Tavernier: I still have plenty to achieve at Rangers and this club is moving in the right direction

On current form he’s the best right back in Scotland

Hopefully he and the club can come to an agreement on a new contract but I still suspect we may get a large bid in for him that maybe to tasty to turn down

He is perfect for this league, i for one hope he extends his contract.
Lets face it we are the biggest club he will ever play for and he knows it.
He has had more games for us than any other club he has played for.

Mark Allen has a five year plan for Rangers, you would think tying up our important players for those five years would be part of the plan.

A real professional who continually strives to improve his game, is a constant goal threat, who stays ultra fit and is a great positive influence in the dressing room. If Tierney is worth a kings ransom what about this guy? what say you Scottish media?

Once the window closes,sit Tav,Wes and Alfredo down and get another couple of years on their contracts,these 3 are big assets and will earn us a good few quid in the future.

sign-here.jpg

He's a fantastic player.

I still can't believe some of our fans think he is pish.

Easily the best right back in Scotland and could play in the premiership.

We will make a fortune from him and other players in our squad. But let's hope they stay for a title (hopefully this year)

I think because when he is exposed defensively, it is really blatant. And he is a survivor of Warburton's team, so i think in many fans heads that counts against Tav, as it does with Fod (his criticisms throughout this season have been equally ridiculous).

Tav has significantly upped his game this year though. His attacking play is akin to what we saw in the championship, except he's now doing it at a higher standard, and more consistently. His relationship with Candeias and the amount of assists both have is clear evidence of that.

Defensively he can obviously get better but he's improved there as well. Having better cover around him like Jack, McCrorie and Alves have definitely helped there.

Yes you will get the odd bad game from him where he's ineffective or defensively poor, but you will get more good than bad from him. Anyone wanting rid needs their head examined.

I really like Tav. On his day he’s the best full back in the country. He just needs to bring his A-game a bit more.

He’s had a barrel load of assists this season and some of them have been absolutely outstanding.

Get his contract extended Rangers.

“I’m still learning here and I’m still growing here. I’ve still got 18 months to go. It’s totally down to the club if they want to extend my contract. I’ll have to wait and see.”

So we haven't offered him a new deal, as suggested on here?

I'm hoping that will be a priority after the comings and goings are completed.

The best RB in the league and our most consistent player this season for me.

One of our best players and one of the most important. The partnership between he and Candeias is just sublime and I hope we see it at Ibrox for a few more years.

Allen and Co have done spectacular stuff with the new signings, now we need to see the same level with securing our top guys on long contracts. Tav, Windass, Wes and Morelos are our biggest assets and we need them on long term deals to maximise their value. Guys with expiring deals like Bates too.

“I’m still learning here and I’m still growing here. I’ve still got 18 months to go. It’s totally down to the club if they want to extend my contract. I’ll have to wait and see.”

So we haven't offered him a new deal, as suggested on here?
It's to be sorted after the window closes.

He should be offered a new deal that makes him one of the highest paid at the Club. He is an outstanding player and we'd struggle to replace him, even with £10m.

Sounds promising. Get him fixed up with a hefty salary increase and contract extension with a significant sell on clause.

He should be offered a new deal that makes him one of the highest paid at the Club. He is an outstanding player and we'd struggle to replace him, even with £10m.

I think that’s a bit of a stretch, but we’d get nothing close to a tenth of the player for the reduced price we’d sell him at with 18 months left.

A new deal for Tav should take priority over anymore new incoming signings if we have plans on that front. Same with Windass.

How long a deal does Candeias have?

I would agree that candias has brought tavs game on this season, great to see and great to hear tav is up for staying.

It's no secret that i have serious man love for Tav .... in my opinion he's out best player and is so important for dressing room morale.... i'd make him an offer he cant refuse so that if he does go it's because we have been made an offer we cant refuse

Great guy, Great player !!!

He's a few levels above any right back in this country. Lustig, Logan, Whittaker? Hahaha

As good as posterbhoy Tierney, so if we're selling him it should be for silly money.

Absolutely, same with Fod, "pish", "doesn't command his box", "Gilks is better", "Alnwick is as good". All this from folk who spend their days on here trying to teach Dave King et al how to run a football club.
FF’s super coaches.
Remember, many wanted Hodson replacing him at right back and Tavernier, in true FF super coach phraseology, pushed forward one.
Not the most ridiculous of ideas mind you.
That accolade must go, surely, to the idea that first, Beerman, then John, are better full backs than Wallace.

He's a fantastic player.

I still can't believe some of our fans think he is pish.

Easily the best right back in Scotland and could play in the premiership.

We will make a fortune from him and other players in our squad. But let's hope they stay for a title (hopefully this year)

I don't think the punters think he is pish. It's just that until now, the defensive side of his game hasn't been as good as the offensive side.

He's been a cause of frustration. In one way, he is the biggest goal threat at full back since Sandy Jardine, but defensively he has at times been woeful. And first and foremost he is a defender. Forays and goals up the park are a bonus.

It looks at times this season he's had a renaissance, and it's good to see.

Not just CDs; better coaching has made a massive difference.

This is the answer imho.
Murty seems to be coaching the team properly.
Each player is showing that slight bit more skill and bite in their game,
and that will become more noticeable through time.
So as 'Loud strop' suggested, the answer is in the manager coaching properly.
This, also, has many advantages as the players being better coached will be worth
a few shekels more in the transfer market if they decide they'd like to leave.

... or maybe that's all a load of crap and the answer is that Jimmy Nichol has turned up. :D

Give Tavs a new and improved deal he deserve’s,and if anyone other clubs come calling for the best RB in Scotland next couple years it’s gonna cost them.

WATP

I think anyone who played in the Semi-Final win over them who doesn't want to stay and have that feeling 10 fold when we lift 55 would need their head examined.

All I'd like to see from Tav is more free kick screamers please :cool:

Tav is the most improved player at Ibrox..his defending has got much better and a wee mention to Candeias who has helped down thd right hand side

We need to sit down with this lad and get a contract extension agreed. It's as important as a new signing.

No harm to Jason Holt but I was slightly disappointed when Tav wasn't made captain last night.

I said this on Wednesday when the teams walked out. Tav would have been my captain but Holt done a fine job.

Getting Tav signed up to a new deal must be top priority for us now. He is vital player for us.

Seems to be a good feeling about the club at the minute. Hope it continues!

Tav has improved a lot recently on different aspects of his game.

It’s not a coincidence either that he’s playing with better players now aswell.

Get him tied down please Rangers

Need to get him tied down. He seems to have upped his game massively recently.

To replace him would cost way more than upping his wages.

Back