Taxis parked up in my street

Zadok

Official Ticketer
Over the past few weeks, taxis have been getting left in my street. Started off just the 1, but there's now 4. They are all but abandoned. They have the taxi badges on them still but they never move. Ever. Any ideas why they have been left? Just checked one online, it's taxed and MOT'd so that's not the reason.

Empire building.

lisyt.gif

Not Ubers actually. Three of the four are Southside Radio cars. In Maryhill!

Taxis are hackney carriages and are licensed to pick people up from the roadside, i.e. hailing a cab. Private hire vehicles are only permitted to pick up pre arranged bookings and are not permitted to pick people up from the side of the road.

A long time ago I was going out with a wumin and had the cab parked outside her house someone contacted the council and they checked with me if I still lived at the house I had my taxi plates registered from.

Taxis are hackney carriages and are licensed to pick people up from the roadside, i.e. hailing a cab. Private hire vehicles are only permitted to pick up pre arranged bookings and are not permitted to pick people up from the side of the road.
Ok Mr Pedantic. Private hire vehicles...

This happens at the park & ride at Ingliston. Private Hires left there when not in use, driven in shifts by eastern European drivers.

Think your neighbour is nicking them when he comes home and just dumping them outside your house.....unless of course you are a cleptomaniac for taxis.... ;)

Full livery? You on a busy bit?

Probably advertising there is a company in Burnside who do it a lot

Southside Cabs in Hairymill?

Opposite side of city.

Could be buying the motors and change the livery to the local one there.

If there aren't being moved the chances are the person who owns them lives in your street and they will be registered to that address.
You maybe able to check online via Glasgow licensing Private hire vehicles register?

Funny enough, within 12 hours of posting this thread, 1 of the taxis has moved, finally. I'm well aware it's probably coincidence, but it was almost 6 weeks that particular motor was parked there.

Possibly owned by someone on your street who rents them out, has them parked there until he gets drivers for them?

Back