Tavernier

No opinions permitted then. We continually lose goals from rb position. His stats look good but ! Wait for it most of the good ones came in lower leagues. I have followed Rangers for over 40 years and I mean going to the games over 50 overseas. He is the equivalent of Ally Dawson.
Who i thought was pish but nice guy.
I'm all for opinions, but for me in today's viewing, Tav didn't really enter my head as the main culpable player for their goals. Borna didn't cover himself in glory, but didn't get the same treatment Tav gets for similar performances. I'm not a huge fan of Tav, but we were talking about the Hibs game in isolation

That is undoubtedly the case. But he also left us completely exposed. Managers have to own decisions - even ones on the finest of margins
Their equaliser was not because we were exposed. We had multiple chances to defend it properly and the linesman was a cheating bast*rd but letting our defenders think they did a good job and it was only the linesman or Gerrard tactics that cost us will not improve our defending. Hibs will always create chances. Much as I despise them they usually try to play attacking football.

No opinions permitted then. We continually lose goals from rb position. His stats look good but ! Wait for it most of the good ones came in lower leagues. I have followed Rangers for over 40 years and I mean going to the games over 50 overseas. He is the equivalent of Ally Dawson.

This is what happens when you post whilst pished.

First goal Barasic should have got the high ball, Davis wandered off his player and they scored. Second goal Goldson fucked it. Entirely him to blame.

In what way was he culpable for the first goal though?

Your judgement seems clouded by your dislike of Tav.

There's opinions and then there's just making stuff up. You have just made stuff up and therefore deserve to be ridiculed.

In what way was Tav remotely at fault for the first goal?

The second goal he has to do better to stop the cross but it all comes from Goldsons ridiculous clearance which leads to Tav having to sprint back into position and deal with it.

I thought Tav was one of our best players yesterday.

What boils my piss at times is when we get a free kick on the left hand side high up the pitch and Tav runs 100 odd yards (to take him well out of position) over to take it ahead of Borna who in my opinion delivers a far more dangerous ball. I get that sometimes inswinger V outswinger is tactical but play to the strength of the team and have your best player at delivering crosses take them rather than your captain roaming around the pitch to take free kicks that he shouldn’t be near... not a Tav bashing reply here btw, more of a frustrated observation from a frustrated bear!

I agree that Tav should not be wasting energy by getting involved in taking free kicks or corners on our left. Also agree with the other poster about the complete waste of a free kick at the end of the game, when he launches it towards their keeper.
I would rather have a captain at centre back or midfield who can be more involved and manage the game, and give encouragement to players or give a rocket to any players who are careless or over-casual. Too many games we take the lead, then play as if the game is won, rather than pressing to put the game beyond the opposition.

For me the whole team was culpable yesterday. Hivs were getting in our faces yesterday, do the same back. Another frustrating performance. No leadership,fight, character or determination. The manager has to call out every contentious incident after every game. If he
doesn't we will continue to be shat on from a great height.
It is just not good enough.
The supporters have backed the club to the hilt buying ST's and merchandise .IMO the club not defending themselves is disgraceful.

Is no-one interested in the fact that he was yet again culpable at both goals ?
Ive made my feelings known about how costly our captain is in terms of losing points over the seasons, but Gérard can't see anything wrong with him, how I don't know but there you go a goal against a diddy team and once again Tav is captain marvel and he will still be there when Steven walks or is pushed like the other managers he has played under.

The team as a collective were not good enough.

If you insist on making about individual players then Barisic was poor for the first goal and Goldson made the error leading to the second.

But then, I wank dugs.

Taverneir allowed the cross to come in for the 2nd.

For me the whole team was culpable yesterday. Hivs were getting in our faces yesterday, do the same back. Another frustrating performance. No leadership,fight, character or determination. The manager has to call out every contentious incident after every game. If he
doesn't we will continue to be shat on from a great height.
It is just not good enough.
The supporters have backed the club to the hilt buying ST's and merchandise .IMO the club not defending themselves is disgraceful.

Mate if we played the game way the same way Hibs did then we'd be lucky to finish with 8 men on the park.

What a contradiction.
Tav was too lax in allowing the Hibs player to cross for the second goal you say,yet no mention of Barasic at the first goal when Boyle took a horrible touch,Borna was favourite for that ball yet backed off Boyle to allow him to cross?

Barasic wasn't favourite for the ball, he obviously didn't bank on boyle making a poor touch, you can see him start to move in & realised that he definitely wasn't getting it.

The problem is that the midfield are supposed to protect the back four, we don't have a strong enough midfield.

Back