Tav looked so far off it today

McGregor completely mistimed it.

Tav was only a few feet away from him. You’re not expecting your trustworthy keeper to completely miss the ball.

That’s not talking shite, thats the reality.

Only someone with an agenda would lay any blame at Tav’s door for that goal.

You're trying to justify how football works to a guy, who in the past has said Luis Suarez is an average footballer, has had to issue an apology thread to Tav and who has had to retire a previous moniker because of his posting diarrhoea that he was rinsed for consistently.

RSEA takes the piss in this thread but nothing comes close to Scaramanga levels of not having a clue.

Think Tav misses Ryan Jack more than anybody, dont think hes got the same confidence in bombing forward when Aribo or Kamara are to fill in for him.

I wonder if it’s maybe just a bit of burnout? He’s played an astronomical number of games in his time here and regardless of his peak professionalism and fitness it’s bound to take some sort of toll eventually.

I agree re the Morelos chance though, I agree re McGregor making an arse of it, players do make individual errors. There is no straws to clutch at, it is comment on an event that took place during the game.

Fair enough mate. I actually don't agree with blaming individual players for goals we concede because more often than not there are a collection of errors that lead to the goal conceded. However, on the very rare occasion like Saturday, I think it's fair to say McGregor takes the blame for an event that is 100% his responsibility to deal with given where the ball was and his positioning.

Fair enough mate. I actually don't agree with blaming individual players for goals we concede because more often than not there are a collection of errors that lead to the goal conceded. However, on the very rare occasion like Saturday, I think it's fair to say McGregor takes the blame for an event that is 100% his responsibility to deal with given where the ball was and his positioning.

It was his responsibility, yes, just as the situation with McKay Steven was Tavs responsibility to deal with

We are in a dog fight on all fronts. We simply must play players who have shown some form for then foreseeable.

Patterson has to start Thursday
But how can anyone say Patterson is in form?

Against Hibs he was garbage for 70 minutes. Crossing constantly hit the first man or over hit. He was poor.

Sure he setup a goal but that was it if we’re being honest of his full match performance. He was lucky not to be subbed before the goal.

Scotland - first half mince. Second half decent.

Folk are making out that Patterson is on fire and Tav is having a nightmare which doesn’t reflect reality.

Against Hibs he was garbage for 70 minutes. Crossing constantly hit the first man or over hit. He was poor.

Sure he setup a goal but that was it if we’re being honest of his full match performance. He was lucky not to be subbed before the goal.

Folk are making out that Patterson is on fire and Tav is having a nightmare which doesn’t reflect reality.

Patterson's relative inexperience will result in inconsistency from game-to-game and even within individual games, as you mention.

The question is whether you play him through this now due to his potential and how we hope/expect him to progress. On current form, Tav is not that far ahead of Patterson.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tav on Thursday with NP on Sunday.

That's his problem he has zero confidence, it's not a trait for a captain of our club I am afraid.
100% correct. That Rangers captain should inspire the other players when they're short on confidence. He shouldn't sulk and let his head go down because his on-field buddy is injured. I know it's considered sacrilege to utter any criticism of Tav due to his goal and assist stats but a captain he ain't. Call me a Tav hater if you wish but I'm tired of dancing round this issue. We need and deserve better.

I mean you said he was garbage for 70 minutes despite him playing in a cross that got us back in the game on 60..he was impressive for most of the second half against them
One cross. For 70 minutes he piss poor.

I like Patterson and rate him highly but I’m not going to pretend he’s played well if he hasn’t.

It seems some are

One cross. For 70 minutes he piss poor.

I like Patterson and rate him highly but I’m not going to pretend he’s played well if he hasn’t.

It seems some are
I'm not so sure it's just a Tav v Patterson the footballers though.

The team are in a pretty awful rut, nobody is playing well and Patterson at least brings a freshness, a look to the future even.

Maybe Tav is just the poster boy of a team that is on the turn?

Who knows - it's been a tough watch this season though and I'm certainly not adverse to changing things up a bit.

I'm not so sure it's just a Tav v Patterson the footballers though.

The team are in a pretty awful rut, nobody is playing well and Patterson at least brings a freshness, a look to the future even.

Maybe Tav is just the poster boy of a team that is on the turn?

Who knows - it's been a tough watch this season though and I'm certainly not adverse to changing things up a bit.
I’m not against making changes either

For Thursday I’d have McGregor and Morelos benched. McGregor has been suspect for a few goals this season IMO and Morelos has been woeful and is missing chance after chance

You claim I am rewriting Patterson’s performance against Hibs

He was fortunate not to be whipped off at HT due to his first half performance which carried into the second half although granted he did improve in the last 20-25.

Going by some of the comments on here, you’d think he was sensational against Hibs and for Scotland and that Tav has been playing like Ricky Foster

Patterson is the future, and for me the future is now.

If Tav wasn't captain, would his position be under threat more? Barasic isn't captain and Gerrard seems far more willing to rotate in Bassey.

If Gerarrd wasn't able to refresh the squad via money and mix it up, then we need to use youth and different options. Patterson deserves that chance, and that chance should allow for him to make mistakes and play through bad games.

It concerns me and since Malmo I have had the niggling worry that Gerrards reliance on his go to guys might cost us.

We have rotated Davis, and I would argue that our midfield in parts on Saturday looked really good.

Time to try the same with Tav.

You claim I am rewriting Patterson’s performance against Hibs

He was fortunate not to be whipped off at HT due to his first half performance which carried into the second half although granted he did improve in the last 20-25.

Going by some of the comments on here, you’d think he was sensational against Hibs and for Scotland and that Tav has been playing like Ricky Foster
There is chat about this exact thing on H and H this week, you come across like the extremist example of what they talk about when referencing people looking to protect Tav, Ricky Foster, fck you talking about Christ sake.

Last edited:
You don’t half talk a load of shite. Players should never sit there and ‘expect’ or bank on anything happening, you prepare for the worst and ready yourself, you stay with your man. Same way strikers don’t expect keepers to hold shots and are always following in for a rebound.

But love the extreme irony of you always willing and ready to tear Morelos down but all too happy to pretend mistakes just aren’t there when it’s a player you don’t have a petty grudge against. Tragic
On this one, you’re in gold medal position.

If we're willing to bring in earlier phases of play then why not go the full hog and go all the way back to the sitter Morelos missed that would have at best killed the game dead and at worst given Hearts a mere consolation.

Clutching at straws works many ways.
You can’t criticise Morelos for anything on follow follow mate you will just get accused of being a “Morelos hater”.

Tav is easily the most criticised player in our squad and yet I don’t see the same posters accuse anyone of being a “Tav hater”

On this one, you’re in gold medal position.

Think that’s you and the rest of the Tavernier FC fans. Embarrassing shite, as it usually is when he’s at fault and the blame shifts. The most criticised player apparently, who just happens to have a sizeable portion of fans who blame his every error on someone else. Either that or simply refuse to accept there was an error as in this case where letting the scorer go suddenly isn’t a mistake.

Meanwhile you can’t criticise Morelos, the guy who most of the forum wanted replaced with Jason Cummings at one point. It’s like some fans live in the bizarro world where black is white and up is down.

Tav, Morelos and Borna would all be putting in much better performances if Helander, Jack and Kent were on the pitch.

With them out we lose much of our defensive and offensive backbone and threat. Just an observation.

Think that’s you and the rest of the Tavernier FC fans. Embarrassing shite, as it usually is when he’s at fault and the blame shifts.
Some might be Tavernier fc fans in your book but you’re definitely the one of the biggest Morelos Fc fans on this forum.

If Morelos buries that absolute sitter( about his 8th so far this season btw) we win that game on Saturday.

Some folk are just desperate for that to be the case.

Thankfully our manager and coaching staff pick the team and not the ones on here that masquerade as Rangers supporters, while spouting their hatred for the Rangers captain/Scottish Footballer of the Year/most assists by any fullback in the UK 2 seasons on the bounce/record number of goals for a full back in a season/and so on and so on.

If Tavernier had committed as basic an error as McGregor had on Saturday, some folk on here would've been contacting their MP to raise a motion in parliament to get him dropped.

McGregor was 100% to blame for the goal and Morelos equally culpable for missing 4 clear cut chances, yet what's the biggest thread about culpability?
Suprise suprise, it's on our captain.

You need to be a unique level of clueless to try and pin any blame on Tavernier for Hearts goal.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm a fan of both McGregor and Morelos, but don't have any particular favourites in the team, so I'm happy to praise, or criticise any player in our team, depending on how they've played.

Some might be Tavernier fc fans in your book but you’re definitely the one of the biggest Morelos Fc fans on this forum.

If Morelos buries that absolute sitter( about his 8th so far this season btw) we win that game on Saturday.

That’s the difference though isn’t it, I can front up and say Morelos cost us dear at the weekend (as I have done already, and several times too). Whereas the rest can’t even bring themselves to admit Tavernier’s at fault when he’s switched off and HIS man has scored the equaliser.

McGregor was at fault for the goal though.

Yes he was, again that’s something else I’ve already said. That doesn’t mean that Tavernier isn’t partially culpable for letting his man go. Something people would have no trouble accepting if it had been any other player, but of course it was Tavernier, so this now becomes the only occasion in football where switching off and letting the scorer go isn’t actually an error.

That second goal against Malmo is schoolboy stuff from Tav.

Him and Alfie have been riding their luck this season. They both look mentally weak. Saying that they are not alone.

Put it this way if we got a penalty in our next game l wouldn't put money on any of those two scoring it.

Thankfully our manager and coaching staff pick the team and not the ones on here that masquerade as Rangers supporters, while spouting their hatred for the Rangers captain/Scottish Footballer of the Year/most assists by any fullback in the UK 2 seasons on the bounce/record number of goals for a full back in a season/and so on and so on.

If Tavernier had committed as basic an error as McGregor had on Saturday, some folk on here would've been contacting their MP to raise a motion in parliament to get him dropped.

McGregor was 100% to blame for the goal and Morelos equally culpable for missing 4 clear cut chances, yet what's the biggest thread about culpability?
Suprise suprise, it's on our captain.

You need to be a unique level of clueless to try and pin any blame on Tavernier for Hearts goal.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm a fan of both McGregor and Morelos, but don't have any particular favourites in the team, so I'm happy to praise, or criticise any player in our team, depending on how they've played.
Agreed. Some go to great lengths to somehow shoehorn Tavernier into it being his error/fault for any goal lost.

Not so long ago a poster had him at fault for Hibs first and 3rd goals in the 2016 final. Madness.

100% correct mate but FF knows best.

Think that’s you and the rest of the Tavernier FC fans. Embarrassing shite, as it usually is when he’s at fault and the blame shifts. The most criticised player apparently, who just happens to have a sizeable portion of fans who blame his every error on someone else. Either that or simply refuse to accept there was an error as in this case where letting the scorer go suddenly isn’t a mistake.

Meanwhile you can’t criticise Morelos, the guy who most of the forum wanted replaced with Jason Cummings at one point. It’s like some fans live in the bizarro world where black is white and up is down.
Blaming him for the goal based on not anticipating an error by his own is beyond madness and is nothing like a striker anticipating an error by the opposition keeper.

Or you could look at it the other way and say he grew into the Hibs game, never let the head drop, set up the equaliser and performed well after that. Scotland game, he was marking Soloman who is valued at around 40m, had a tough start but again performed really well as the game went on. He's also just off the back of setting up the winner v Faroes and his confidence will be high.

That’s the difference though isn’t it, I can front up and say Morelos cost us dear at the weekend (as I have done already, and several times too). Whereas the rest can’t even bring themselves to admit Tavernier’s at fault when he’s switched off and HIS man has scored the equaliser.
Keep digging …. It’s quite funny to watch

Rubbish.

Blaming him for the goal based on not anticipating an error by his own is beyond madness and is nothing like a striker anticipating an error by the opposition keeper.
Last I’m going to say on this as it’s not worth falling out with folk over. It’s a howler from McGregor, he’s the main culprit, no question he should be taking the brunt of the blame for that goal. But to absolve Tav of any wrong doing at all is ridiculous.

Sorry but the issue isn’t that he failed to anticipate a howler. He doesn’t say “ah Greegsy’s got it, no danger”, he loses his man almost the minute the corner is struck, well before it gets near McGregor. The ball is in mid-flight and barely in the penalty box when he’s already at sea with the scorer in yards of space. Even if the cross had went right over McGregor to the back post we’d have been knackered anyway.

FCF-lV2WUAI-jv8

And the reality is those who are leaping to his defence here are posters who practically never acknowledge his role in any goal he’s been responsible or at least partly responsible for. I think some people are overly protective of him because he’s had unfair criticism at times.

But saying he has no part in that equaliser? What a lot of bollocks, it’s a huge stretch to say he’s in no way culpable when his man was left with a free header, and any other player in that team would at least get a little bit of criticism for losing their man. Trotter, Struths Canary (who seems to be some weird stalker) and anyone else can guffaw all they like, it won’t change what happened.

You stick to demonising Morelos wee man. It’s what you’re good at. Although you seem to be turning some of that resentment toward young Patterson now so there’s that too.
Ah here we go.

You can’t stand that anyone dares to criticise Morelos despite the fact it is very much merited.

Now it seems you have another favourite that you won’t accept any criticism of and it’s Patterson.

I rate him very highly but like all players, I will praise when merited and criticise when merited.

I can only presume you’re a teenager that’s grown up with only really knowing the lower division years

Ah here we go.

You can’t stand that anyone dares to criticise Morelos despite the fact it is very much merited.

Now it seems you have another favourite that you won’t accept any criticism of and it’s Patterson.

I rate him very highly but like all players, I will praise when merited and criticise when merited.

I can only presume you’re a teenager that’s grown up with only really knowing the lower division years

Why do you make shite up though? I’ve been as critical as anyone of Morelos since Saturday, so why the continual need to lie? Because I don’t condone your vindictive tim-like dislike of Morelos? A dislike your actually know for. More to the point, what does Morelos have to do with this topic?

You’ve already rolled out the hyperbole for Patterson with your “garbage” chat. And you know I’m not a teenager, you’ve been on here long enough to know that and I’m not sure why you’d draw that conclusion from anything said here either way. That’s just a desperate and petty remark that says more about you than me. At the end of the day, you are a bit of a liar mate.

Back