Tav Back Post

Just a thought and take it for what it’s worth.
It’s coming from somebody who spent most of my working life in a steel plant.

As a full back years ago and after being caught at the back post more than once I made an adjustment in my positioning .
As I ran towards my goal with the ball on the other wing I positioned my body to be half on facing the ball and half on facing my wing.
Awkward but worked most of the time.

Tav always seems to be the most surprised person in the ground anytime somebody taps the ball home at the back post.

A comedy of errors for their goal last night.

4 of our players should have stopped the cross getting to Burke.

Tav was absolutely shite last night but far from the only one.

Must admit I'm not a fan of Tav. He has his assets but the amount of times he gets caught out at the back post or being the last man out and playing everyone onside is incredible.

For me he is like Ricksen: better suited to playing in midfield.

As long s Tav is at full back, we will always loose goals in this fashion, Old Firm, Cup Final, etc.etc., the man just can not defend.

I think you can write off 5 goals a season down to Tav watching his man tap in at the back post while he dreams about whatever he dreams about during games. It is a reality and yes we can blame everyone else in the back 4, but I honestly don't remember as many tap ins at the other post, and neither Wallace or John are good defenders. When you don't learn and repeat the same constant mistake, you are no good at your job I am afraid.

Tav reminds me of Wallace, a few bad results and he's right out there with "we'll do this, we'll do that". Then proceeds to turn in the same dross as before

Since Tav became a Rangers player I have never seen in all my years watching anyone lose or cost us so many goals because of their inability to defend. There isn't really any explanation to it other than he is someone who obviously cannot be coached to the level required probably because he cannot or will not carry out instructions. I'm sick saying this but just get rid and get a defender, it's that easy.

Back