Tav for the own goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not blaming tav for today’s result far from it. However his time is most certainly up for me

Reactions: SCG
Watch the second goal again. You praising the RB for his defending?

Scapegoat? A RB that cannot defend.

I could start a thread about the sitter of a header Silva missed, Barisic failing to track O'Riley for the first goal, the game passing Diomande by for long periods, as it did with Lawrence too.
I could've even started a thread the last time we were there, when Sima sold the jerseys for their first goal from the corner, with his attempted clearance and so on and so on.

I didn't because we win as a team and lose as a team.

Plenty more happened in the conceding of the goal, other than Tavernier not cutting out the cross btw.

It was actually a pish ball, going straight to Davies, had Lundstram not overstretched and connected with it.

Just watching on sky there, why did tav not go across. Yet again he doesn't even attempt to stop the cross.

Fed up with this from him. Yes he scores goals but we need a defender as well.

basically because he's not a defender , he stood off Stokes for hibs 1st goal in cup final and still stands off to this day ......... has anyone ever saw Tav put in a great tackle in a sense a ball he had no right to win ??

Odd Job pisses all over him and all nae neck had to was pretend to run 1 way and run the other to full the Croatian international time and again.

When will he learn how to defend a cross ball?

Blame Lundstram all you want for their second but that defending from Tavernier was crap.

And we’ll go again next season with him.
Have you not watched us at all for years???
Tav and Borna have NEVER closed down a cross. It’s like they’ve been told not to

Shite crosser on his weaker foot with no one inside the box. It was a non event and if lundstram didn’t finish it no one would remember it.
So it was well defended? The defender should do everything to stop the ball going into the box. Regardless of the attackers weaker foot or not, he should have been pressed and either took possession or put out for a throw allowing the team to get into shape. The captain is not beyond criticism

Just watching on sky there, why did tav not go across. Yet again he doesn't even attempt to stop the cross.

Because Maeda has his number, he can't cope with the pace. Its a classic full back instinct to back off when he doesn't trust himself up against a guy that's so much quicker than him. Unfortunately he just leaves himself in no man's land and the winger has all the apace in the world to pick his cross. It's not really good enough. I'd rather he punted maeda into the crowd tbh. Tav never seems able to put one on maeda early to let him know he's in for a battle. Not his style.

It's no wonder he polarises the support.
We will never have a goalscoring fb like him again but Maeda absolutely terrifies him and constantly rips him apart.

He scores a lot of penalties. He has scored 16 spfl goals from open play. About 2 a season. Definitely nothing special.

It’s long punts that he stands and watches float above his head then spectates whilst the opponent gets to pick his pass. It’s tactics that a part time team could exploit.

An absolute collective f**kup. Our heads had gone at that moment, it was nothing cross as well but we panicked.

Highest scoring British defender ever...agree! Easiest ever Rangers right back to expose with long diagonal balls and chances at the back post...very possibly! I know which wins old firm games as Tav’s record in 9 years shows.

Having said all that, Lundstram doesn’t need to play the ball, Davies has it covered and clearing it!

He was outpaced by Maeda… pretty much every footballer in the world would have been.

Still put enough pressure to ensure the ball across was poor… lundstram proceeded to boot it in his own goal.

If you’re a clown = Tav’s fault

Lundstram doesn't touch the ball it goes straight to Davies, Lundstram at fault 100%
This is absolutely correct, but...and it is a huge but...you can’t deny that Tav got exposed over his head, he then sauntered back not sprinted, and allowed Maeda to run at him for at least 10 yards before shutting him down. TOO LATE. Every full back at any level knows not to back off into the box...except Tavernier. Lundstram is at fault, Tav is complicit and until we stop being able to write that in Celtic games we will be second best in Glasgow and that is nowhere.

You are right it's down to lundstram no one else but if you think we can go another season with Tav and his obvious defending problems then I despair for us.
According to today's threads you are only allowed to blame one thing for the defeat and shouldn't discuss anything else.

The bleating sheep are out.

He’s been a great servant for rangers , scored some memorable goals and had some great games. His biggest fans must see his time is coming to an end .

He needs to depart along with Goldson barasic and lundstrum along with a few others.

We need a proper fresh rebuild.

We need strikers and midfielders scoring not relying on a full back

Tav looks done. We’ve always known he’s poor defensively but what we got from him in an attacking sense - driving up the right side and zipping in crosses - tended to more than compensate.

He’s scored a lot of goals again this season, but I don’t feel he gives us anything like he used to offensively when he was more or less the driving force of the entire team.

And he also looks noticeably slower.

Recognising when a player is on the wane is a big part of club management, but it sounds like Clement is already planning for next season with Tav still at the forefront of it.

When the Celtic captain retires, he'll have a room full of medals. When Tavernier retires he'll have a shelf with a few and his name in a book about scoring goals. I know what one I'd rather have

I could start a thread about the sitter of a header Silva missed, Barisic failing to track O'Riley for the first goal, the game passing Diomande by for long periods, as it did with Lawrence too.
I could've even started a thread the last time we were there, when Sima sold the jerseys for their first goal from the corner, with his attempted clearance and so on and so on.

I didn't because we win as a team and lose as a team.

Plenty more happened in the conceding of the goal, other than Tavernier not cutting out the cross btw.

It was actually a pish ball, going straight to Davies, had Lundstram not overstretched and connected with it.

Right, let’s have one massive thread for everything.

Didn’t think it would take long for the FF zoomers to find a way to blame Tav for today.

Lundstram at fault every day of the week.
Only a zoomer would deflect away from the real culprit, tav's fault all day long

Tav gave the ball away with a lazy pass 30 seconds before O'Reilly scores.

It was lazy, it was poor decision making, it was typical Tav, arms go up blaming someone else.

The phase after it, you can look at 3 or 4 different players who shirk any sort of responsibilty.

Reactions: SCG
Great buy but sadly time’s up.
Him and Goldson both need to go imo. Not that they’re the worst - not by far- but they’re the biggest influence and we need a real change of attitude.

Didn’t think it would take long for the FF zoomers to find a way to blame Tav for today.

Lundstram at fault every day of the week.
I never really slag tav off but it’s the same stuff again from him against them…
Doesn’t get tight to meada and for 2nd goal he just backs off it’s pathetic and he gave ball away loads today.
I honestly think maybe a change at end of season is best for everyone.

If you’re wondering when after 9 years at the club and seeing the same mistakes time and time again, that Tavernier will suddenly wake up one morning and channel Paulo Maldini, then you probably need to temper your expectations.

Not saying this as a Tav fanboy, but he is what he is and defending never has been his strength and at this stage of career, never will be.
And it's cost us time after time for 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back