The footage when Tav orders "go, go, go" to win the ball back leading up to Arfield's goal

100% mate and our manager was one of the best so im sure he has a fair idea of what is needed from a captain.
That's what I was thinking when Tav's credentials were getting questioned, even by myself at points during the turn of the year. I've always seen what he brings to the team both going forward and in defence but I did worry about the captaincy possibly weighing him down. Thinking about it properly though, Gerrard was one of the best captains to ever play the game. It'd easy to look at things in isolation but his performance in Istanbul was almost supernatural, so as you say I thought that if anyone knew how to pick a captain then it would be Gerrard.

With that said, we have a squad full of men who deserve to wear the Rangers Jersey now. I have no doubt that McGregor, Goldson, Jack, Davis, Arfield and Defoe are just as responsible as the skipper for keeping standards high in the dressing room. You don't need an armband to be a captain. Just absolutely loving being a Bear right now!

not sure what it is about that camera angle but fucking hell the intensity makes me feel nauseous

Kent barely even looks and knows exactly where to place the ball, its frightening. you dont see that at 5s on a Monday.

Morelos is nearly always the first to congratulate the scorers. I know he'll be close but still no huffs. I've also noticed he's always looking for other players as if he wants to make sure everyone gets involved!
Didn't you both notice he took the 2 defenders out the play?

That is just brilliant viewing.

There’s a real togetherness and a steely determination on show there.

Wonderful stuff

Didn’t realise Arfield was a soprano. That’s brilliant footage though it’s brilliant being able to hear every bit of communication between the players.

Could hear a few high pitched screams at points last night. One when Roofe missed the one on one and I think another at Tav’s free kick.

I certainly did, but I was replying to a post about him enjoying the goal, and said my observation on that. It goes against some of the press he gets, he is very much part of the team.
Sorry I did get your point about him enjoying the goal!just lots of alfie dislikes last night ,although not playing g well, still is a threat,and I do thi k lots of people missed that wee bit last night !

not sure what it is about that camera angle but fucking hell the intensity makes me feel nauseous

Kent barely even looks and knows exactly where to place the ball, its frightening. you dont see that at 5s on a Monday.
Exactly Kent didn’t look as he disguised the pass. 100% he bluffed that he was cutting it back to Buf.

Great footage thanks for posting OP.

Exactly Kent didn’t look as he disguised the pass. 100% he bluffed that he was cutting it back to Buf.

Great footage thanks for posting OP.

Its on RTV the inside Ibrox series they do. Well worth the 6 quid a month for the content they produce now.

I for one am willing to humbly admit I was one of many who claimed tav in his early stages as captain was “never a rangers captain “ how happy I am to have been proven wrong

Brilliant footage.

As an aside, as soon as we won that ball back I felt we'd make them pay. Another brilliant Europa League goal - we've scored a few crackers in that competition this season.

That goal was the first time all night we hunted them high up the park and won the ball in a position to harm them

Wee Scotty with his squeaking

wonder who that is shouting “go on scotty”
Is it Tav as well?

Yeah but he's not captain material brigade eating a lot of humble pie this season
Not to put a dampener on things but this was also said last season and the season before and both times it was the other half that were left eating humble pie.

I’ll gladly eat it at the end of the season if (or when) he lifts the title but I think people were right to have reservations because he really didn’t look like a captain when we were up shit creek last season and being vocal on the pitch is a common trait among the players in general, that’s how the game is played.

Tav has played in nineteen games since the end of August, inclusive of the 29th away to Hamilton, and scored in thirteen of them.

This happens in every game , could easily play a clip at the other end and the SL players would be shouting. even last season when we weren’t playing well Tav was vocal , it’s part of the game it happens at amatuer level. Don’t get the point of the OP.

Sounds like Goldson shouting "KEEP KEEP KEEP" until it gets to Borna.

Could also be that Pep thing where when you win posession back have certain amount of seconds to counter or they then calm it down and start again? A duno lol
Good spot. Don't know about the Pep coaching explanation, but enjoyed your input. Really good thread and interesting insight.

He's always been vocal on the pitch but because he doesn't throw his arms around like a little girl, people say he isn't captain material.
The last thing I did in Ibrox was argue with a guy who was screaming that Tav was to GTF and he was never a captain.

Needless to say, he never stuck around for 90 minutes

Barry Ferguson was a right moany bastard, but I can't recall any Rangers captain in my lifetime screaming and shouting on the pitch.

Brilliant footage on the Inside Ibrox.
It’s the kind of stuff you never get to hear with fans in.
Even before the Borna FK you can hear Tav shout to Kent to be ready in case the keeper parries the shot.
£6 a month is an absolute bargain for anyone who doesn’t have the full package.

I always hear Goldson and I must admit I still thought it was him when I watched it.

thought it was him shouting “go on Scotty” as Arfield shoots.

But now I’m watching it again it’s more than one voice I think!

I always hear Goldson and I must admit I still thought it was him when I watched it.

thought it was him shouting “go on Scotty” as Arfield shoots.

But now I’m watching it again it’s more than one voice I think!
Tav “go” Goldson “keep”

The vision from Tav to see the opportunity for the press and the awareness from Kamara and "Raz" to pull it off. Years of practice put to work there.

And people call footballers thick. That's split second thinking and timing there.
100% great point

We are building a really well oiled machine , very evident what has been drilled week in week out at training

This happens in every game , could easily play a clip at the other end and the SL players would be shouting. even last season when we weren’t playing well Tav was vocal , it’s part of the game it happens at amatuer level. Don’t get the point of the OP.

We never get to hear it due to crowds so the inside Ibrox clips are good wee insight and a bit different from the norm.

Back