Tav makes Europa team of the week

Last couple of seasons we’ve had Tav, Borna and Alfie leading some of those stats boards. It’s one of those where it makes our players much more appealing to other clubs, raises the profile of the club, and sees them getting praise from around Europe, which gets overlooked sometimes in the ‘is the Europa worth it?’ chat.

His run and pass to Alfie was sensational. Pity Morelos first touch was poor and made it easy for the keeper because it would have been a great goal if he finished it.

I've been one of his biggest critics, and have long thought he should be nowhere near a Rangers shirt.

But it has to be said that he is playing very, very well indeed at the moment. If he can continue to be this consistently good and save his blunders (because every defender has one or two per season) for matches against diddy opponents when we can recover from them then the team as a whole will massively benefit. He's looking calm, assured, his set piece delivery is top-notch and his penalty-taking is back to its best.

Keep it up and please make me eat my previous words :))

He was superb last night, well on his way to be POTY

Lets hope so, he is in a great place just now, his form has never been better.

As has been said on FF many times, he is a player who gets way too much criticism for his lapses ever now and then. 100% a player who many will only fully appreciate what he brings to our side when he is no longer at the club.

Tab is having a great season, just hope he tops it off by lifting the league title, along with any other cups we can get our hands on. Could be a cracking season, regardless of all the other things going on right now, environmentally.

There is a reason Gerrard stood by him we are seeing it now. I am honestly so happily and proudly eating humble pie. Tav is performing like a Rangers captain should.
He has been tremendous for years. A machine, and a perfect modern full back. In reality he has made mistakes but think of how many games he has played and how many times he has been one of our most creative players. How many times he has dug us out of a hole.

It's only now, with better players around, and a left side to match our right that he can pick and choose his times to stay, or go.

Most players would be burnt out by now. He is a phenomenal athlete as well as a tremendous player. So important to us, I hope he never leaves.

Outstanding again last night. Just leads by example. Noticed him having a go at defence after their header hit the bar as well.

He has been tremendous for years. A machine, and a perfect modern full back. In reality he has made mistakes but think of how many games he has played and how many times he has been one of our most creative players. How many times he has dug us out of a hole.

It's only now, with better players around, and a left side to match our right that he can pick and choose his times to stay, or go.

Most players would be burnt out by now. He is a phenomenal athlete as well as a tremendous player. So important to us, I hope he never leaves.
He is beginning to eliminate his errors, or perhaps more pertinently the entire defence is shaping up with more understanding.
Tav is probably the best athlete I have ever seen in a Rangers shirt, he is simply a superb specimen of football manhood.
No, I am not gay.

Well done captain. Been playing very well this season again.

Im surprised they have a Villarreal centre half in there. They shipped 3 goals to Sivaspor. They seem to enjoy conceding an equaliser.

100% agree.

I'll hold my hands up when Tav had a rough patch I was stupudly over ciritical of him. Forgetting that no one at all is perfect. He has been incredible for us and people (myself included ) forgot that when he was making a mistake. We are very lucky to have him and as you said I hope he never leaves us.

I'm sure we're less than a month removed from a poll on here asking if Hutton was a better player, the poll was in Alan's favour, I did say on there how different it'd be come May and 55, but I reckon it'll have swung already...

Back