Tav for the own goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re wondering when after 9 years at the club and seeing the same mistakes time and time again, that Tavernier will suddenly wake up one morning and channel Paulo Maldini, then you probably need to temper your expectations.

Not saying this as a Tav fanboy, but he is what he is and defending never has been his strength and at this stage of career, never will be.
Captaining even less so - that I have a bigger problem with. There is no leader.

Tav was once again a disgrace in a massive match against them. When was the last time he played against Maeda and we didn’t concede a goal or assist down that side. His attempt at defending the second goal summed him up, slow, scared, a coward, incapable of stopping crosses.

Time and time and time again he costs us. Yes he shares the blame for the second with lundstram but it’s the same pattern every game - the “leaders” completely fold when it matters most. I sincerely hope Tav never ever plays for the club again.

9/35 old firm wins for your captain, brilliant stat. Was enough for me when maeda scored and it was offside and tav spent most the time putting his hand up for offside rather than pressing him.

If in doubt, blame Tavernier.

His pass just before the O’Riley goal was shocking.

He never done his job on Maeda.

Some can’t see Tavernier’s frailties and weaknesses being discussed. His defending is shit. His passing today was dreadful, long balls especially. He never won a single tackle.

Past his best and continuing to let the attackers get the better of him.

He's the most responsible for goals conceded against them too, especially post Gerrard.

For whatever reason, some refuse to see this.
For my sins I watched a compilation of errors he’s made in these games that someone retweeted video on Twitter created by a mentally challenged, the video was genuinely about 5 mins long of errors he’s made that were insanely stupid and costly.

This man is our captain our leader, however he was posted missing today while on the other side of the OF their Captain and leader led the way. Tav was poor today, that said he wasn't the only one that never turned up.

We have a team of serial losers, that's it in a nutshell.

All things considered it’s time for him to move on before he ruins what legacy he has.

Personally I wouldn’t like to see him stay and struggle and get even more gyp for the stands.

No idea of it suits him or not but on paper a move to Saudi for a couple of years looks a good solution for all parties so hopefully there’s something in the rumours.

For my sins I watched a compilation of errors he’s made in these games that someone retweeted video on Twitter created by a mentally challenged, the video was genuinely about 5 mins long of errors he’s made that were insanely stupid and costly.
I can imagine. Its unbelievable how much he's cost us over the years.

Like, truly astounding.

People know it can be both their fault at the goal surely? Tav lets Maeda pick the ball out the sky, compose himself, and run into the box unopposed. Lundstram was slow at tracking his man and had to run back full pelt to make up for it and inexplicably, somehow put it in our net.

There can be more than one point of failure in a phase of play.

Some can’t see Tavernier’s frailties and weaknesses being discussed. His defending is shit. His passing today was dreadful, long balls especially. He never won a single tackle.

It's pointless trying to reason with some posters. They are so entrenched in defending him. He is a piss poor defender and serial losers.

I'm tavs biggest fan , however I'm as fed up watching his defending as I am these predictable threads , we need a complete rebuild and a new captain / RB are part of that

The second goal today was equally as predictable, the easiest time to score against this squad of rangers players is straight after you score , their heads go , they get blinded and often conceed goals in 2s , Tav should have defended better 100% and then lundstrum as a " leader " in the team , an ex EPL player should have the fcuking composure to do better with the ball

His time is up. No single player is bigger than Rangers and if we are to progress he needs to be allowed a transfer and a final big pay day in an inferior league.

It will be a long time before another defender gets anywhere his scoring and assist stats and he should leave with gratitude for his service.

I fear 1 more season for him could taint the memories.

Aye Tav let the Japanese go goal side of him and let the ball come into the box unchallenged . How many times does it need to happen . Hi James
Winger gets a cross in, shock horror, lazy midfielder sticks it in?
Blame the full back, FF at its best.

Winger gets a cross in, shock horror, lazy midfielder sticks it in?
Blame the full back, FF at its best.
The winger always gets his cross in and it costs us time and time again.
Tav literally jogged over, never got goal side of the Japanese , who cut the ball back into the danger area . But aye you blame anyone but the man at fault again . Laughable

When will he learn how to defend a cross ball?

Blame Lundstram all you want for their second but that defending from Tavernier was crap.

And we’ll go again next season with him.
Worst thing about him is how he takes a slow jog back to defend, the negatives are far outweighing the positives now and have been for months

Tav simply can’t be here next year.

Absolute disgraceful. He stands twenty yards off his man lets him bring it down doesn’t stop the cross coming in. Absolute liability of a right back.

More than half the goals we concede are from having a right back who can’t play right back.

It is ridiculous when he doesn't let other players take throw-ins.

In stoppage time McAusland was going to take a thrown-in, then Tav tells him he can't then trots over to take the throw-in himself. Precious seconds wasted.

When you're a goal down it is really amateur to waste time like that.

The winger always gets his cross in and it costs us time and time again.
Tav literally jogged over, never got goal side of the Japanese , who cut the ball back into the danger area . But aye you blame anyone but the man at fault again . Laughable
Lundstram put the ball in, did every cross end in a goal?
Wingers get crosses in, unfortunately our checked out weeks ago player lazily stuck his leg out instead of dealing with it like Sterling done all day long.

‘Blame Lundstram all you want for their second but that defending from Tavernier was crap’

Lundstram literally tapped the ball in to his own goal under no pressure.

You could excuse tav's poor defending when he offered so much going forward. Now he offers %^*& all and is even worse defensively.

I’d take any reasonable offer.
I can’t believe there are fans left who don’t think we need to move on from all the players who have let us down countless times when it matters most.

When will he learn how to defend a cross ball?

Blame Lundstram all you want for their second but that defending from Tavernier was crap.

And we’ll go again next season with him.
Said it before and I'll say it again: never a defender and never a Rangers captain. I'd have him as a right-sided midfielder squad player next year if no-one comes in for him. How long will we accept failure before appointing a new captain and fresh leadership in the dressing room and on the park. Sterling or Butland should have the armband.

You only need to look at the difference in the way that mutant Johnston tackled Silva moments after the second goal in a similar position to see the difference.

Tav plods back and then backs off. He should have been out faster and right through Maeda but he's terrified of a guy with such limited footballing ability. He has done a lot of great things for Rangers but his time is up and I can't believe people are still defending him on here, utter losers.

I've seen the fans blamed lately for the toxic atmosphere due to results and performances but some of the new age losers in our support who constantly defend the indefensible season after season are equally as culpable.

It's your 'go to'. Have you started threads on the other players who were pish today? Nope, you just want to focus on one. Utterly bizarre.

You only need to look at the difference in the way that mutant Johnston tackled Silva moments after the second goal in a similar position to see the difference.

Tav plods back and then backs off. He should have been out faster and right through Maeda but he's terrified of a guy with such limited footballing ability. He has done a lot of great things for Rangers but his time is up and I can't believe people are still defending him on here, utter losers.

I've seen the fans blamed lately for the toxic atmosphere due to results and performances but some of the new age losers in our support who constantly defend the indefensible season after season are equally as culpable.
Jumps in, gets skinned and @Josh Allen is on FF telling everyone who niaive Tavernier is. The guy can't win with folk on here...

‘Blame Lundstram all you want for their second but that defending from Tavernier was crap’

Lundstram literally tapped the ball in to his own goal under no pressure.

It was the same shite lazy defending from Tav that caused the first goal last week. Sauntering back inability to sense danger bang too late he’s putting it in his own net.

I don’t blame him for the goals but he did absolutely zero today to show he is worthy of a start far less as captain. His set pieces were absolutely woeful. Only Butland and Sterling would I want to retain in that team!

Lundstram put the ball in, did every cross end in a goal?
Wingers get crosses in, unfortunately our checked out weeks ago player lazily stuck his leg out instead of dealing with it like Sterling done all day long.
I always like my fullback's to let numerous balls in the box , not as if you lose games that way .

No, no....you have to take the play back to make sure Tavernier is somehow at fault.
Tav was at fault in this instance , he gets plenty of credit when he does well but let's not deny he has let too many crosses in which unfortunately for us leads to goals against the yahoos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back