Tav extends contract

What a servant he's been - and continues to be for our club.
The hall of fame awaits

Great news. Hopefully here till the end of his playing days.

Very happy with that but we need the other two as well please. No names needed.

Transfermarkt has James Tavernier contract up in 2024, so his new contract will probably be up in 2026 (that's if transfermrkt is accurate though)

C'mon Tav time to add more league titles and domestic cups to your name.

If he does that he'll go down as our of our all time greats.

Been our best player since he signed imo

Considering the talent that has came into team since he signed that's some feat.

Will add more trophies to his name as captain
There was a time, a couple of years into his tenure as right back, when plenty of our fans (myself included) were calling for his head and the cry "get him subbed" reverberated around the ground.
Humble pie and words eaten by this bear.
Captain Fantastic and a club legend.

Great news, nice to see someone enjoying their privileged position, a fantastic loyal servant worthy of the captains armband.

Transfermarkt has James Tavernier contract up in 2024, so his new contract will probably be up in 2026 (that's if transfermrkt is accurate though)
He turns 31 in October this year. Joined Rangers in July 2015. Currently contracted to 31 May 2024 (according to Transfermarkt) so a 1 year extension to May 2025 would see him just short of 10 years at the Club - but having played for 10 seasons. Or would we give him a 2 year extension, to just short of his 36th birthday, to take him over the 10 years? I suspect it will be the latter.

I’d love it if he got to 10 years with us.

To borrow a WWE term… he’s a future hall of famer.

James Tavernier will go down as a Rangers legend. Such a humble and down to earth lad. The ultimate professional and his fitness is next level stuff.

Hopefully has one more European Final left in him wearing that armband

By the time he leaves he could have been at Rangers for over a decade; really glad he has signed an extension.

He turns 31 in October this year. Joined Rangers in July 2015. Currently contracted to 31 May 2024 (according to Transfermarkt) so a 1 year extension to May 2025 would see him just short of 10 years at the Club - but having played for 10 seasons. Or would we give him a 2 year extension, to just short of his 36th birthday, to take him over the 10 years? I suspect it will be the latter.
I seen it reported online a few weeks ago, he was signing a new contract till 2026, not sure how accurate though, I think it was chris jack that reported it, not too sure though

alan-partridge-table.gif

As fans, we have had our ups and downs with Tav but he's been through it all with us and then some and he's led us every step of the way as our Captain and its fkn brilliant that he will continue to do so

Future hall of famer, legend, in fact I'd give him a testimonial

Back