Tav Free Kick at the End

No one said they were cafu just that they can defend better than Tav which tbh ye can't really argue. I was missing a Tav thread without your input tbh. =D.

Can they defend better though? Flanagan regularly gets hauled off at half time for being rotten, and Polster is only trusted against the poorest of opposition.

If I seen SG slumped in the dougou id think I’m letting This guy down with my poor play and up it to get him buzzing and giving me hugs at the end of the match I had helped my team win.
I guess we are all individual and motivated in other ways.
Can they defend better though? Flanagan regularly gets hauled off at half time for being rotten, and Polster is only trusted against the poorest of opposition.
I don't think either of them give more going forward and truth be told haven't seen enough of polster to even pretend I know how he is but I'm pretty sure Flanagan is the better defender still. What people would do well to remember that Tav isn't Cafu either and need to stop acting like he's untouchable due to his goals and assist figures. In my eyes all the good attacking play goes out the window when your throwing games away due to your inability to defend. I'll sacrifice 2 goals and an assist in the pumping of Aberdeen if it meant we got 3 points on Sunday per say. Thats just my opinion everyone is different.

I don't think either of them give more going forward and truth be told haven't seen enough of polster to even pretend I know how he is but I'm pretty sure Flanagan is the better defender still. What people would do well to remember that Tav isn't Cafu either and need to stop acting like he's untouchable due to his goals and assist figures. In my eyes all the good attacking play goes out the window when your throwing games away due to your inability to defend. I'll sacrifice 2 goals and an assist in the pumping of Aberdeen if it meant we got 3 points on Sunday per say. Thats just my opinion everyone is different.

What about the win at Killie where in the dying seconds Tav dragged the team forward, won the corner, and then delivered it? Goldson scored that goal, but Tav made it, on his own, from almost nothing other than his determination to get forward and make something happen.

Two very poor performances recently aside the free kick at the last minute today says a lot about Tav. Barasic wants it, Tav sends him away knowing that it is on Barasic's side (left footed) and he has been deadly from similar range. Tav knows he himself is not scoring/shooting from there and will have to put in a cross on a day that his deliveries have been terrible. Selfishly put himself before the team, denying us our best chance of scoring to win the game in the last minute. Does not deserve to be captain for this as much if not more than for poor performances. Davis should be our captain.
After time to think and look back I think Tav doesn't fancy it when games come down to physicality, even in run of the mill games he comes off worst in the majority of physical one on one's, in the air even more so. This is where his game suffers, he isn't a physical type of player and unfortunately probably the majority of our SPL games are physical. Teams in this league who used to play a bit are seeing physical teams getting results against us n the mentally challengeds and naturally doing the same. Guys have said he misses Candeias and they are spot on he done a load of work covering him both positional and physically this is why it's more apparent this season. We don't need two players to cover right back we need one good one, tavs true position for me is right wing or right midfield. As for the Captaincy these physical games need a strong physical Captain leading by example and making sure his team mates have the same commitment as he does. We are going to face these type of games more and more in the SPL so we need to be equipped for them, I'm not sure we are.

It's easy to Captain teams scudding them 4, 5 or 6 nil at Ibrox not so much when the chips are down.

What about the win at Killie where in the dying seconds Tav dragged the team forward, won the corner, and then delivered it? Goldson scored that goal, but Tav made it, on his own, from almost nothing other than his determination to get forward and make something happen.
OK I'll give you that one example but do I sound stupid saying I expect no less really? Sometimes I honestly just think his cons outweigh his benefits in some situations. I personally think most of the goals we concede from open play come down our right side. When the team is back against the wall defending its poor tavs position that gets the old heart in the mouth. I don't know what the solution is and I'm not gonna sit here pretending I do but our rb position is an issue.

OK I'll give you that one example but do I sound stupid saying I expect no less really? Sometimes I honestly just think his cons outweigh his benefits in some situations. I personally think most of the goals we concede from open play come down our right side. When the team is back against the wall defending its poor tavs position that gets the old heart in the mouth. I don't know what the solution is and I'm not gonna sit here pretending I do but our rb position is an issue.

He's involved in nearly every single goal we score. For me, his pros far outweigh his cons and we'd be far worse off without his contributions.

He's involved in nearly every single goal we score. For me, his pros far outweigh his cons and we'd be far worse off without his contributions.
Well let's hope he gets firing again soon as he's just not giving anytiing the last month or 2 he's actually been stinking by his own standards and I've never rated him as a defender but he's taking his woeful form to a new level recently. If you look at the games he has contributed in this season it wouldn't have made a difference outwith the Kilmarnock game you mentioned.

Tav regressed to the way he played under Warburton but he has no real competition for his place and complacency and the loss of Candeias has made him look more vulnerable.
Also Jack comes out the middle and helps when he's pushing up his loss was also noticed against Hearts.
I rate Tav and when on song he's the first name on the team sheet but he's having a bit of a mare now.

Two very poor performances recently aside the free kick at the last minute today says a lot about Tav. Barasic wants it, Tav sends him away knowing that it is on Barasic's side (left footed) and he has been deadly from similar range. Tav knows he himself is not scoring/shooting from there and will have to put in a cross on a day that his deliveries have been terrible. Selfishly put himself before the team, denying us our best chance of scoring to win the game in the last minute. Does not deserve to be captain for this as much if not more than for poor performances. Davis should be our captain.
Always an inswinger from there, especially in the last minute. Make the ball travel towards goal. See what happens.

Don't drag me into this. lol;);)

If I remember correctly davis got absolutely no stick the last time he was captain :confused: Definitely wasnt anyone saying he "wasnt captain material"
He wasn’t given stick but he wasn’t a demonstrative captain.
However, there were plenty who thought he wasn’t a good captain.

Well let's hope he gets firing again soon as he's just not giving anytiing the last month or 2 he's actually been stinking by his own standards and I've never rated him as a defender but he's taking his woeful form to a new level recently. If you look at the games he has contributed in this season it wouldn't have made a difference outwith the Kilmarnock game you mentioned.
Not even to the goal difference column?
That’s not important?

Back