Tavernier

The real problem - and the one that should worry us more than anything - was that Jack Ross changed it immediately after our second goal. He switched his shape and tactical approach in order to create the opportunity for overloads against both our full backs. Gerrard didn’t react and our midfield were hopelessly incapable of making it difficult for them to shift the ball into those wide areas and create those opportunities.

SG got outsmarted by Jack Ross. Let that sink in.
No doubt about that.

Barisic should have smashed the winger into next week when he took a heavy touch and then a midfielder ran into the box unchallenged for the 1st.

Goldson gave a half arsed flick into a shocking area of the pitch for the 2nd.

Can totally see how it was tavs fault though.

Exactly. Their scorer was initially tracked in the box and then given a free run. It was dreadful defending. When we attack opposing legs and bodies fly around stopping shots. It wasn’t unlike the goal hearts got at Tynecastle last year to derail our challenge.

Didn’t do particularly well at the second goal but wasn’t exactly the one who cost us 2 points today.

For me the bit that summed up why I don’t get the overwhelming praise for Tavernier was the free kick at the end, it summed up my issue with him and most of this team. There’s a few minutes left and you badly need a goal at an often tricky venue to stop the scum having the chance to build a points lead, in that moment we need a good ball and as happens all too often, he gets it badly wrong in the pressure moment and gives their keeper what was essentially a pass back.

The real problem - and the one that should worry us more than anything - was that Jack Ross changed it immediately after our second goal. He switched his shape and tactical approach in order to create the opportunity for overloads against both our full backs. Gerrard didn’t react and our midfield were hopelessly incapable of making it difficult for them to shift the ball into those wide areas and create those opportunities.

We had at least 3 clear chances to score a 3rd after that switch.

Exactly. Their scorer was initially tracked in the box and then given a free run. It was dreadful defending. When we attack opposing legs and bodies fly around stopping shots. It wasn’t unlike the goal hearts got at Tynecastle last year to derail our challenge.

Barisic is the villain in that one for me, if he takes that Heavy touch out wide up the other end porteous or some other clogger would have launched himself at it trying to murder the man and put the ball in the stand.

We’re too nice.

Goalie, was fine today.
Back 4 went to sleep and was very similar to so many games over the past 2 seasons.
Lessons havent been learned.

Barisic poor at first goal. Goldson and Tav poor at the second. No personal vendettas, that’s just what happened. These intermittent but regular switch offs ( see Shankland’s chance last week )are offset by some good performances. The question is, are these gaffs worth it when it costs us points? Just now I’m angry and wonder if these two have experienced too much defeat in their time. They seem to me to have a frightened look on their faces. and we’ve been here before with these two. Rarely with Barisic. Would this have happened with Balogun and Patterson. Probably should reappraise things when calm down. Scunnered.

Is no-one interested in the fact that he was yet again culpable at both goals ?
Try watching the game, first goal was from our left side where Barasic should have closed down the cross coming in. But then again blame Tav, that's the easy way.

Went 4-3-3 second half and looked way more comfortable. Good, reactive management from Ross.

So I've been critical of Tav but I think he's been pretty solid this season. Second goal was all Goldson. Clear the lines, simple. Tries to pass and that's it right there. 2 hands on Helender and keeper not coming out played a big role. Can't se how you can blame Tav for the 2 goals, sorry mate

The op has had a 'mare. Tav was nowhere close to being at fault for the first and only partially culpable for the second after Goldsons f@ck up.
But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.

What a load of clueless shite.

The first goal comes from Borna giving Boyle too much space and then Steven Davis getting sucked into the front post and leaving Wright in acres of space.

The 2nd goal came from a loose pass from Goldson, followed by a very poor offside call by the assistant referee.

Try watching a sport you know something about, if there is such a thing.

1st goal : Barisic to blame

2nd goal : Goldson, linesman, Tav and Helander in that order.

All my opinion of course.
Why Tavernier, he was beat by a good bit of skill when the guy dummied him and went onto his right foot.

First one is on Borna and Davis.
I’d actually blame Davis more for the sheer lack of awareness of the man he was marking.
Borna was teased a little by Boyle’s apparently heavy initial touch, so he went to commit and realised he wasn’t getting there. Ok so that was poor, but I still blame Davis more for leaving the guy wide open.

the second one is primarily Goldson for fannying about, but I do believe Tav is culpable because firstly he should’ve sprinted right up his arse to force him wife and not let him turn, and secondly he should’ve had the angle for the cross well blocked off. He was too lax in his approach to shut off the biggest dangers in the attack.

Tav would have been a decent full back 40 years ago. For Morton. He’s not Rangers class.

The first was down to lack of cover from midfield if you ask me. No way a player should be unmarked on the edge of the box like that. The second Tav was definitely lax in allowing the cross to come over. He was all over the place there. However, Helander has to put in a far better challenge on the cross. It was really powder puff defending from both players.

The first was down to lack of cover from midfield if you ask me. No way a player should be unmarked on the edge of the box like that. The second Tav was definitely lax in allowing the cross to come over. He was all over the place there. However, Helander has to put in a far better challenge on the cross. It was really powder puff defending from both players.
What a contradiction.
Tav was too lax in allowing the Hibs player to cross for the second goal you say,yet no mention of Barasic at the first goal when Boyle took a horrible touch,Borna was favourite for that ball yet backed off Boyle to allow him to cross?

What a contradiction.
Tav was too lax in allowing the Hibs player to cross for the second goal you say,yet no mention of Barasic at the first goal when Boyle took a horrible touch,Borna was favourite for that ball yet backed off Boyle to allow him to cross?
Fair enough, but the first was more down to the Hibs player being in acres of space unmarked imho.

The first goal was Barisic/Davis and the second goal was predominantly Goldson and partly Tav

How was Tav at fault for the first?

Fair enough, but the first was more down to the Hibs player being in acres of space unmarked imho.
Borna should have had that ball as soon as Boyle took a bad touch,it was there for him.
I agree on the arriving Hibs mid being unmarked,someone fell asleep.

Borna should have had that ball as soon as Boyle took a bad touch,it was there for him.
I agree on the arriving Hibs mid being unmarked,someone fell asleep.

Davis was marking him and then inexplicably left him and got sucked towards the front post.

Back