Tav's name

TN8

Was watching an EFL highlights thing on Sky earlier and during the Boro game the English commentator was pronouncing Tav's brother as "Ta-ver-nee-air" as opposed to "Tavern-ear" which most folk call our Tav.

Who's fucking right? Thought this was settled ages ago but it's got me doubtful now.

Was watching an EFL highlights thing on Sky earlier and during the Boro game the English commentator was pronouncing Tav's brother as "Ta-ver-nee-air" as opposed to "Tavern-ear" which most folk call our Tav.

Who's fucking right? Thought this was settled ages ago but it's got me doubtful now.
Want to hear it in Brazilian mate

My old man uses Tav-er-nee-aay, he is a stubborn old bastard though and right about once a decade so I have no doubts it's Tavern-ear

Us. Tavernier is well known enough up here for him to settled it shortly after he arrived and no one cares about his brother

In typical FF fashion, allow me to disagree..

I saw an interview with him before the hibs game in his first season where he definitely said the French pronunciation was the correct way.
The commentary team then alluded to it during the match.

You will find out in the lead up to Christmas.

I'm sure Tom said he specifically asked Tav, and he pronounces it "Tavern-ear".

He would actually be a much better player and more appreciated if his name was pronounced Tavern - ee-ay and he was French.

Tra ver ni er
Tra?

giphy.gif

It’s Tavern-ear.

Not long after he signed when everyone was calling him by the ‘french pronounciation’ a guy in our local who’s from Bradford said to me “why are you all saying his name like that,I know his Dad from back home and its is Tavern - ear.”

Back