Tav looked so far off it today

I was going to create a thread on this topic but did not want to be accused of the usual tav bashing, he was not the worst player today however it's becoming more and more clear to me Patterson is the better option. Reasons why:

Tav looks to me like he either has lost a yard of pace or he is not as sharp as he was last season. In previous seasons he would take on the full back for pace and beat him. I've hardly seen this since prior to his injury last season. In the majority of games I've seen Patterson he will continue to drive at the opposite full back.

Our tactics rely on the full backs providing the creativity from the sides, he (tav) has been lacking in this department this season also. Often hitting the first man or his cross goes too long.

We have a youngster who we can all see is a special talent impacting games more than tav at the moment.He is not only doing it at club level (when given a chance) but at international level also.

Tin hat on but for me Patterson should be starting the next few games...
This game that we love so much is forever changing and, circumstances that occur in peoples lives do affect the ability to maintain a level of consistency week in week out. Am I right in saying James Tavernier had Covid and on his return has not quite been himself.

I love my Rangers and like the rest of you, I have shed tears with what happened to our club, therefore we should always take pride in letting everybody know that we are one Big Proud Family that will not be going away anytime soon.

Tav joined us 5 years or so ago and I think he has contributed greatly to our cause. I was so proud to see him lift that glorious 55th titled trophy ( shed more tears again, that day ) and, I would love to see him get his hands on the Scottish Cup, he deserves it and lots more, for his loyalty.

Players come and go but The Rangers will always be here, let us praise our players, be proud that We are Loyal and Grateful, and that we fully appreciate the efforts that have been on display for us all to see over the dark years. Eventually through a lot of hard work and dedication the end game was to put us back to where we belong and, I believe it has been a monumental achievement by everybody associated with Rangers. ( That's why WATP ).

Agreed. Some go to great lengths to somehow shoehorn Tavernier into it being his error/fault for any goal lost.

Not so long ago a poster had him at fault for Hibs first and 3rd goals in the 2016 final. Madness.

Scaramanga by any chance?

A few weeks ago Tav was gash and needed dropped, apparently . He then scored an important goal ( goal
Of the season contender no less) and he was the hero again.

That’s just a couple of the bipolar reactions I’ve read this past few months. Truth is, the team has been poor, compared to last year, as a whole. However , Despite that we are currently top of the league.

Current Form is of course worrying , but these boys gave us 55 and deserve our trust to improve.

Personally I have full
Confidence we will hand out a couple of hidings in the very near future.

Back