Tav injured or off form ?

He is a decent footballer but a tremendous athlete.
This season he is not looking like a tremendous athlete and the decent footballer has become very ordinary.
If Paterson was still here, he would have replaced him, all things being equal.

If he is carrying an injury then it is a fckn disgrace.

No idea what’s going on with him but he has been brutal this season. I hate to criticise him because he has been superb and I was fed up with the many throbbers who gave him abuse for pretty much anything but there’s never been a truer saying that “You’re only as good as your last game.”
He seems to be going backwards at an alarming pace.

This is going to sound bizarre but he kicks the ball differently this season, keeps doing wee stabbed touches that I’ve never seen him do before. As I said bizarre thing I’ve picked up on and no idea if it makes him worse or better.

Different level in the UCL. We best teams relegated from the UCL last season. That's the difference.
Look, there is a different level, but Dortmund aren't a gulf away from Liverpool.
I see that Bruges are managing a fist in the CL.
Teams that go into UEFA often miss out of staying in the CL by a whisker.
So I am still not buying it.

He in on the downward spiral now having had his
He is a decent footballer but a tremendous athlete.
This season he is not looking like a tremendous athlete and the decent footballer has become very ordinary.
If Paterson was still here, he would have replaced him, all things being equal.

If he is carrying an injury then it is a fckn disgrace.
He’s not been at his rampaging best, but his colleague on the other side is a far bigger concern for me.
Not for me Tav is offering nothing in attack and he’s hopeless at defending.looks shit scared to do anything positive.

Look, there is a different level, but Dortmund aren't a gulf away from Liverpool.
I see that Bruges are managing a fist in the CL.
Teams that go into UEFA often miss out of staying in the CL by a whisker.
So I am still not buying it.
Fair enough but I strongly disagree. When we played Dortmund last year, they had already been given a paddling by Ajax and papped out if the UCL. Then they lost Halland. It was still an achievement to beat them though but it's another level competing with the UCL runners up away from home, Ajax - the paddlers of Dortmund- away from home and the team on top of Serie A - with ten men.

And we have had ro do all that without Bassey and Aribo, players good enough for Ajax and the EPL.

Bruges may be getting a few good results, but their group is nowhere near as tough as ours and there is usually an exception that proves the rule.

Fair enough but I strongly disagree. When we played Dortmund last year, they had already been given a paddling by Ajax and papped out if the UCL. Then they lost Halland. It was still an achievement to beat them though but it's another level competing with the UCL runners up away from home, Ajax - the paddlers of Dortmund- away from home and the team on top of Serie A - with ten men.

And we have had ro do all that without Bassey and Aribo, players good enough for Ajax and the EPL.

Bruges may be getting a few good results, but their group is nowhere near as tough as ours and there is usually an exception that proves the rule.
The only rule is that you pick your best team and then you go onto the playing field and compete all over the park.
If you want an exception to that rule, I give you Rangers in Amsterdam and tonight.

Constantly gave the ball away tonight and it's not the first game this season he has been guilty of this, could be doing with a few games on the bench.

That's because he had absolutely no options tonight. Midfield was non existent. We looked so nervous on the ball, no composure at all.

He's clearly injured, mentioned by the manager but as usual we know more about the whereabouts of DB Cooper than our injuries and our fantastic transfer dealing we sold our only back up right back and didn't replace him.

That's because he had absolutely no options tonight. Midfield was non existent. We looked so nervous on the ball, no composure at all.
Agree about the midfield mate but there's been a few games now where Tav gets the ball then plays it slightly too far in front and loses it or he tries a pass and it's just poked in the general direction of one if our players and is usually picked off by an opponent.

Both.

Tonight made him look completely out of depth at this level.

But he's not even getting the basics right or the things we know he's good at.

Summed up when his freekick barely got off the ground and hit straight into the wall.

what’s going on with him this season? is he injured? looks miles off it . Him and tillman were rank rotten on the right hand side tonight.
I think all of this season he has been picking up the ball too inside. I'd like to see him collect more on the line and see more of his devastating crosses heading in for our striker.

our pre season fitness training hasnt been upto scratch as long as gio and maakay get in a round of rondos

no wonder we never showed training on rtv in the summer

Tonight showed his physicality and athleticism excels in Scotland but he is a division below the elite of the English premiership. That's no criticism of Tav he always gives his all for Rangers.

He's definitely carrying an injury. He should be taken out of the team until he's 100% again
Don't mean to sound aggressive but that's Bellshill

There is zero reason not to engage the man in the lead up to the 1st goal, half hearted pish, also, his distribution tonight was abysmal, not good enough as a player again never mind as our captain

Different level in the UCL. We best teams relegated from the UCL last season. That's the difference.
Correct. Dortmund were handed their arse on a plate home and away by Ajax last season (7 - 1 on aggregate) in the CL group stages and that was with Haaland playing in Amsterdam.

He looks like he’s carrying an injury, he’s had his bad games but he’s always been consistently good most of the time…

With Warburton and Gerrard,Tav was pivotal to our attacking threat but Gio prefers the more orthodox wingers and Tav can’t play to that system.

We either have to stick or twist with our captain who has been fundamental in our recovery. If we stick we need a new manager and that will be dictated by how Tav fits into his team, to me that’s not sustainable.

Doesn't have the zip he has had. I suspect he is not 100%fit. Devine is as said elsewhere about a year away from being able to play regularly if he is to the standard required. Difficult situation for us.

Or Leipzig or Braga.
The difference being all those teams were dumped out the UCL. Last nights opposition have been in 3 of the last 5 finals , if and it’s a big if we can get a point at Ibrox we might have a shoot out for third with Ajax on the last game

Its simple.

Ryan Jack.

Owen and Ferdinand made a point about Henderson filling and allowing TAA to attack.

Swap the names. We have the exact same issue.

Back