Tav on our new signings and praise for Ojo's instant impact

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I have a great feeling about Ojo this season :)

James Tavernier lifts lid on Rangers' new signings as skipper praises Sheyi Ojo's instant impact
The Rangers skipper is chomping at the bit for the new season to start and his confidence has been bolstered by the Liverpool loan star's impact in training.

• James Tavernier admits Sheyi Ojo has lived up the hype in his early days in Glasgow.
    The Rangers skipper is chomping at the bit for the new season to start and his confidence has been bolstered by the Liverpool loan star's impact in training.
    The 21-year-old winger became the Ibrox side's fifth signing of the summer when he arrived on Tuesday and the former Wigan man reckons the Light Blues faithful will be impressed with his abilities.
    And Tavernier knows plenty about the England U21 international who is desperate to take his career to the next level.
    The captain told Rangers TV: “I have heard some good things about Sheyi. I heard Don Cowie who was at Wigan with him said he was a really good player so he is obviously an exciting player for us to get.

“I have seen in the past couple of days how strong a runner he is and I can’t wait to see him out on the pitch properly.

“We have a great group of lads, there are no bad people in the group, we are all welcoming and we are all good lads."

Tavernier had kind words for Ojo but insists it's not only the Anfield man who will turn heads on the pitch.
    The 27-year-old is also backing a couple of former Premiership foes to to hit the ground running in the coming weeks.

(Image: SNS Group)
    He added: “I have played against both Greg Stewart and Jake Hastie. I know Jake had a good spell when he broke onto the scene at Motherwell and I have seen some clips of him, he is a strong runner and has a good finish on him.
    “I have played against Greg a lot of times and he has always proven to be a difficult opponent. I am really happy we have secured him.”

There could be more new arrivals in the coming days with Rangers agreeing a £650,000 deal for Oldham defender George Edmundson.
    Another player closing in on a move to Ibrox is Joe Aribo with the Charlton midfielder poised to pen a long-term deal on a reported £20,000-a-week

Two strong runners according to Tav.

Unfortunately it’s football we are playing not athletics.

On a more serious note it’s good they are all bonding well.

Really excited to see how the new guys do in the preseason games. In a way, playing at Ibrox will probably help. The guys from outside Scotland will get used to the environment and size of the stadium (and to a degree the support) and even the guys from the SPFL will get used to pulling on our shirt and playing at Ibrox, which is obviously very different to playing for Kilmarnock, Motherwell or Aberdeen at Ibrox, where there is no pressure or expectation.

In football, you have to be able to beat your opposite number in a one-on-one matchup.

Strong runners can do so using their strength and athleticism.

No need to be negative.
Exactly this is why Tavernier is such a great player. His athleticism is a huge part of why he gets so many crossing opportunities plus defends well.

In this league especially it's massive thing. Would be less important in Italy or Spain.

I have to agree, i couldn't believe he was made captain but he was excellent last season in all departments.
Mr consistent.

£ for £ I’m really struggling to think of a better signing for the outlay. I love the guy, will be absolutely gutted when he moves on.

Back