Tav looked so far off it today

Because he was rotten... Because he has been rotten all season. Name a game were he was good this season.. McGregor is getting stick, as is Morelos. And rightly so.
Tav has been rotten but he’s not the only one . Borna miles off it aswell but it’s only tav who gets pelters

Take his Lamborghini away from him, and Borna’s bloody McLaren too. That wee shite Devlin did more for his team than both of them today.
If that wee shite Devlin had been playing for us he'd have been sent off in the first half.

I was going to create a thread on this topic but did not want to be accused of the usual tav bashing, he was not the worst player today however it's becoming more and more clear to me Patterson is the better option. Reasons why:

Tav looks to me like he either has lost a yard of pace or he is not as sharp as he was last season. In previous seasons he would take on the full back for pace and beat him. I've hardly seen this since prior to his injury last season. In the majority of games I've seen Patterson he will continue to drive at the opposite full back.

Our tactics rely on the full backs providing the creativity from the sides, he (tav) has been lacking in this department this season also. Often hitting the first man or his cross goes too long.

We have a youngster who we can all see is a special talent impacting games more than tav at the moment.He is not only doing it at club level (when given a chance) but at international level also.

Tin hat on but for me Patterson should be starting the next few games...
You see the Tav luvvers on here always want to complain about the Tav bashers do they never ask themselves why any Rangers fan would want to complain about any player just for the sake of it, a blind man could see he is not the same player.

Tavernier was poor today, I'm not defending his overall performance.

But the number of posts basically blaming him for the Hearts goal because he conceded a free kick 2 minutes before it is quite scary. The goal was 100% the fault of our goalkeeper, nobody else. It was a basic bread and butter cross any keeper should deal with and he made an absolute mess of it

Not excusing Tavernier from playing badly, and it's a genuine debate who should play right back. But putting any blame on him for their goal is stretching things way too far.

Afraid to beat a man, service poor, gets lost under long balls directed toward him and poor defensively

A complete 180 from last year and a shadow of the player he was.

Patterson at the moment plays with bravery and is better defensively, he’s not the player Tav is yet but when Tav is playing how he currently is then for me Patterson is the better option.

I’m not saying Tav isn’t one of our best players but he is so far away from what we need him to be.

If that wee shite Devlin had been playing for us he'd have been sent off in the first half.
Everyone knows what Robertson does. He took it to the limit to push his team on. See any of our pampered, over-rewarded ‘stars’ putting half as much effort in?

There was a pattern especially in the first half. The ball would go right and Tav would carry it forward at pace and then the right side was closed down. It left the left fairly open but we didn;t seem to want to exploit that. It seems that opponents have learned we are string on the right so close that part of the park down. We don't seem to be able to exploit the space that leaves on the left. Just my own layman's obsevations

I am certain I seen Goldson tell him to go and have a word with the ref in the first half.

Tav didn't have his best game but the defence ended up putting pressure on themselves with both central defenders booked.

There was a pattern especially in the first half. The ball would go right and Tav would carry it forward at pace and then the right side was closed down. It left the left fairly open but we didn;t seem to want to exploit that. It seems that opponents have learned we are string on the right so close that part of the park down. We don't seem to be able to exploit the space that leaves on the left. Just my own layman's obsevations
Teams know the way we play,they block our full backs from getting into dangerous areas,it's up to us to find other ways of creating chances which we did today but unfortunately Morelos had one of those days.

It doesn't help that Barasic won't take a man on or take it to the bye line when he's got plenty of space. The usual look up and pump it in no matter what's on is pathetic.

Going forward he is a massive asset and was pivitol in alot of the good things we did last year. This year his crosses don't beat the first man and he doesn't seem to be as dynamic going forward. This leads to his poor defending being highlighted.

But the number of posts basically blaming him for the Hearts goal because he conceded a free kick 2 minutes before it is quite scary. The goal was 100% the fault of our goalkeeper, nobody else.

Given that logic
Only lyndon dykes gets any credit for the Scotland goal the other night.

No credit due what so ever to Nathan Patterson

Tavernier was poor today, I'm not defending his overall performance.

But the number of posts basically blaming him for the Hearts goal because he conceded a free kick 2 minutes before it is quite scary. The goal was 100% the fault of our goalkeeper, nobody else. It was a basic bread and butter cross any keeper should deal with and he made an absolute mess of it

Not excusing Tavernier from playing badly, and it's a genuine debate who should play right back. But putting any blame on him for their goal is stretching things way too far.

There's always a moment that turns the ball over, this was it. We didn't recover from that and of course more mistakes followed, but as a player at any level, you know if you're the one that started the loss of control.

There are always chances to recover from that initial loss, but until you get the ball back, you're the root cause. That's football, and most sport

It’s not all from Tav. Other teams are pressing him further up the park including in his own half and giving him no time when he gets on the ball so they have wised up to shutting him down. But he is no where near as effective offensively this season, no one can argue that . Defensively he’s where he’s always been. It’s the poorer aspect of his game.

Patterson needs a run in the team. He needs to keep developing and being giving the chance to develop or he’ll be off. A player of his caliber can’t be warming a bench most weeks.

I love Tav, thought it was the right call to play him today but I have to agree he didn't have the best of games. Seemed to be off the pace, got caught out of position a couple of times and didn't offer his usual threat in attack. It will be a theme of this season whether he plays or Patterson.

Did he flap at a cross meaning we conceded a goal?
Did he miss several sitters to secure the points?
He was the best of the defenders today,not a high bar admittedly.
Disagree, Balogun was the best defender. Tavernier gives away a stupid free kick, which leads to the corner and their goal.

Do you think it is coincidence we lose most goals from the right flank? That's where most teams target and get joy from.

Maybe because of the number of times he saved us even today a few times when Hearts were through on goal.
Big mistake for the goal but we lost as Morelos could not convert the many chances he had.

It was actually a draw, can’t even get the outcome right.

NP should start most games from now on until if and when he loses form...Give Tav plenty of time to rest and get himself back to where he should be.

Reactions: BWO
Seemed to be 2nd to every ball, easily out muscled and skinned multiple times and absolutely woeful going forward. Looked nothing like himself in all honesty. If I was Nathan Patterson I'd be disappointed not to be in the team for Thursday after a performance like that from Tav.
I agree, Tav isn't the dynamic full back we need for whatever reason. Didn't get beyond his opposite number once today and his crossing was shite. Get Patterson in, so much more energy.

I can see this being tavs last season here, him and Goldson will be away. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see aribo and kamara leave too next summer
In hindsight we should have sold Tav and Goldson the day after 55. They look like they have settled for being one time champions.

Rangers vs Hearts in the main stand. From where I was sitting he looked like the worst player on the pitch today.
He was getting a fair bit of stick from Copland Road supporters as well and I agree he is way off standards he set last season

Tavernier is missing Ryan Jack to cover him. Tavernier is not the root cause of our problems. It's the lack of familiarity in our midfield imo

Disagree, Balogun was the best defender. Tavernier gives away a stupid free kick, which leads to the corner and their goal.

Do you think it is coincidence we lose most goals from the right flank? That's where most teams target and get joy from.
Balogun came out 2nd half with slippers on,he was all over the place after a good first half.
He gave away a free kick that got cleared,the ball ended up well away from our goal and Hearts attacked down the LEFT side of the pitch and got a corner.

I don't think Tav has looked particularly fit all season to be honest.

He doesn't seem to be getting up and down the park like he was last season.
Bang on mate like Kent there has been something not right since the start. I wish the media guys would ask these questions.

Tav needs to have a seat on the bench for a few weeks beside McGregor. Wtf was that attempt from McGregor at the corner? That was a straightforward keeper's ball every day of the week. There was nothing hard to deal with about it. It was embarrassing. McGregor has been a great servant to the club but as far as I am concerned there is no room for sentiment. Same goes for Tav imo. We've got Scotland's number 2 goalie on the bench sitting beside the international team right back. If the guys in our team are not performing we should have no hesitation in dropping them.

Full backs offered us very little today in the second half especially, couldn't believe how far they dropped and had zero effects on attacks, e.g picking the ball up far too deep.

Back