Tax Officials Blamed For Rangers Downfall – HMRC Mistake Wipes Millions From Ibrox Bill (The Times)

Yeah, but they get paid out of the money they recover.

If oldco cannot recover more money than the liquidators have decided that it owes, after liquidators and lawyers fees are accounted for, then it will be liquidated. CVA's do not come into the equation, that is a completely separate process.

Liquidators don't accept appointments where there is no money anywhere for them to get paid.

Companies that have absolutely nothing carry on until a creditor bankrupts them - usually HMRC.

A CVA comes into the equation where creditors will get more out of the CVA than they will get from liquidation. Obviously it would be up to Dave King and the board if they want to ensure that it would be worth the creditors while to resurrect the company.

I would love to be able to sue them for reputational damage , loss of potential earnings etc and get the two companies merged. But I doubt that would be possible and would possibly open us up to a claim by Whyte.
I expect what will happen will be BDO might sue and the cash will sit with them for ever.
Think Green signed that privilege away of suing the League or SFA

Worse, Uncle Tom Cobley. He bought Whytes shares for £2.

If these people get OldCo then they get it. It will be irrelevant to us as OldCo no longer owns Rangers Football Club.

DK and the board would only be resurrecting the company for sentimental reasons.

Where do we stand on contacting members of parliament if parliament is currently dissolved? Murdo Fraser or Prof Adam Tomkins might be a good bet for the Scottish Parliament. The more this is out there the better.

If these people get OldCo then they get it. It will be irrelevant to us as OldCo no longer owns Rangers Football Club.

DK and the board would only be resurrecting the company for sentimental reasons.

Which is why I have to say I can't see it happening at this point in time.

• The “tax experts” who were allowed to spew their bile and lies about and against us EVERYWHERE
  • The lies that were spun and then taken as gospel
  • The debt rose every time it was reported
  • No one - outwith Rangers - were rational
  • “Whit aboot the skools Whit aboot the NHS”
The list is endless.

Also remember - the judge who wouldn’t sign off on liquidation.

I could greet today with what my club and our fans were forced to go through, but I’m also fucking raging. Heads must roll for this. A fucking stitch up at the highest levels of power.

Shower of corrupt cunts

She is a boot with a IRA loving bigot for a brother, but ssshhh dont mention him she doesnt like it!

But shes reads this page along with ill phil the killer - so if you both see this get fucked pair of cunts
Brothers a fuckin mess. Although shes not much better.
Whats a journalistic embarrassment is that people invite her on to QT and the likes. Shes a fuckin republican terrorist loving boot

Just goes to show the fkn lies and hypocritical views that were forced on us,even to this day they are still out there lying,even when THE TRUTH finally emerges they still won't accept it.This is all down to their bigoted outlook on all things Rangers while at the same time denying that any scandal took place at their fkn hovel.You simply cannot reason with fkn idiots.

Lost £30m of players at the time (probably £100m in today’s market)
Lost out on sponsorship
Lost out on prize money - champions league
Lost out on retail
Forced the club into a position wherever assets were up for grabs, forcing litigation costs on our current owners
Suffered immeasurable sporting disadvantage as a result, that still and will continue to haunt us for years
Attempts from other member clubs to impose penalties - 5 way, transfer ban etc

A scandal however, the damage is done and I suspect little will come of it. There will be nothing happens to HMRC, the other member clubs or the spivs.

Lost £30m of players at the time (probably £100m in today’s market)
Lost out on sponsorship
Lost out on prize money - champions league
Lost out on retail
Forced the club into a position wherever assets were up for grabs, forcing litigation costs on our current owners
Suffered immeasurable sporting disadvantage as a result, that still and will continue to haunt us for years
Attempts from other member clubs to impose Reyes

A scandal however, the damage is done and I suspect little will come of it. There will be nothing happens to HMRC, the other member clubs or the spivs.

Shareholders and Debit scheme holders screwed over due to HMRC adding 1 + 1 and getting 5! Sorry but this is not on, Its a massive blunder to be an honest mistake. For %^*& sakes, Its their job to be able to count for monies owed.

So where are we actually with this;

I presume HMRC and/ OR Rangers will make a statement at some point to confirm or deny.

If HMRC admit this to to "oldco" what are the options?

creditors of oldco would be due any monies left over once top priority creditors have been reimbursed. Damages would be hundreds of millions against HMRC. I would imagine DK will be seeking his 20 million + damages.

Murray attempted to reach a deal with HMRC did he not? I was under the impression this was knocked back due to the figures involved. Would a deal have been struck with them had the figures been more realistic?

if you don' think forces were working against us, i'm staggered

- Debt is at a manageable level & reducing in line with the bank (albeit with Murray Group in trouble)
- HMRC launch EBT crusade 10 years after we declare using them, just as Reid talks of nailing us to the floor
- Lloyds move the goalposts (Fullerton) and place Muir on the board to begin the kill
- HMRC float a (now known to be inflated) figure that puts off potential buyers
- Whyte appears, buys us for the mythical pound and an agreement to meet certain payments due (a man with a history of not paying)
- with the EBT "bill" not being enought to condemn us, Whyte stops paying taxes in that current season to facilitate a move to administration - EBTs alone couldn't do that
- SPL/SPFL (whatever they were that day) - use unprecedented punishment to further hamstring us
- this opens the door for Green (and Ashley) to come in and pick the bones - facilitated by the dodgy administrators who ignore "blue" offers in favour of the (now known) toxic one

1) playing squad dismantled without renumeration
2) prize money stolen
3) european football denied
4) league status falsely stolen
5) loss of attendance money with reduced ticketing
6) years rebuilding with the likes of Ashley taking our finances

if only a prominent MSP was responsible for the area Ibrox sits
someone with a history of "raging against the UK machine"?

The line about ‘nailing Rangers to the floor’ was originally attributed to Lawwell.

TBH, some of the claims on here and figures mentioned are well wide of the mark. I don’t think this helps our case.

So normally I'm a very calm person, those of you who regularly engage and debate with me know that though I have strong opinions I try to be fair and balanced.

But this is insane and I'm genuinely furious. So if someone can calm me down after this rant then I'd be much appreciated.

So HMRC destroyed us illegally. Is that correct?
And the SPFL and all the other clubs decided to stick the boot into us awful cheating hun scum. Is that also correct?
And all the while across town there's been a 40 year long paedophile ring operating and now being actively covered up and protected not only by those at the top of that disgusting club but powerful people within the political class. Would that also be accurate?

What the hell are those at the top of the pile doing such that a government organisation was allowed to destroy a club with no justification whilst the government refuses to even acknowledge the worst, absolute worst, cover up in our country's history.

Am I going too far here? Do I need to take a step back? Someone please talk some sense to me because I love this club and everyone else here. Even those who I have been rude to and shown me rudeness. Those who I have debated fiercely with and those who consider me a fool are still family as far as I'm concerned. And family looks after each other when times are tough.

Back