Tav and Goldson

Not Goldsons biggest fan?? and why would that be?

In answer to your question we will not be signing another CH and Zukowski is the back up to Tav.
It's possibly Devine could come in for Tav as well. He's always in the first team training pics.

We're as well covered in central defence as we can be really.

Tav getting injured would be a bigger concern than Goldson, no one is capable of replacing him.

Are we?

Helander - injured
Souttar - injured

Both on a fairly permanent basis if we're being honest

Katic - surplus to requirements
Sands - not bad to fill in but not a long term solution IMO
Davies - hopefully a good signing
King - not ready?

jesus christ

Goldson ....not as good as a defender as he thinks. Where do you start with that? guy has been an abolsute colossus for us, infact one of our best CBS over the last 20 years. Hes been paired with some shite that hasnt helped either. To say he nakes mistakes but recovers is nonesense too. EVERY defender will make mistakes. He is incredibly important to this team and his distribution is brilliant.
And again.....

In true FF fashion, people jumping on the thread 'defending' Goldson because I said I wasn't his biggest fan.

In reality, the thread was about how much trouble we'd be in if he was out injured, but some people love a good argument,eh?
Lol... & then go on to say...

Because I think he can be a bit of a bombscare at times. He quite often gets away with his mistakes (like in the first leg against Union near the end where he gave it away) and occasionally he'll do inexplicable things (like in the Europa final).

But yeah mate, you are obviously pointing out how much trouble we would be in without him...

Silly us.

Lol... & then go on to say...

But yeah mate, you are obviously pointing out how much trouble we would be in without him...

Silly us.

You can't seem to accept that I am not Goldson's biggest fan but yet I can see what he brings to the team.

Just because I can see (in my opinion of course) faults in a player, doesn't mean I can't see the positives they bring as well.

You seem to want to reduce it to one versus the other, when in fact both can be true at the same time.

Silly you.

And by the way, I only pointed out his faults (imo) because I was asked to, it was never my intention to involve that in the original discussion.

Because I think he can be a bit of a bombscare at times. He quite often gets away with his mistakes (like in the first leg against Union near the end where he gave it away) and occasionally he'll do inexplicable things (like in the Europa final).

I just don't think he's that great a defender. He's ever present and a leader that is decent at marshalling the defence (which is why I'd be worried if her were out), but I don't think he's half the player he thinks he is.
I'm sure I watch £50+ million rated central defenders in the premiership making mistakes every week. For what we paid for him Goldson has been a tremendous buy.

You can't seem to accept that I am not Goldson's biggest fan but yet I can see what he brings to the team.

Just because I can see (in my opinion of course) faults in a player, doesn't mean I can't see the positives they bring as well.

You seem to want to reduce it to one versus the other, when in fact both can be true at the same time.

Silly you.

And by the way, I only pointed out his faults (imo) because I was asked to, it was never my intention to involve that in the original discussion.
I can accept your not his biggest fan no problem.

If anyone's getting their knickers in a twist in this thread mate it's you lol...

We have Zukowski and maybe King who can cover RB and options for CB.

Sure, its be a huge loss and we'd have to adjust our playing style to compensate but I wouldn't be too concerned.

Both being out for a while would be tough though.

Back