Tavernier

Pattersons learning the game at the moment Tav has been exceptional and rightly so and is the first name on the team sheet.
Patterson, I'm sure will get plenty of opportunities this season in various games.

Tavs deep cross delivery can be shocking as often as it’s good. He’s had a few spells where nothing has come off for him. Hopefully finally having proper competition for his role can have him pushing to maintain the attacking threat he has coming inside and late runs. If he does drop form if the team sheet has Nathan on it, doubt anyone will be having kittens about it

Tav is our first choice but he cannot be allowed to go through phases of bad form and still start, If he goes off form Patterson plays and vice versa
Lol.. & what is bad form for him? Missing a penalty? Slipping up & it resulting in a goal? I'm not sure I could point to any 'extended run' of bad form from Tav.

(Hypothetical question though mate. The 1st time any of those two things happen there will be an all out rage, & insistence that Patterson starts the next game).

Kneejerk at best for a 1st team player, let alone our Captain.

Best right back in the country, and more still, he is better than some playing in superior Leagues.

Patterson is a real top prospect and his day,as you rightly say, O.P, will come.

It's a long, challenging season. If Gerrard is tweaking the system, it won't be just to put both in it'll be because eventually teams know how to nullify your tactics unless you are adapting them. As much as I'm sure having them both is a bonus, if it doesn't work in training I doubt he's stubborn enough to try it just to get both on.

Tavs deep cross delivery can be shocking as often as it’s good. He’s had a few spells where nothing has come off for him. Hopefully finally having proper competition for his role can have him pushing to maintain the attacking threat he has coming inside and late runs. If he does drop form if the team sheet has Nathan on it, doubt anyone will be having kittens about it

Some say Tav has the best delivery in the country. Half the time they're right.

Patterson is a superb player, a magnificent prospect and was excellent today but truth be told there was a clear difference when Tav came on. Thats not to denigrate Patterson, Tav's just a few levels above him at present.

Tav is the man for that position.

Patterson should get games to rest Tav. Like Defoe used to get the easy home games. Do the same with Patterson to get him experience and rest Tav.

Thought Patterson done well tonight but also think there is still a gap between him and Tav in terms of quality. Constantly hearing about how can we fit both in the side but for me it's not even a question really. The team should be built around Tav.

The wee man's time will come but, while Tav is at his peak, we need to rinse it for what it is.

Yep.

This season should see Patterson play at least 25 games across all competitions. There’s absolutely no reason with how good he is for Tavernier to have to play every game like he has in previous seasons.

Next season I’d like to see Patterson take over for years to come.

We need to remember Patterson is still only 19 and has so much potential which is great to see.
Makes little difference what age he is the lad aint sitting on the bench all season when we play in scottish football. This idea a player with his quality waits for the cup ties to get a chance when we play in such a weak league is absurd and even then which one plays in the final should we hopefully get there. No way our captain just accepts sitting out the LCF against say Aberdeen or the yahoos cos he didnt play previous rounds, he wants to be on the pitch winning the prizes.

Look at the first fixture, Livi at Ibrox, Patterson will be on the bench already you are thinking come on no way hes sitting watching that level of opposition all season and happy with a run out at the end if the games over at 3-0.

By far the most exciting youngster in the country thats worth about 10m quid already getting 10 minutes at the end of the match against a club with about 10 season ticket holders.

The more you think of it the more mental it is.

Having said that the subject i am worried about is dishonest/corrupt refs they will make sure we need to use the squad with the soft yellow/reds, suspensions and also sfa video evidence which is used to target Rangers...it seems even yesterday in a friendly match the scottish ref was cheating, not a total surprise but a warning about whats coming next season. Even then it wont be Tav picking up the cards though or getting done with VE as his discipline is possibly better than anyones in the squad.

Back