Tav looked so far off it today

nateman

Seemed to be 2nd to every ball, easily out muscled and skinned multiple times and absolutely woeful going forward. Looked nothing like himself in all honesty. If I was Nathan Patterson I'd be disappointed not to be in the team for Thursday after a performance like that from Tav.

He wasn’t the worst, but he was off the pace.

Annoying that Paterson who has saved the last three games is on the bench. He deserves the shirt for the time being.
Patterson right now has the confidence and momentum on his side from both his club and international play. Should start on Thursday night.

He was rotten, has been all season. He's been a very good player for Rangers but I just don't see anything that justifies him playing ahead of Patterson at the moment. I agree with the statement that Patterson must be watching from the side-lines thinking what the feck.

During the stramash that saw Neilson sent off he was sitting down hold his calf.

No idea if that affected his performance but he had a really poor game.

He looked to me as a player who has lost his confidence going forward, which just happens to be his biggest asset. Today he seemed to be happy just to pass side ways or back and as to make a run forward like he was doing last season. In fact if I remember, one of our midfielder's made a pass to where he was expecting Tav to be (making a forward run) and he was no where to be seen as he was staying back.

By the end today he could barely move, saw Gerrard telling Bacuna to cover him and pointing to his hamstring.

Not his best game today but Goldson/Balogun and Morelos were no better.

Wasn’t the worst on the park but 2nd half along with Borna offered very little. Still had a lot of chances so firmly put the blame today on the forwards.

I'm not entirely convinced he's fully recovered from his injury from last season. He was pretty poor 2nd half today and some off his crosses were really poor.

Gerrard referenced it pre-international break. It's apparent - as it is with a few others - that he's short of fitness. Patterson for me.

As others have said he wasnt the worst out there today.

Might lack a bit of confidence with young Patterson breathing down his neck.

Seemed to be 2nd to every ball, easily out muscled and skinned multiple times and absolutely woeful going forward. Looked nothing like himself in all honesty. If I was Nathan Patterson I'd be disappointed not to be in the team for Thursday after a performance like that from Tav.
He is finished and I don't think anyone who is truly honest or blinkered( our manager) can deny it he offers us absolutely zero, he was not the worst player today or near it but he does nothing to actually help us considering we play with wing backs, that's why English clubs are eyeing up Patterson and not interested in our first choice captain,

Awful, seems to have no confidence going forward compared to last season. Groan went up around us everytime he got the ball. Performance typified when he received the ball at a short corner and pumped it straight out of play.

Willing him to come back, but Patterson should be there in place of him

I don't think Tav has looked particularly fit all season to be honest.

He doesn't seem to be getting up and down the park like he was last season.
He isn't and he's not and it's not just this season it includes a chunk of last season as well, the management will know this as well as they have stats for everything and his goals and assists have fallen off a cliff he looks to me like a player at the end of his career and he needs to spend less time in the gym as it seems to have had a detrimental effect on his game.

As ive said many times if tav wasnt the captain patterson would be keeping him out the team

The problem is when Patterson plays the fans are expecting a 10/10 performance or crying for tav back in, The most in form should play and just now that’s Patterson.

Tav getting pelters again . Why isn’t McGregor getting it tight for gifting hearts a goal Always seems to be tav getting it

I thought Tav would have to hit a pretty low level of performance for his place to be under genuine threat. I couldn’t see it happening but it has. He offered nothing today. Patterson should be in for a while for me.

He looked short of confidence the longer the game went on, needless fouls that put us under pressure from free kicks.

20 attempts at goal, scored once and missed umpteen good chances.
Conceded a goal from a corner that the keeper should have dealt with.

Tavernier was average today, but he was 100 miles away from being why we dropped points.

The goal came from a corner just after Tav conceded a needless free kick.

The linesman’s flag saved him on a couple of occasions.

Gerrard referenced it pre-international break. It's apparent - as it is with a few others - that he's short of fitness. Patterson for me.
Yeah the fact Gerrard said we need to manage him now and he can't go for 50/60 games again tells you something isn't right. I would play Patterson as well he's the future of the club and he's more than earned a chance for a run of games now.

Never had his best game and it's probably the first time I've seen him look unfit.

However the abuse that 1 guy behind us in CF4 was giving him today was way over the top.

He’s not looked right all season, not sure if he has struggled since getting COVID or is just badly off form

It looked like he pulled a hamstring right at the end before the goal or maybe it was just cramp

So that means there can be no discussion of how ineffective he’s been for 90% of the games he’s played this season?
I wish people would stop trying to protect him, this love in for tav is embarresing he plainly is not as good a player as Patterson as I've said before he was not the worst in our team today but as usual he is offering us nothing and Gerrard should get a grip and give him a rest, not the only one that need a seat on the bench by the way.

People saying tav is far from the reason etc etc do they still not realise that when our fullbacks play well like the first half we play well and when they don't play well the whole system/team fails

Back