Tav extends contract

james-tavernier-tav.gif

Buzzing with this, weird one not to say how long it's for right enough.

Announce more extensions please!

You just know Our Tav will be around the club long after he hangs his boots up , we love you Tav now and forever . You make us proud mate...WATP

Don't know why this is a suprise; he was always re-signing.
Show me one person who has acted surprised.

Very weird not to tell us how long it's for mind you. No mention of how long the extension is, what year it takes him to, and the "well into his 30s" comment shows it's a deliberate choice.

Anyway, absolutely fantastic news.

Great news

However that has to be the strangest worded contract extension article I've ever read
Our club communications are normally generally poor, but to not clarify the finer details.......like what is the contract length, is bizarre even by our standards.

250k we paid for him in 21st century. I at least hope someone had the decency to wear a mask when making that deal.

It was widely reported when the news broke that he was signing a new deal that he would extend to 2026.

Chris Jack's article says "The captain has put pen-to-paper on an extension to his deal - which was due to expire in 2024 - and will now remain at the club into his mid-thirties".
In 2026 he will be 34.

Think it will be a 2 year hence him showing the 2 on the back of his top (even though its his squad number) .. a great signing and a bona-fida club legend securing us the best right back in Britain for a longer time .. really grew into the Captains role also over the last few years :)

Back