his influence and on pitch leadership.

Tav is less of a worry. Yes, his numbers in the first half of the season have been outstanding but he is blocking the pathway of Nathan Patterson who is ready to be first choice in that position. We could cope without him.

As huge as their contributions have been, particularly Tav, they are replaceable. We've always survived when it comes to replacing key players. If they want to stay because it's likely their only chance of a crack at the CL then that's great but I wouldn't begrudge them if they wanted a crack at the EPL. No poor fees though, 10 million plus each.

One more season at least from the majority of the squad for the tilt at CL.
After that set wheels in motion to strengthen/replace and not end up like the mhanks done in this year's failure,by holding on too long to players.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that we won't offer them new contracts.

Talking about something that is likely not to happen as we're about to lift our first title in a while is mental and frankly stirring sh1te.

Get back under the sofa OP, there's a new variant of COVID going around.

Back