Tax Officials Blamed For Rangers Downfall – HMRC Mistake Wipes Millions From Ibrox Bill (The Times)

The ONLY thing that tipped us well over the edge in terms of solvency was the enormous tax bill claimed by HMRC, leaked and blogged by illegal actions of HMRC and others, and whipped onto a frenzy by a baying mob of mentally challengeds, Rangers haters and gleefully reported as widely as possible by an array of mhedia PAPErs and scum, all encouraged and emboldened by John Reid and his cronies in high places.

We were never insolvent, never over spent beyond our ability to manage our debts, never cheated and were guilty, at worst, of taking some mildly poor tax advice, which we offered to settle.

All of it motivated by hatred and vengeance. Heads must absolutely roll over this and don’t let any politicians who stuck in the boot forget us when we all vote shortly.

Defo mate.

Starting with the likes of that bastard Reid, Brian Wilson etc.

Then the SFA and SPL

And everyone of the poet journalists from Mad Phil, Alex Thomson, the Fat Cow Haggerty. The lot of them done for liability and lies against Our club.

I want everyone of these c*nts Ended, buried, wiped out, finished for good.

Yeah.

We got an effective ban for the Company not having three years worth of audited accounts. We revert back to oldco, we'd have no audited accounts since 2012 (I think, others can confirm).

Obviously if King decides to resurrect OldCo he would bring it into a group of companies that includes our current company structure.

if you don' think forces were working against us, i'm staggered

- Debt is at a manageable level & reducing in line with the bank (albeit with Murray Group in trouble)
- HMRC launch EBT crusade 10 years after we declare using them, just as Reid talks of nailing us to the floor
- Lloyds move the goalposts (Fullerton) and place Muir on the board to begin the kill
- HMRC float a (now known to be inflated) figure that puts off potential buyers
- Whyte appears, buys us for the mythical pound and an agreement to meet certain payments due (a man with a history of not paying)
- with the EBT "bill" not being enought to condemn us, Whyte stops paying taxes in that current season to facilitate a move to administration - EBTs alone couldn't do that
- SPL/SPFL (whatever they were that day) - use unprecedented punishment to further hamstring us
- this opens the door for Green (and Ashley) to come in and pick the bones - facilitated by the dodgy administrators who ignore "blue" offers in favour of the (now known) toxic one

1) playing squad dismantled without renumeration
2) prize money stolen
3) european football denied
4) league status falsely stolen
5) loss of attendance money with reduced ticketing
6) years rebuilding with the likes of Ashley taking our finances

if only a prominent MSP was responsible for the area Ibrox sits
someone with a history of "raging against the UK machine"?

She couldn't even comment when Employees of her constituency were assaulted on the pitch at Hampden in 2016.

Only commented to congratulate Hibs winning the Cup.

What kind of outcome would we be looking for on this? It does not affect us as we are today, but if BDO are still to pursue further reductions and don’t liquidate the old company what happens than? Is it offered to King to merge or something?

Obviously if King decides to resurrect OldCo he would bring it into a group of companies that includes our current company structure.
Again, the likelihood of the Oldco coming out of compulsory liquidation, bearing in mind that it has to pay liquidators and lawyers fees, is incredibly slim.

Creditors are still going to get pennies in the pound - it just might be closer to 60/70/80p in the pound rather than a couple of pence.

I know mate, crazy when you talking about £1m here n there like its nothing.

It isn't clear from the BDO report (https://www.bdo.co.uk/getmedia/4d6c...95c/Report-to-Creditors-10-June-2019.pdf.aspx) in section 4 what the £20m part of the £94m (not relating to the big tax case) relates to, I would assume it's unpaid PAYE/NIC/VAT from the final months when Craig Whyte ran us into the ground, so as minimum with no EBT liability at all (which wont happen) the number would be £20m.

At the moment HMRC have a claim for £48m directly relating to the EBTs, best case i would say this is halved to £24m (if the grossing up method is defeated), so overall our best case would be £44m (£24m for EBTs and £20m for other arrears).

The press not really talking about the other £20m only the tax case amounts.
Srill about a third of what arsenal were due yet they got to make a deal. As did hearts and other clubs.
Why were we treated so differently? Thats a massive question that needs answered.
This making an example of or other clubs is nonsense. If that was case they would have waited until the end of our case before making deals

What are we worrying about the wee tartan terror and the rest of her minions in Hollyroid and Westmister will be right on it. The thing that gets me pissed off rangers where the alleged test case before the taxman went for the big names in the EPL but as of yet have they investigated any one of them? We can all understand why there are bears on here being majorly peeved but leave the anger at one another to the club on the east we are and always will be better than them

I know mate, crazy when you talking about £1m here n there like its nothing.

It isn't clear from the BDO report (https://www.bdo.co.uk/getmedia/4d6c...95c/Report-to-Creditors-10-June-2019.pdf.aspx) in section 4 what the £20m part of the £94m (not relating to the big tax case) relates to, I would assume it's unpaid PAYE/NIC/VAT from the final months when Craig Whyte ran us into the ground, so as minimum with no EBT liability at all (which wont happen) the number would be £20m.

At the moment HMRC have a claim for £48m directly relating to the EBTs, best case i would say this is halved to £24m (if the grossing up method is defeated), so overall our best case would be £44m (£24m for EBTs and £20m for other arrears).

The press not really talking about the other £20m only the tax case amounts.
That’s exactly where I see it. I think we could be as low as £14M though, with a ceiling sum of £44M

She couldn't even comment when Employees of her constituency were assaulted on the pitch at Hampden in 2016.

Only commented to congratulate Hibs winning the Cup.

if you could see me type that, you'd see my tongue piercing my cheek

this should be an open goal for Mrs Separatist - big UK institution sabotages Scottish institution
but she will not bat a wonky eyelid at it

Again, the likelihood of the Oldco coming out of compulsory liquidation, bearing in mind that it has to pay liquidators and lawyers fees, is incredibly slim.

Creditors are still going to get pennies in the pound - it just might be closer to 60/70/80p in the pound rather than a couple of pence.

Liquidators and lawyers get paid anyway.

Oldco coming out of liquidation would obviously depend on creditors accepting a CVA.

Liquidators and lawyers get paid anyway.

Oldco coming out of liquidation would obviously depend on creditors accepting a CVA.
Yeah, but they get paid out of the money they recover.

If oldco cannot recover more money than the liquidators have decided that it owes, after liquidators and lawyers fees are accounted for, then it will be liquidated. CVA's do not come into the equation, that is a completely separate process.

I hope the board, do something,as its been pointed out cash witheld, our club castigated,,redundancies money lost, ie europe, assets stripped..
I know people on here say no, as it would lead to scottish clubs banned from europe, vut im so angry i want the sfa etc to pay and these clubs .. yet we still fill tere grounds
And LETS BE HONEST FANS WILL FILL TANNADICE NEXT SEASON IF THOSE BASTARDS GET PROMOTED

if you could see me type that, you'd see my tongue piercing my cheek

this should be an open goal for Mrs Separatist - big UK institution sabotages Scottish institution
but she will not bat a wonky eyelid at it

actually that’s a fair point - Westminster wrecks Rangers = Get Rangers voting for independence....... arsehole of a mp

d

David Murray's conglomerate was under scrutiny by HMRC at he time and RFC was front and centre.
Now, I am by no means going to justify him, or his actions but think on the following:

Why (or who) persuaded/forced Murray to sell RFC to Whyte?
Answer: LLoyds Bank via Donald Muir.
He was a high placed employee at LLoyds doing his bosses bidding.

The man at the top back then was Manus Fullerton. A founder & former director of the Septic Trust & a close friend of Mr "nailed to the floor".

There needs to be a non-scottish independent inquiry into the establishment's involvement in a tax 'mistake'. Heads must roll.

Plenty of people lost their jobs over this scandal and this is haggertys response
Most of the time when big businesses or institutions fail to protect children and allow them to be abused knowingly from within and try to cover up and cheat the system, the media holds them to account. Except in Scotland, where when Celtic do it they somehow become the victim of the piece. This narrow minded loyalty blindspot is a journalistic embarrassment.

Plenty of people lost their jobs over this scandal and this is haggertys response

She is of course wrong to say that we failed to pay taxes. It was only decided they were actually due when the Supreme Court decided they were due and indeed paid (or to be paid), albeit at a pence in the pound rate. Nothing was or ever has been illegal and the company (now in the liquidation process) is indeed paying/or will pay its dues.

It’s not going to be recalled.

Even if it does end up with more money than it owed (likely), the liquidators and lawyers fees are enormous and would still see a balance sheet deficit
christ you are depressing,you like the rest of us have no clue what is going on or are you dave king in disguise???

Would result in us enduring another European ban, so no thanks.

Unless there’s a way to merge the two. If nothing else is would end their constant attempts to force the SPFL to recognise our match record as having started in 2012. That campaign will be ramped up big time when they recognise 55, which they will.

christ you are depressing,you like the rest of us have no clue what is going on or are you dave king in disguise???
go take a look at the numbers involved and tell me if you can reach any other conclusion.

and trying to reintegrate the oldco shouldn't be a priority for us anyway. we should be looking to demand justice and accountability rather than trying to do something that will have absolutely zero effect on the club.

I also believe the Tims are trying to strip us of our Ramsdens Cup triumph as we shouldn't by rights have qualified to play in it. Total shambles.

I believe that was started by a bear at the windup but as with everything those gullible cunts have picked up on it.

Back