Tav Staying

Tavernier loves Rangers. He won't be leaving unless he is asked to leave because we've had a big money bid. A big money bid would ergo mean he would be earning big money salary somewhere else. Unless that big money bid and salary offer comes in then he's going nowhere.

He realises he is playing for the biggest club he will ever be at.

Hope he stays. There are quite a few less talented players than him around.

Has to stop just letting wingers run past him as if he isn't there though.

Personally i rate tav he's improved every year and he's is 100% the best right back in the league.

I suspect he was never going to leave unless we got an unbelievable offer for him. He is so important to our team and we'd need to find a way to replace his assists and even his goals. Flanagan may turn out to be a solid signing, but he's a far more defensively minded fullback

Excellent news. Tav will be fantastic this season with a proper central defence and midfield to provide him with cover. He's a true athlete, anyone that has watched the training videos will have seen that. Come on the Blue Cafu.

I’d prefer we cashed in and secured a more defensive RB.

Can understand why people want to keep him but I just reckon we need someone who can read and dictate the defensive side of things a bit better.
Just need to look at the nil nil against them where he bossed that right hand side going forward and defensively.

I think we are yet to see the best of Tav with a better defence alongside him and better in front of him

Couldn’t care either way whether he leaves or not, would have to be a decent price though.

I worry that he leaves the back door open far to many times, perhaps the new central defence will help in this regard?

Tav is one of the few from last season who actually gets it.

By all accounts he appears to love it at Rangers too. He is probably clever enough to realise he wont play for a bigger club or have a better chance to win things and become a legend.

He is without about (despite defensive frailties) good enough to be part of a title winning side.

We need to give all the players a chance to prove themselves under a proper, professional management structure. I genuinely believe a lot of our players have potential that we haven't tapped into yet.

Tav for me has shown more than enough the past few years, although I do agree he's probably a better player going forward and has to improve his defensive qualities more.

The whole team have been feeding off each others weaknesses which resulted in some of the displays the last 2 seasons.

I think if he gets a roasting and skinned defensibly against an opposing team his day's will be numbered under Mr Gerrard.

Excellent news.

By far and away our best play consistently over the last three years and easily the best RB in the league.

With a solid central defence and midfield, Tav will thrive.

Tavernier is a proper footballer.

If he can add a bit of steel to that both mentally and physically, he will excel next season.

Can understand why people want to keep him but I just reckon we need someone who can read and dictate the defensive side of things a bit better.

Wouldn't we all? But we aren't going to be able to attract a top right back. We are fortunate to have a guy who although isn't always the best defensively, contributes circa 10 goals and 10 assists a season.

I am confident that with a solid spine coming into the team, the shortcomings of some of our original players won't be nearly as exploited as much.

Everyone knows how good he is going forward. He's the best player we have with the ball.

Having said that there's a massive weakness in his game and irrespective of the fact (hopefully) that we will be more solid next season, he simply has to improve defensively or he could find himself replaced.

Wouldn't we all? But we aren't going to be able to attract a top right back. We are fortunate to have a guy who although isn't always the best defensively, contributes circa 10 goals and 10 assists a season.i hope you are right but all tavs failings I fear will continue.

I am confident that with a solid spine coming into the team, the shortcomings of some of our original players won't be nearly as exploited as much.

I think he genuinely does want to stay and win things with Rangers, but everyone in our team has a price.
Good to read.
Both that Tavernier is staying and that Gerrard is making a positive impression.
Of course, he was never likely to say anything else.

Great news easily one of our best players, Stevie G will improve the defensive side of his game, as an aside he is one of the fittest players I have ever seen.

Wouldn't we all? But we aren't going to be able to attract a top right back. We are fortunate to have a guy who although isn't always the best defensively, contributes circa 10 goals and 10 assists a season.

I need to look up "circa", thought I knew what it meant but your numbers are confusing me :confused:

Any defender who has been playing for Rangers in the last few years should rightly be worried about their job ! Our defense has been shocking ! Far too easy to score against ! If Gerrard fixes this problem he is half way to being successful !

Dont agree mate. Invariably bids come from teams offering more cash. Yes players can say no, but buying teams have the power in my opinion

Any defender who has been playing for Rangers in the last few years should rightly be worried about their job ! Our defense has been shocking ! Far too easy to score against ! If Gerrard fixes this problem he is half way to being successful !
This thread is about him staying !

How many goals was Tav responsible for us conceding last season and how many was he responsible for us scoring?

Back