Tav Can't Defend

GioVanB

r1msys.jpg

Funny how things change, the guy used to get slaughtered on here by the majority of posters for how shocking he was at defending,

Hold my hands up ive gave him dogs abuse. But he is certainly shoving any words ive said down my throat

Funny how things change, the guy used to get slaughtered on here by the majority of posters for how shocking he was at defending,

He was never shocking at defending.

He had Waghorn or MoH in front of him, Kiernan beside him and Halliday as defensive mid. That lot would have made Cafu himself look bad.

He is our best and most valuable player IMO.

In fairness he has improved his defending but he used to be pretty poor. I put the improvement down to the fact that Murty was a full back.

He had Waghorn or MoH in front of him, Kiernan beside him and Halliday as defensive mid. That lot would have made Cafu himself look bad.

Yes he is having a blinder this season but I won't ever forget the abuse he took on here by most.

Just saying it's funny how things change and everyone jumps on the bandwagon, guy used to get absolutely slaughtered on here.

I would offer whatever it takes to get him to sign a new contract. He's a fantastic player. The cross for Alfie's goal, the pass to Windass when he won the penalty, utter class. He showed guts and composure to score the penalty. Then not content with that, his defending was also top drawer. He was so brave to slide in and prevent a certain goal.

He is the standard of player we need for 55 and beyond. Outstanding performance once again from him.

And to be fair he was fairly average at times but he has improved, a lot, which is great to see.

It also helps both fullbacks having pace and proper midfielders ahead of them as they don't need to attack all the time

And to be fair he was fairly average at times but he has improved, a lot, which is great to see.

It also helps both fullbacks having pace and proper midfielders ahead of them as they don't need to attack all the time

It was always consistency that his problem was, he's a machine and when he plays the way he can nobody can get near him.

Im glad to see him turn it around.

Tav can defend, tonight showed that, he just needs to do it for 90 minutes every match. He is getting there, he has improved as a defender over the past few months and will only get better if he keeps at it.

I have always rated him and always will.

Tavernier has shown he can defend. I'm delighted for him and us. Tavernier now needs to defend well consistently and I certainly hope he does, he was very good tonight.

Tav was outstanding tonight on the front and back foot.

Get him signed up on a new extended deal, stick a 7 or 8 mill release clause in it and pay him accordingly.

Easy MOTM performance from him tonight.

Sit Tav down tomorrow and put a contract in front of him he can’t refuse with a £7m release clause in it ... he was superb again

The difference a defensive minded manager can make along with better quality around him, plus you can't overlook the effort Candeias puts in helping him out! Special mention to Wes too as the last resort, outstanding tonight, plus Martin and Bates were solid, top stuff!

I was coming on to give you some amount of abuse when I saw the thread title haha!

New contract signed will be the perfect end to an outstanding window let’s get it done!

Tav is superb, always rated him and in our current financial position there is no way in hell we can replace him.

Get him signed up

Agreed - I would go as far to say on current form and with his ability and athleticism to go past players score and assist goals he's outright the best player in Scotland

He was sensational against mentally challengeds last game as well

You always get I told you so threads like these after a fine performance,tav got flak when he wasn’t up to scratch just like any other player. To suggest he’s always been good is frankly nonsense!
Bates,tav,fod,Windass,Wilson,holt,candeias and plenty others have had bad games & copped it but all have played well recently so credit where credits due,let’s hope there’s no more lapses & these guys can be consistently good:cool:

MOTM tonight. How good he is at defending is a debate for another day.

Wes was almost as good.

Morelos had a poor game by his standards but still got a goal. That's what you get from him, he going to be a very good player.

That tackle at the end where Wes parries the ball and it falls into the 6 yard box. 2 Aberdeen players queuing up to smash it in but the brick wall slid in and went right through the 2 of them as if they weren't there.

Makes me proud, so it does.

As I'm old school "Tav's capable of defending when he's asked" and not just jumping on the bandwagon like the rest of you, I want to make another point:)

In the games where he plays with more discipline like tonight or against the beggars I think he's also a bigger threat going forward because he gets more of a run on the opposition. When he's hanging around on the opponent's offside line teams are able to account for him easier and alot of the passing between him and Candeias is static. Both of them are more dangerous when they are playing on the move and can use their pace and understanding to create gaps to run into.

In that last 20 (not forgetting all he done before either) he played like a Rangers captain. When he came out our box on the left, with the ball, the head was up, the chest was out and he looked the part.

MOTM for me

On top of his defending, I'm giving him two assists and a goal for our two goals :D

Incredible performance. Bordering on the perfect performance

Back